[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Solbodan 3 day ban (r)
Solbodan 3 day ban (r)
lrachowardDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 6:58 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Solbodan 3 day ban

entering axis main tobruck 

i warned them and told them if they did it again that i would ban them

hiding in the bushes near the mortars close enough for me to read yer tag, then you ran to the sandbags to my left, did you wonder who shot you?

after i warned you

this is not the 1st time i've seen you doing smaktard shit, but since you have just had a slap on the wrist,this is what you get.

warning to the rest of you, your smaktardness will get you nothing but longer and longer bans, so read the rules and stick to them

I am Watching
Attachments: 9597869.jpg (54.4 Kb)

aka Mutantz

LampoDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 9:18 PM | Message # 2
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
3 days for that ???? I little bit

exaggerated... blink

bubuDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 9:21 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Admins
Too much...

LampoDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 9:30 PM | Message # 4
Donator of 40€
I think a ban has to be decided by a rule and not by an admin subjective interpretation... 
Anyway, who am I to say that ???

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 11:25 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
In regarding that Slobodan is raping the rules for years now, 3 days is just ... sweet.

Slobodan is a really skilled player with many good and just unorthodox ideas, that often surprises, but! if he gets boring he is exploding in doing heavily stupid and shit things, like destroying own material, ramming and other ridicioulus things, well ... So far his behavior was tolerated anyhow but noone has to be bewildert if such actions are punished with a ban till now and even if a senior player behave like that (well for so many years Slobo is more a grandpa player broken ) he can expect a kill or a kick without warning (I did so on eagles nest yesterday, if I remember right, with Slobo, because he killed me in the building on the hill right in the basement allthough the flag at tunnel was axis, I call that precapping ). Well thats my opinion about that.

At last: For this particular situation I´m quite unsure if a ban or a warning is adequate, because I doubt that the mortar fortifications are part of the mainbase area. I think it should be allowed for allies to attack even if the mortar fire is overwhelming ... but wacko axis have spawnpoints at the mortar fortifications if I remember right.
So in which way shall we handle this situations in future?
Please comment here, thx

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

CanukAttakDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 1:57 AM | Message # 6
Captain
Group: Friends
Awards: 9
I agree that sometimes slobodan messes around. But the problem I have is I've been an admin on this server for 3 or more years now and only banned one person korsakov. I'm seeing to much bans by new admins wether it's permanent or temporary. Consult with other admins first.

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 6:47 AM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 45
Quote Canuk: "I agree that sometimes slobodan messes around. But the problem I have is I've been an admin on this server for 3 or more years now and only banned one person korsakov. I'm seeing to much bans by new admins wether it's permanent or temporary. Consult with other admins first."

Fully agree.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 6:55 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
- Too much bans and kicks = Path to oblivion = Return till we can

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 7:00 AM | Message # 9
General
@Bubu: exactly. We need our laissez faire attitude back here. This is just a game...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 7:18 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
That said: I believe we should stop concentrating on rules so much and we should start to play the game as we were used to. We had fun before, didn't we?

Ban and kick for cheating book  happy

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 10:47 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote CanukAttak ()
I'm seeing to much bans by new admins wether it's permanent or temporary

Can u count some examples please?

Added (2017-05-29, 9:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
The problem is that u can´t rely on honorfull and gentleman like behavior of all players. Quite a lot do, but there are allways some idiots that do not and that very few people can mess up the whole map with ramming, bailing out of planes to cap flaggs, make Kamikaze with planes or other vehicles, precapping pushmap flags in a chain that sometimes 2 flags are gone within seconds (very annoiying in addition, if they can´t be cap back ) attack uncaps on a pushmap and so on.
If anyone from u have children so far, knows from what I´m talking. It´s the job of the admins to teach the player what behavior is tolerated on our server and which not. In the anonymity of internet u don´t have to fear a slap in ur face if u show any kind of nasty behavior, but maybe a kick or ban at least. Some kind of players are acting like children, they test out the borders. If noone shows them the limitations, the chance grows that they become criminal during growing up.
So simple it is: if we have at last rules on our server, they have to be enforced. Otherwise delete all rules and let anarchy take place. But beware that there will be other players that will counter anarchy with anarchy and chaos will grow, I promise.
@ Marduk: if u don´t want to deal with enforcing rules (I know u don´t want to, from own experience) then let this job be done by ur admin fellows. No one can do everything. So for example there are admins they don´t have such a lucky hand with setting maps like u.
BTW what about a forum for admins to make conversation about topics similar like this and other?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 2:19 PM | Message # 12
General
Quote Robert: "@ Marduk: if u don´t want to deal with enforcing rules (I know u don´t want to, from own experience) then let this job be done by ur admin fellows. No one can do everything."

Thats nonsense. I also kick and ban if necessary. But I am completely against the new line of tough law-and-order that is tried to be enforced here.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 2:39 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
And why are you even bothering so much with kamikazes, ramming, bailing out of plane for flag, kami with other vehicles? Why?

Don't you have fun over it all? Do you have to kick and ruin someone else's fun/game/freedom in the game by forbidding all that is possible? It is stupid, yes, but it's a bloody game! We are not on a real battlefield!

We reached a point where we are without all these bloody rules and constant whining. Why? There was an aspect of freedom! Bans and kicks used to be for cheating people and not players who are enjoying the ramming or crashing etc.

"Don't rape main base" is a good rule, but raping means by constant attacking - imagine a new person attacking uncap or main base for first time. Tell him 3 times he should not do it, if he doesn't stop, then !kill him 3 times, problem solved and only then kick him. He/She has been warned. If old player does it? Do the bloody same! No difference! Ignore the comments, do your job if you want to do it! And if you are so bound and determined to enforce therules, then enforce them sensibly and reasonably, not with ego just because you are an admin. 3 days ban for "entering main base" - WHAT!? Are we PFC!? Bloody wake up people! If I were Slobodan, I wouldn't even return to the game! Why should I wait 3 days just to have fun!? What the hell!?

Also, stop restarting a map because 1 uncap is precapped just because someone starts to whine about it! Apache insulted me once again and I don't mind it but it certainly takes fun out of the game and rather adds hatred. Xena told us both to be silent. Why should I be when I am right? Restarting a whole map in the middle of it just because one player precapped a flag is non-sense. Apache is constantly whining and opening conflicts over the rules and as much as I tried to be friendly and tried to have no problem with it, it is sometimes over the edge and results into conflicts, which disrupt the game.

Moreover, when Bretta entered allied mainbase in Bougainville, a load of hatred dropped towards him - even I said "GTFO" - and now I am sorry for that! Instead of rule upholding it always turns into the fight of ego and admin has to always win. I have seen than, I have been there but I forgot to buy the T-Shirt so I can't give you the examples.

Year ago I rammed Harley Davidson bike on Remagen map to JT and we both blew up and got kills! And both I and player in JT laughed about it! We didn't start a long conflict to ban each other! happy Now!? I would be AFRAID to do that because I would get a note from admin, kick, ban, whatever. What is the point!?
Same happened in the same Bougainville map when I purposefully crashed my plane to Slobi's B17. We laughed at it first until Robert told me that it is 2nd time he sees me ramming. I said sorry but now I think I should have rather said "And what, it's a game".

You are looking for a JUSTICE in a GAME. GET IT? wacko  sad

Message edited by bubu - Monday, 2017-05-29, 10:56 PM

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 2:58 PM | Message # 14
General
Quote Bubu: "You are looking for a JUSTICE in a GAME. GET IT?"

1. I do not know what this is about at all. When I was a kid I once had a soccer match where the referee was giving the other team an advantage. In the break some of my fellows were complaining about it. Our trainer said:
"So the referee is biased, but you can't do something about it. You can only play better and fight harder." And so we did and we fukn won that match.

For me it is the same here. When I see players from the other team playing partially unfair (and it is not over the top so I would have to kick) I try to be smarter and fight better. I just accept the challenge. And this is what a game is about. The most of us here are grown up people, why don't you just accept the challenge?! Sorry, but that whole complaining is not reminding me to grown-ups.

2. FHSW is a very complexe game and it has many, many loopholes. You can not avoid all of them by rules and if you try you will fail like Don Quijote.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

lrachowardDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 5:40 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
He got 3 days because i warned him at least 3 times, if its something small it would of been 10 min or 24 hrs,but since he has been doing this kinda stuff i thought a harsher ban was needed because if you keep getting a slap on the wrist then you will never learn and you will keep doing it,if u get a 3 day ban then what are the odds of you doing it again?

aka Mutantz

LampoDate: Monday, 2017-05-29, 7:31 PM | Message # 16
Donator of 40€
I agree with le Bubi... we are playing for relaxing, if we play for an event ok, some kick is welcome but ban should be deserved only for cheaters... Yesterday I shot in main base... ( not on purpose, I was on MG pos. on the Siegfried Line Castle ) but I'm lucky and I killed "someone"... after 1 second " Lampo killed me in main base".... first time i did it, for the new rules enforcement I deserve a ban, kick, kill. But how many time I saw "some player" camping on grey flags... Never said anything, "some player" likes playing in that way. Mutanz, all my respect for your dedication but don't apply rules like a blind arbiter or on subjective point of view. Ban has to be decided by all admins and some old player too and we have to consider who is breacking a rule. Solobi ( mem ) never tkilled anyone on purpose, sometime destroys an arsenal because of a distracted driving, but he is also a fair player, good fellow, great flyer maker and so on... We, you admins have hard work, sometime you have to decide how is the better way to change some bad behavour, and you have few seconds to take the better decision... on game, excluding cheating, a kick or a kill IMHO are ok. Sandor changed his bad character with some advice ans, maybe, some kick, no bans... In that way you teach and our com doesn't loose players for an excessive punishment

All players here make their duty for a good place to play and for having fun
I thanks you all

cheers  beer

xxpollenzxxDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-30, 0:07 AM | Message # 17
Sergeant
Im agree with Lampi and Bubu. Sometimes I see people "screaming" that someone is on uncappable flag and I can easy see that is some newbie or some distracted fellow. I myself at the start, and even sometimes was on uncappable flags because the flags was captured too fast and I was using an AA or Gun or whatever and when realize I then have to take a car to run to the other flag or whatever, that situation is kind of weird, I mean, I was there because I was defending the area in the first place, and is not my fault that the enemy captured the flag without taking me out :/
And for example, the other day on Pasir someone was saying that someone was on uncappable, and I saw it and confirmed that was someone distracted. I told the buddy (was rafal_pl I think), and he came back to the other flag without problem and even put some mines in the way back to the flag to start the defense of the 2nd.

And talking about Apache, the other day also on Siegfrid Line I was firing the Tanks out of the German Main Base, and suddenly one from the inside start rocketing all over me, I instantly aimed and got him at the first shot. And even then, I asked if was that Legal (I mean, returning fire of someone on Main Base) trying to be polite. And Apache started to yell all over that I was firing main blablabla etc etc. I mean, come on :/

So, all in all. If you see someone doing some "illegal" but he is not doing any difference at all, just tell it, inform it, dont yell/kick/bann. If he is with a King Tiger in a Main killing all the enemies, vehicles, etc, while he is chatting "burn in hell you fuckers!!!!" of course, kill/kick smile

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-30, 0:29 AM | Message # 18
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
This is why we have rules so you can relax and have a fair game for all of us.
For example; soccer has referees equivalent to admin's on the server, they enforce the rules, so they won't be complete anarchy and chaos on the field. 

Another example;  policeman is here to protect you and enforce the law a.k.a. rules so you can live in comfort.

So without any referee on the soccer field there be just a fistfight on the field no game, no order, people get injured and people die we lose people.

Without a policeman enforcing the rules a.k.a. law there will be murder, theft, fear, and chaos no country.

Now on the server there will be base camping, rage quitting, no chances to getting out of your base Etc.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

CanukAttakDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-30, 8:47 AM | Message # 19
Captain
Group: Friends
Awards: 9
Rules are needed yes but cut the harsh penalties! We are a gentleman community always have been. When someone is breaking the rules warn him atleast twice then, either kill him, or if need be kick. But only after several attempts at warning him don't work. We all break the rules a bit so why not ban entire community. It still is a game. Personally I don't think new admins should have banning rights. Let them first prove themselves not to fellow admins but to the community that they are fair as well as being respected and known to the community. And with bans they should be discussed.

lrachowardDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-30, 9:37 AM | Message # 20
Lieutenant
Warnings and kicks seem to have had no effect in stopping these things from going on, hence the harsher punishment, and i totally support the restart after 1 person precapped, think about it, 1 person screwed all of you

now the admins cant see everything and ramming could be caused by lag spikes 

but we have been acccused of not enforcing the rules

if you want no rules on the server then i suggest you go rent yer own.

Attachments: 4393533.jpg (54.4 Kb)

aka Mutantz

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Solbodan 3 day ban (r)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: