[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » I am tired to alpenfestung map. (I need to talk about this.)
I am tired to alpenfestung map.
GameplayerDate: Wednesday, 2020-12-16, 8:15 PM | Message # 1
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
I am now tired of alpenfestung map.
Every time when I join in the server we seem to play alpenfestung map. Some people just keep suggesting, voting or asking that map.
I know it is playable with small number of people and with lot of people, but that doesn't mean we can play it every day and even 3 times in one day. That is why I am asking from the admins.

Can we remove alpenfestung from the map list for 1 week?

I would be very glad if we can. I know I have not been playing for FHSW for a 1 month, but I have kept eye on it. Also we seem to play alpenfestung more than el alamein these days.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

navyduck10Date: Wednesday, 2020-12-16, 11:00 PM | Message # 2
Private
Awards: 3
That is very selfish of you. Many players like Alpenfestung, it is a well balanced map and there are many other reasons. Plus any other map that gets set has its own players that love to bitch about it being overplayed. Each player considers this or that map overplayed. Get used to it, admins can't make everyone happy. Also consider that Alpenfestung is a good map for low players, and since we always have low players during the week, all of the low player maps get overdone like Chartres, Cretan Village,eetc.

Also, don't complain about server maps when you aren't even playing but "keeping an eye" on them. Honestly, very shitty of you.

mardukDate: Thursday, 2020-12-17, 0:25 AM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Most likely one thing will happen. We have witnessed that with El Alamein and Midway for example. Alpenfestung will become so overplayed at a point, that it will decrease server population. It will just not work out anymore. Believe me, I am doing this admin job for more than ten years. Just be patient, gameplayer. The problem will fix itself.

But it would be worth to consider removing the map for a while in order to prevent that it gets "destroyed" the way I descriced above.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Thursday, 2020-12-17, 7:10 PM | Message # 4
Captain
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
FISTING usually gets a decent playercount because many INCLUDING ME enjoy it.

Anyway if theres 8 players on the server at 1130pm who the hell cares what is set, not exactly going to play rape at the bulge or some slow arse plane map are we.

If somebody can recommend other fun equal maps with tanks and planes suitable for low playercount i'm all ears.

On a final note I LOVE FISTING.

FRIDAY NIGHT FISTING

mardukDate: Thursday, 2020-12-17, 7:39 PM | Message # 5
General
...and since I do this for so long I am used to people who think that I am wrong and that it will never happen to their own beloved maps lol

So people have to fuck up the maps by overplaying to find out themselfes. That easy. It is just a shame for other players who like those maps (but don't want to play them all the time). For them they also get fucked up. This is why we removed Midway and El Alamein the other year, because I like them too and I didn't want to see how they become overplayed even more and get "destroyed" this way. Not all people understood that, they seemed to prefer fucking them up by overplaying.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Thursday, 2020-12-17, 8:30 PM | Message # 6
Silver Donator
Awards: 12
Well @duck. I know, but it is shitty to come to play and see other cool maps in FHSW, but instead I always find myself playing alpenfestung on the server while chad negro makes fun of me with shitty jokes about feet for over 2 months now. Would you then laugh when we still play alpenfestung in may 2021 every week monday to sunday 6 times in a day while chad negro makes fun of me?

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

Message edited by Gameplayer - Thursday, 2020-12-17, 8:31 PM

navyduck10Date: Thursday, 2020-12-17, 9:23 PM | Message # 7
Private
Awards: 3
Now you are speaking of two separate issues Gameplayer, the map and bullying.

I set Alpenfestung during the week because I try to make the players happy and that is what most of them want.  I am not saying that it is not overplayed, I am saying that as overplayed as it is, our small weekday community of regulars seems to like it.  Maybe one day everyone will get sick of it, but I don't believe we have arrived there yet.

As for bullying, I will first say to make sure you know the difference between bullying and people trolling you. Chad, among others, is a troll and he is mostly harmless, so just be sure that you know how to take a joke. That being said, if it goes past that point, and people are just being rude to you for no reason, and you aren't provoking them yourself, please by all means report it to me or another admin, as I have every intention of enforcing the following rule:

4. Insulting other players, racial slurs and excessive foul language will be punished with a ban! This rule also applies to Team Speak!

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 1:19 AM | Message # 8
Captain
The only one you can insult is cleaner because hes cleaner.

Anyway about fisting this is why brexit happened, Germans trying to take over AGAIN and tell us whether to enjoy a good fisting.

Not just blaming the Germans but look at MERKEL, how can you trust a country that leader looks like jabba the hutt shagged a walrus and out popped MERKEL?

rafal is rarely afk on fisting THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF btw.

Also BAM BAM.

After reading all this how can you argue my points? I rest my case = thread closed.

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 8:41 AM | Message # 9
General
@Majormasterbates: For the next post like this I will block you off the forum.

4. Insulting other players, racial slurs and excessive foul language will be punished with a ban! This rule also applies to Team Speak!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 3:06 PM | Message # 10
Captain
Alright marduk calm down! I'm sick of hearing about brexit as well but I was carried away because you were criticising FISTING.

What doesn't help is APPENNINES is broken atm which is or was another good low playercount map similar to FISTING.

What's needed are the R2R/SWOFWW2 maps... I made a thread about them but I don't have the knowledge to implement them, not meaning to be lazy but someone with experience in mapping is better off doing it then me start from scratch...if I can help with it I will..

On a final note, BAM BAM

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 5:36 PM | Message # 11
General
Is Appennines as well broken since that new "Patch" 0.611?

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 6:37 PM | Message # 12
Captain
What i read in chat its broken because of some SSM.

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-12-18, 6:40 PM | Message # 13
General
Does someone else has detailed information about this?

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Born-1942Date: Monday, 2020-12-21, 5:02 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
alpenfestung is cool. That's what we have so far.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-12-23, 2:23 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Appennines has long had a disconnection bug. A SSM was made for the map (balance changes?) and it still had that bug. I don't know if it made it even worse, and I don't know if the SSM was kept or not.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2020-12-23, 11:53 PM | Message # 16
Colonel
Awards: 13
I've had issues with Appennines disconnecting more than usual.
As for Alpenfestug  its only seems overplayed because its popular with the Weekday players.
The few times I've been able to play that map is played a lot. People like it, wide variety of tanks, small map for the small weekday group its a good map. Occasionally weekend players want to play it too, so it might seem overplayed.
But peoples tastes changes so don't worry.
I remember at one point we played Alaska a lot until we got bored and tired of it.

basilonemoh7Date: Saturday, 2020-12-26, 8:15 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
What I see is that there are no map cycles here. The maps are listed in alpha order which place Alpen on the top. The same maps run in the same order every day - like playing the same maps over and over - kills the server.

Part of my former admin job was to create map cycles for each day of the week so that this would not happen.

Instead of doing this, admins remove a good map. Suggestion: get off your asses and do some work to keep the server going!

P.S. Perhaps Bluemax downloaded Grabbi'asses document on how to do this and can give it to you.

biggrin

John Basilone
Medal of Honor Winner
1916-1945
KIA Iwo Jima

Message edited by basilonemoh7 - Saturday, 2020-12-26, 9:33 PM

LampoDate: Saturday, 2020-12-26, 9:22 PM | Message # 18
Donator of 40€
Awards: 31
i'm tired of this game, plz delete it and upload candy crush saga.  smile

mardukDate: Saturday, 2020-12-26, 10:31 PM | Message # 19
General
@basilone: That is a lot of work and ordinary admins can't do it. We would have to be logged in all day to set each map. If you create a list for the whole day, the server has to get restarted. Then, we would have to disable the mapvote so the list does no get destroyed by votings. It's open if that would work out, depends on the players, if they like the current list.
Also FHSW has more than 100 maps, so when the mapvote is enabled the circle starts at different points over and over again when players have voted before. So basically the circle gets mixed up all the time.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-12-27, 1:46 AM | Message # 20
Captain
Please can we have a 1 day reprieve for FISTING on new years eve its great fun for all the family since we can't go out and get arrested or freeze to death.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » I am tired to alpenfestung map. (I need to talk about this.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: