[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r)
sagnikDate: Wednesday, 2018-11-28, 10:43 AM | Message # 161
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hello everyone,

I am the owner of Zade Servers and I'd like to clarify a few things here. 

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
And another one:https://my.zadeservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=5
That site looks a bit phishy, and, tbh, I haven't found many reviews about that hoster either.

The new site is being remade and should be live soon. Also, some reviews of our clients are available here: https://hostadvice.com/hosting-company/zade-servers-reviews/, and others are available on our Discord server. Also, in our VPSs, all CPU assigned are dedicated threads, which means you can max them all the time. Let me know if there is anything else you guys want to know smile

starking018Date: Friday, 2018-11-30, 1:50 PM | Message # 162
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Quote sagnik ()
Also, in our VPSs, all CPU assigned are dedicated threads, which means you can max them all the time. Let me know if there is anything else you guys want to know

Thank you, but I believe that we'd get a better consistent single-thread performance from our reference dedicated server (not a VPS) with a Core i7-3770 (with a Turbo Boost of 3.9GHz on a single-thread load). At least that is what I can discern from the available information that these are dedicated threads running on an (unknown model) Intel CPU at 3.6+ GHz. Also, the prices for your Finland KVM Game Virtual Servers are somewhat higher than what we were hoping to find for a similar server.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

sagnikDate: Saturday, 2018-12-01, 9:56 AM | Message # 163
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Quote starking018 ()
Thank you, but I believe that we'd get a better consistent single-thread performance from our reference dedicated server (not a VPS) with a Core i7-3770 (with a Turbo Boost of 3.9GHz on a single-thread load). At least that is what I can discern from the available information that these are dedicated threads running on an (unknown model) Intel CPU at 3.6+ GHz. Also, the prices for your Finland KVM Game Virtual Servers are somewhat higher than what we were hoping to find for a similar server.

We run i7 7700 on the SSD nodes, and E3 1246v3 on the HDD nodes. Also, the prices are higher on the Game VPSs because of SSD, if HDD works for you, we can do that at $1.50/GB.

bubuDate: Monday, 2018-12-03, 8:11 AM | Message # 164
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Hmm that sounds interesting. We will consider it as well smile Thanks

Added (2018-12-30, 4:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ok update on this:

I created PayPal account after long decision making and reading through terms and fees for transactions: Paypal.me/fhsw

As it is based in Slovakia, i.e. country in European Economic Area and EU, there are no transaction fees when sending Euro. 

So far I haven't linked it to any account - I will see whether this has to be done or not but we can successfully receive donations on this PayPal account. When sending a donation, you will see you are sending to Tomas Zboril, that is me  happy  smile  

I also registered on Hetzner and I am ready to request a new server. We just need to gather 30 Euros as soon as possible now.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2018-12-30, 5:56 PM | Message # 165
General
Awards: 45
@Bubu: you mean starting February, right?!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Sunday, 2018-12-30, 6:19 PM | Message # 166
Colonel
Hm, well Lampo managed to pay for run of the current server for January.

I think it would be good to have the new server running in parallel with the old one for 1 month. Reason for that is to tell every single player on the old server to migrate to the new one.... It isn't the cheapest option but it is the best one.

EDIT:
I had to change my email and the string a bit smile The new link is: paypal.me/fhsweurope
The email address is: tomaszbor01@gmail.com (I modified it to keep my private email address secret hehe)

Sending EUROs is without currency exchange - no fees. However, if you are going to send something else than Euros, you are more than welcome to, but the trasaction may incurr exchange rate fee tongue

Added (2019-01-02, 3:35 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Guys. I need a bit of advice.

Status is that Lampi paid for the old server and it will be here until end of January. We currently have 36€ so we are able to rent a new server now.

Please, should I order it now, so both servers will run concurrently OR should wait and we give it, let's say, only 15 days of parallel run?

Message edited by bubu - Sunday, 2018-12-30, 9:52 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-02, 4:55 PM | Message # 167
General
As we have seen when the current server was down the other month nearly the whole playerbase got to know of Trolls temporary server after two or three days. I think that it probably would be enough to run them parallel for only one week. If you think that is not enough maybe start at the 21st of January?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Thursday, 2019-01-03, 10:08 AM | Message # 168
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
OK. Bubu I sended 30€ for you as server payment now. Is it enough for february?

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

bubuDate: Thursday, 2019-01-03, 10:10 AM | Message # 169
Colonel
Damn Gameplayer thats huge help! Yep we have now money for February and for March biggrin Great thanks to all!!!

starking018Date: Thursday, 2019-01-03, 5:33 PM | Message # 170
Colonel
You'd want enough time for the server to be delivered (not sure if it takes any time for their auction servers), to install and configure the OS and everything else, then potentially a few days to test the server and resolve any performance issues (e.g. I remember last time there was a slight lag coinciding with chat messages appearing, then eYe looked into it and it was somehow resolved) and then a few days or a week of everyone playing on the new server while the old one invites the players to the new one (I'd suggest perhaps spamming announcements every 10 seconds or something like that). 15 days sounds reasonable, but you can probably go for longer or shorter than that without going wrong. If there's any unexpected delay I'm ready to fill the gap in uptime.

By the way, it is worth mentioning that Hetzner allows paying for some months in advance (although with no discount): https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.p....unt.3F. This may be useful in a few cases: if you worry about the risks of payments to Hetzner not going through in time, or the risks of keeping money in the PayPal account.

E-3Date: Thursday, 2019-01-03, 6:48 PM | Message # 171
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Quote starking018 ()
You'd want enough time for the server to be delivered (not sure if it takes any time for their auction servers), to install and configure the OS and everything else, then potentially a few days to test the server and resolve any performance issues (e.g. I remember last time there was a slight lag coinciding with chat messages appearing, then eYe looked into it and it was somehow resolved) and then a few days or a week of everyone playing on the new server while the old one invites the players to the new one (I'd suggest perhaps spamming announcements every 10 seconds or something like that). 15 days sounds reasonable, but you can probably go for longer or shorter than that without going wrong. If there's any unexpected delay I'm ready to fill the gap in uptime.By the way, it is worth mentioning that Hetzner allows paying for some months in advance (although with no discount): https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.p....unt.3F. This may be useful in a few cases: if you worry about the risks of payments to Hetzner not going through in time, or the risks of keeping money in the PayPal account.
I agree with everything you said here,
but I want to add something,  a few days ago robert kept kicking a player for using the name 1,
which is understandable because 1 is not a name but the guy refused to change it.
So at this point robert felt he was just trolling with the server admins and almost wanted to give the guy a 10 minute ban.
I  was talking to bubu on TeamSpeak I had the idea to look up this guy's IP which happened to be from Ecuador.
I figured the guy just didn't know any English.
so we were now looking for somebody who spoke Spanish.
born in darkness was the only Spanish speaking player on the server he sad to the guy in Spanish, that he had to change his name and of course he listens and did it.
the point im getting to here, is we have multiple people playing from a lot of different countries.
We Almost like a little United Nations here.
I like to see the announcements in different languages from Spanish to French German to Russian you name it this way we done everything we can not to lose players and everybody knows the server has moved.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2019-01-03, 6:50 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2019-01-03, 10:07 PM | Message # 172
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
good idea E3  up

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

bubuDate: Friday, 2019-01-04, 9:18 PM | Message # 173
Colonel
I agree E-3, It is good idea. Thanks Trolli and E-3. I have backup of current server so deployment should be without problems.

One more question. Is it an auction in terms of people bidding over each other or just like a big sale house, we pay for it and we get it "straight away" (if i disregard deployment time as Trolli said)?

Edit: Nevermind, The server is purchased, and has been delivered. Waiting for KVM attachment (tomorrow) so I can install OS.

Message edited by bubu - Saturday, 2019-01-05, 5:13 PM

starking018Date: Sunday, 2019-01-06, 3:41 AM | Message # 174
Colonel
Yes, this is a type of auction known as a Dutch auction, which ends the moment a buyer accepts the current asked price (which goes lower periodically). So, people here would want to know the exact price you got.

E-3Date: Sunday, 2019-01-06, 5:55 PM | Message # 175
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
its time to get the announcements in different languages.

how about this  ?

[fhsw-europ.ucoz.de has moved  permanently to a new IP add this ip (serverip) to your favourites.]
in dutch
[fhsw-europ.ucoz.de is blijvend verhuisd na een nieuwe ip voeg dit ip ( serverip)  toe aan je favorieten.]

it has to be short because when the server comes back online we can add this text into announcements.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2019-01-06, 5:56 PM

Born-1942Date: Monday, 2019-01-07, 3:06 AM | Message # 176
Colonel
Awards: 16
Well, I liked the idea! well in my language I will write in Portuguese as it would be a warning message for anyone who uses improper names in the game.

in Portuguese: não use nomes como 1 ou ofensivos, use frases maiores para seus nomes como por exemplo: BUBU, BORN OU E-3! é um aviso não faça isso, caso contrário você será chutado e se persistir sera punido por algum tempo! 

Translation: do not use names like 1 or offensive, use bigger phrases for their names like for example: BUBU, BORN OR E-3! is a warning do not do this, if you do not respect you will be kicked and if you persist will be punished for some time!

[fhsw-europ.ucoz.de has moved  permanently to a new IP add this ip (serverip) to your favourites.]

Portuguese: [fhsw-europ.ucoz.de mudou-se permanentemente para um novo IP adicionar este ip (serverip) aos seus favoritos.]

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

rickardsvDate: Thursday, 2019-01-10, 1:34 PM | Message # 177
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
Can you rename the whole server to something so people see in the server list that the server has moved, before even joining it?

Tropical

bubuDate: Thursday, 2019-01-10, 1:41 PM | Message # 178
Colonel
Yes, I could rename it but I do not see any reason why? biggrin because there is no other server so we should see just one server :s

mardukDate: Thursday, 2019-01-10, 1:47 PM | Message # 179
General
When they have already found it it would only confuse them. Don't complicate things ^^

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Thursday, 2019-01-10, 5:21 PM | Message # 180
Colonel
I played a little yesterday, including infantry and air combat (which are latency sensitive) and my latency looked the same or maybe lower than usual. I noticed no issues, so I'd consider the server ready.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Search: