[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Server crash (m) (Report all server crashes here)
Server crash (m)
E-3Date: Monday, 2020-07-27, 10:52 PM | Message # 41
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Quote marduk ()
Berlin 1945 caused massive mass disconnection (about 30 % ) at the beginning of the round. The disconnections kept going on during the round so I had to remove the map from the rotation.@ADMINS: There is NO reason to change the map because of a mass disconnection at the beginning of a round.
1. We've had it in the past MANY times that we had a mass disconnection but players were able to re-join and play. Some of those rounds actually ended with more players being on the server than on the previous map.
2. IF you change the map you are NOT able to find out if the problem is severe and the disconnections keep continuing during the round.
3. So PLEASE stay calm and just play the round and in case the disconnections continue decrease time.
4. DON'T remove maps from the rotation only because of a mass disconnection at the beginning of a round, but ONLY if the disconnections continue.

marduk I was on TeamSpeak and it wasn't a mass disconnect everybody was crashing to desktop  because they were all loading the wrong maps including me. I don't know what was happening but whenever I would load up berlin 1945 it would load up another random map name.
So at that point I knew we had to skip that map because tropical, gameplayer, torquemada, buddydog, and me we were all crashing to desktop.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Monday, 2020-07-27, 11:16 PM

waldhurzakDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-29, 1:30 AM | Message # 42
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
something wrong with Midway-1942 map (objectives)
The Alps loadscreen and crash while loading.

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-29, 12:06 PM | Message # 43
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Could this be because of SSMs or because 0.611 is broken as hell?

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-29, 8:08 PM | Message # 44
General
Awards: 38
Midway-1942 and Berlin-1945 are broken because the localisation file has an error, it's a very old bug see here: http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/21-438-5310-16-1377858657

Download this and replace your lexiconall.dat in the FHSW folder to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

I have sent the fix to FHSWman as well.

btw. since I know this bug for a long time I have included the fixed version in my FHSW installer on moddb, so you shouldn't have any problems if you have installed the mod with that installer.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

waldhurzakDate: Friday, 2020-07-31, 4:49 AM | Message # 45
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
thx eYe
could be good add fix to all installers fhsw, and mappacks etc.

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

starking018Date: Friday, 2020-07-31, 12:35 PM | Message # 46
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I don't think that the diagnosis is entirely correct. I have the original FHSW 0.611 lexiconall.dat file and the game is in English. When I tested all maps on my own dedicated server (also original lexiconall.dat) I had no crashes on Midway-1942 and Berlin-1945 (only the minor bug of wrong loading screens). But when I tried to load Midway-1942 on the main server I had a crash like everyone else. This night 5 of us played Midway-1942 successfully on my server and 3 of us had the original lexiconall.dat. So there has to be something different on the main server side which triggers client crashes. We better find out what it is and make it so unmodified clients can join, as on my server.

Does the main server have a different lexiconall.dat (try the original one, or perhaps eYe's)? Did you remove the old SSMs for Midway-1942 (I think they don't matter, but remove them anyway)? And SSMs for Berlin-1945, if any? Are there any other SSMs which may affect Midway-1942 (e.g. for objects.rfa; edit: other than the official one)? Is the server running server bf1942 files, (not client files modified by Simple, like one time) server FH files, server FHSW files? Have you added any extra custom maps for bf1942, FH or FHSW? Any of these things could potentially have the effect of a SSM and cause this. I don't think that 0.611 itself is any worse than 0.61.

BTW, other maps which definitely need to have any pre-0.611 SSM removed until they are updated:
Breakthrough-1944 (Crashed on the server this night. Cause unknown. It has happened before on this map, but not often)
Westminster-1942
Alaska-1948 (picking up the railgun kits added by the SSM causes a mass disconnect every time! Also, the SSM removes the new YaK-9UT from 0.611)

Also, can't you disable the error windows, which I presume are the reason why BFSM doesn't restart the server automatically when crashed? The error messages can be viewed in the Event Viewer anyway.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Friday, 2020-07-31, 12:49 PM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-10-25, 8:34 AM | Message # 47
General
Awards: 45
Battle of Iwo Jima
Mass disconnecion (-40 % Players), another time...
Map was removed from the mapcircle. Problem is probably due to version 0.611

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Server crash (m) (Report all server crashes here)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: