[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r)
bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 9:54 AM | Message # 81
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Quote Xenanab ()
Now that I obtained some free time the server is down... that's unfortunate
Not so quickly lads! biggrin No giving up! Let not my 5 hour night battle go in vain lol

Message edited by bubu - Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 10:57 AM

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 1:38 PM | Message # 82
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
You did it! Server is back!

What exactly happened? Did you contact wewak at all?

@Marduk

We definitely need a new forum admin. I might be able to do it, but I need someone to explain me how the most important functions work. I have a bit of forum administration experience though.

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 9:13 PM | Message # 83
Colonel
The remote desktop port had been under brute-force attack for some days and I decided that changing password constantly is not a way to go. I know there is only a small chance some of those may succeed but I dislike that thought.

I tried to deploy RD Gateway, which uses certificates (selfsigned for example) to verify the host connecting to the server. The certificate has subtle attribute of subject. The subject for the server is its hostname in our case. It, however, should be an domain name by which you are then connecting to the server's RDP. Since the server does not have an domain name set up, I am connecting via IP address. So there is a mismatch in "by what I should be connecting" and "by what I am connecting". That therefore locks everyone and everything out.

Apart from couple of crazy ideas, which worked just because I had correct username and password and should generally not be used at all...I managed to get rid off the RD Gateway and get to the server itself smile

Regarding wewak: I have a telephone number that should apparently be his as it is German number. However, after calling it, his phone is unreachable. I tried to text to no avail. One of his email addresses has bounced email back that the inbox has been shut. I am rather not making any assumptions here...

mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-12-14, 10:17 AM | Message # 84
General
Awards: 45
Regarding forum admins:
I do not have the rights to promote people to admins here and I dont know who can do this.
I could still be around to upload event flyers etc. though.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-12-14, 6:32 PM | Message # 85
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Quote marduk ()
yes

bubuDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 4:34 PM | Message # 86
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
happy Yes!

Added (2018-01-19, 7:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
The Hetzner company is slightly and slowly pissing me off:

Their reply to message Trolli created and me, lampi and eye supplied with all possible details:

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we cannot transfer the server or change the details of
the contractual partner without the confirmation of the current owner.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards

Magdalena Grimm

Hetzner Online GmbH
Industriestr. 25
91710 Gunzenhausen / Germany
Tel: +49 9831 505-0
Fax: +49 9831 505-3
www.hetzner.com

Registergericht Ansbach, HRB 6089
Geschäftsführer: Martin Hetzner

I don't know what to reply to this. Ask for contact on company CEO Martin Hetzner? unsure Or ask them, hey read the message, try to contact the contract owner, you wont reach him? Or something along the lines "what do they do when owner is not among us anymore?" sad

Added (2018-01-19, 3:34 PM)

Dear Magdalena,
Thank you for your reply,

I, of course, understand this policy but this is rather unusual and
extraordinary case as the confirmation of the current owner may not be
obtained.

As I wrote in the original message, all members of our community tried to contact the current owner numerous
times. His mobile number is off and he does not reply to any of our
messages or attempts to contact him.

Please, is there any way to proceed in this case? Or is there any advice available for us on how to proceed, please?

Best regards,
Tomas Z-----.

Their reply:

Dear Mr Z-----

We can only offer you to forward your initial request to our contractal partner.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Jan Kolb

Product Advice / Sales

Hetzner Online GmbH
Sigmundstrasse 135
90431 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 234 226-927
Fax: +49 9831 505-3
support-server@hetzner.com
www.hetzner.com

Register Court: Registergericht Ansbach, HRB 6089
CEO: Martin Hetzner

Message edited by bubu - Friday, 2018-01-19, 8:48 AM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:01 PM | Message # 87
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Hey guys, I know I'm not very active in the community anymore, (mainly because of my internet provider who decreased my speed considerably...) but I just thought I'd let you all know that I see Wewak online on Steam almost all the time. I haven't spoken with him recently, but he does have online and game activity on there, so if you're wanting to get in touch with him and other methods have failed, I'd say Steam would be a good option to do so; in fact, he is online right now.

LampoDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:10 PM | Message # 88
Donator of 40€
ok, my idea is, quit all services with them. If they prefer using a blinker rather than helping us we can find another server

LampoDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:14 PM | Message # 89
Donator of 40€
Quote (HH)Benjamin ()
Hey guys, I know I'm not very active in the community anymore, (mainly because of my internet provider who decreased my speed considerably...) but I just thought I'd let you all know that I see Wewak online on Steam almost all the time. I haven't spoken with him recently, but he does have online and game activity on there, so if you're wanting to get in touch with him and other methods have failed, I'd say Steam would be a good option to do so; in fact, he is online right now.
if you can, please contact and tell him we need his help here. Tanki  smile

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:55 PM | Message # 90
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
So what is his name on Steam? WEWAK too?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

starking018Date: Friday, 2018-01-19, 6:38 PM | Message # 91
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Please do try to contact him and point him to this thread. We were desperate to do so a long time ago.

If we can't get in touch with Wewak through Steam I guess Bubu should accept their offer to "forward your initial request to our contractal partner".

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

bubuDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 7:26 PM | Message # 92
Colonel
Quote (HH)Benjamin ()
Please, contact him, asap, point his to this thread. This is emergency! biggrin

Added (2018-01-19, 6:26 PM)
Or please, gimme his steam name so I will add him and talk to him .... dry  happy

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2018-01-20, 0:49 AM | Message # 93
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Ok, I sent him a link and told him that you guys need to talk to him.

If anyone would like his steam name it's "wewak" and his avatar is an abstract portrait of a man.

bubuDate: Thursday, 2018-04-12, 1:21 PM | Message # 94
Colonel
Just to let everyone here know how this is going: it's a stalemate.

I responded to Hetzners' offer to "We can only offer you to forward your initial request to our contractal partner" on 30th January 2018 and they haven't got back to me since.

I also contacted Wewak on Steam by sending him friend request resulting to no response. Thanks Ben for steam name though. 

I may try to ask Hetzner by replying them whether there is any follow up or whether they had any luck contacting "contractal partner". Other than that, I ran out of ideas. If anyone has any, please post them unsure

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2018-04-15, 1:41 AM | Message # 95
Colonel
Awards: 16
You are very worried I understand,  wink  I do not know what can be done but this has to be done fast It is very important to solve somehow, or maybe we can stay without playing fhsw for some time if something more serious occurs.  surprised

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

starking018Date: Sunday, 2018-04-15, 3:00 PM | Message # 96
Colonel
Awards: 22
I guess what is left is to get ready with a backup of all the data so that it can be somewhat easily deployed on a new machine if/when we have to.

In an emergency a few of us have the ability to host a temporary server, so we won't stay without any FHSW server for long (one of us would probably start a server within minutes).

Added (2018-10-31, 4:23 PM)

Quote Lampo ()
Quote starking018 ()
money is getting to Hetzner after all.

wewi told me that payment is on 3th of each month, maybe my stupid postal bank delayed some payement because they are alwayns on strike.

Looks like we have the same situation 1 year and 1 month later, doesn't it? Maybe we should wait until the first or second workday after the 3rd, Monday the 5th or Tuesday the 6th and see if the server goes online again just after payment day like last time.

@Lampo, have your money transfers gone through?

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Sunday, 2018-04-15, 3:00 PM

LampoDate: Wednesday, 2018-10-31, 7:34 PM | Message # 97
Donator of 40€
I did all payments, since I took my commitments.  yes

and I always pay on 27/28th of each months.

Message edited by Lampo - Wednesday, 2018-10-31, 7:43 PM

mardukDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 8:09 AM | Message # 98
General
@lampo: So this bloody traitor Harry Kassler is still the contractual partner of Hetzner and you are only paying on behalf of him?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 10:26 AM | Message # 99
Donator of 40€
yep, I started to pay 30/01/2017  biggrin 
but all were ok, I had the confirmation from Harry. The problem is the server, or maybe Harry closed the bank account... to know that, i need to wait a money refund, but it takes a week. When we pay 1 day if they have to refund... 1 week ( never understood why ) . I think we have to find another server and start a new renting... opening also a paypal account for donations and helping our community to hold on. I can continue with my help, but at the moment I have to do an important medical exam, if all is ok... no problem, if not... my life will change for a while and I don' t know when all ( and if ) will be ok again. 
So we need to take a decision asap.

mardukDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 6:38 PM | Message # 100
General
Yea, we need a new server or at least a new contract. It is just shit to pay on behalf of that H.K.
Also I agree with opening a paypal account for donations. We could put a "donations barometer" on the mainpage where everybody can see how much money is needed and how much already has been paid for the current month.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Search: