[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » The greed for score destroys teamplay and fun (r) (a few words to think about...)
The greed for score destroys teamplay and fun (r)
mardukDate: Tuesday, 2018-07-03, 11:54 AM | Message # 21
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Yes, those players suck but we won't change the whole scoring system because of "a handful of players". If you hate them so much, find and kill them! biggrin At least that's what I do. Take on the challenge of finding & killing them instead of asking for more rules or changes in the game-settings!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Tuesday, 2018-07-03, 11:28 PM | Message # 22
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote djmeltdown65 ()
I think we need to lower the amount of tickets given to players for capping flags to the same given for getting kills. We have a handful of players that ruin maps by driving around in jeeps just to cap flags and get points or will spend an entire map hiding out at one flag to re-cap it when people move on. It disrupts the flow of gameplay and the amount of points given for capping flags encourages it.

Is it even possible to do that? As far as I know, score point values are hardcoded into the game.

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2018-07-04, 0:55 AM | Message # 23
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I agree with Marduk on all points.

Some player needs to start actively countering them if your team has sufficient manpower to do so. If there is insufficient manpower, then I think that often this could be solved by either waiting for more players to join, changing the map to one more suitable for the player numbers, to a different kind of map, or trying to rebalance the teams.

Some have seen me waste my time along with the 1 hiding infantryman I eventually get, or entirely ignoring a particular camping-friendly flag (thus boring the camper to death) but still winning the round. I don't think that their little game is necessarily successful for them in any way, nor fun, therefore they can be convinced or compelled to give it up (they may give it up even without deliberately countering them).

I've seen servers that have different scoring through SSM, so it's possible. But it's unknown if those players are motivated by score anyway.

I remember a couple of players who did this in the past, but they are either not playing anymore or have a different style now.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Wednesday, 2018-07-04, 1:01 AM

XenanabDate: Friday, 2018-07-06, 3:35 PM | Message # 24
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Getting score for taking flags is important. Capturing enemy bases is part of the Battlefield Conquest mode experience and FHSW is still Battlefield at heart.
The other bad counterpoint to lame backcapping is lone score hunting to push the ego. Both are dumb and can diminish teamplay.

Agressively taking flags must be rewarded with score: If it's all camping and defending there is no reason to fight at all biggrin

Quote starking018 ()
Some have seen me waste my time along with the 1 hiding infantryman I eventually get, or entirely ignoring a particular camping-friendly flag (thus boring the camper to death) but still winning the round. I don't think that their little game is necessarily successful for them in any way, nor fun, therefore they can be convinced or compelled to give it up (they may give it up even without deliberately countering them).

Exactly this is the way to go if you ask me. A lot of maps give multiple flags as an objective to attack. If the enemy is sitting in cover on one place just go somewhere else. If that means that there will be lame backcapping like on Battle of Makin so be it (actually that's rarely a problem on this mod).

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » The greed for score destroys teamplay and fun (r) (a few words to think about...)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: