[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Rafal afk in server (destroys balance) (Balance issues with rafal and other players)
Rafal afk in server (destroys balance)
GameplayerDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 9:08 AM | Message # 1
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
I have to bring this up. I have seen for years that rafal seems to join up in the server and he's afk for hours. Why he does this? Why joining in the server just to be afk and ruining team balance? We played foy on 6.7.2020 and we had 8 players (including him) 4 vs 3? Can we do something to this? it isn't fair for other team when they can't play with full balance. And he doesn't even listen when we try to talk to him in the all chat. He seems to play only when there is naval map or something (good).

thanks for reading.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

Message edited by Gameplayer - Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 9:09 AM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 9:48 AM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Hi gameplayer,
thanks for your post. It pisses me off too and I kick him and other long-term afk players whenever I see it. But I have no idea how to fix this when there is no admin on duty.
One thing that comes to my mind first is maybe increase smart team balance on remote manager which means that teams like 4 vs 6 are allowed and don't lead to enabling the teambalance. The downside would be that you have to rely on everybody willing to balance out teams themselfes and there might be players who refuse to.
Other suggestions please!?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

jeanstonezeDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 12:49 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 7
I can suggest two options in there: first is enabling vote for kicking players like it is on kabu (they never kick players with !kafk or  BFRM, instead they vote for kick) so people on server can do it by themselves; second is setting automatic kick for afk players like it is on SiMPLE server (however I don't know the technical side of this, probably need to ask simple admins), but also this won't kick players like Slobodan with his strange dance because for game he will be active

Jan Paul a.k.a. DALlDA

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 3:58 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Awards: 31
I'd support the vote kick too. It lets the vox populi decide.

lol lampo will love this

GameplayerDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 4:50 PM | Message # 5
Silver Donator
But for vote kick. Can we have a rule to use it only against afk's and rule breaking people? So the active players who play fair will not be punished? I would hate to be kicked out from game even when I am active.
Also it would be active only when admins are not around just like map vote?

Message edited by Gameplayer - Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 4:53 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 5:24 PM | Message # 6
General
@gameplayer: I share your concerns.
I'm against the vote kick. It opens the door for a majority kicking single players for all kinda reasons. It can not be controlled - you can not control it by making up another rule when there is no admin on duty who can enforce the rule.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Tuesday, 2020-07-07, 5:29 PM | Message # 7
Silver Donator
Yes you're right.. It will open doors for all kinds of kicks sad

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 5:59 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Both rafal_pl and slobodan should start the Brotherhood of afk clan because that's how many times they have been afk in game.
I agree that to enable the option to kick wouldn't resolve anything it would just introduce more problems.
However I agree that we should take action sooner now and just kick them in the beginning of a round if they do not show up as playing.
Because I've been very lenient in the past but I think it's time I become a little less lenient.
I was also thinking about another option, I don't exactly know how to accomplish this but I know on Different Battlefield 1942 servers some of them have a program active, which actively kicks afk players if they do not move or do anything.
How that exactly works I do not know but it would be very nice to have such a thing.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 6:15 PM | Message # 9
Captain
Awards: 5
Glad someone raised this gets on my tits too! its real game changer if its low player count.
e-3 it was mentioned further up if Slobodan is doing his afk dance the idle kick won't work and also if someone doesn't spawn won't work either.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 6:22 PM | Message # 10
General
Quote E-3: "However I agree that we should take action sooner now and just kick them in the beginning of a round if they do not show up as playing."

I agree. Lets kick them after 5 mins (min. 30).
Thing is, why I use to wait quite a long time before kick, that I have to justify kicks permanently. Even when I kicked Slobodan or rafal players kept asking me "Why did you kick him?" all the time or afterwards posted comments like "Poor rafal" and other shit. So I waited a little longer to be 120% sure they are afk...

Quote Major: " its real game changer if its low player count"

It can even be a game changer when it's 10 vs 10 if you have stacked teams already f.e.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Thursday, 2020-07-09, 8:02 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
Quote Gameplayer ()
Yes you're right.. It will open doors for all kinds of kicks
Hmm, true, didn't think about that :/

Quote marduk ()
I agree. Lets kick them after 5 mins (min. 30).
If admins are online, then sure.

Any ideas when no admins are online?
- voting - not favourable, possibly harmful
- background program - doesn't detect afk players of Slobi-dance type as others said

On the topic of background program: if it had detected Rafal's afk behaviour (spawn and then idle), we could use it to detect at least this behaviour and combine this with something else to limit Slobi-dance?

mardukDate: Thursday, 2020-07-09, 12:01 PM | Message # 12
General
Quote Mardik: "One thing that comes to my mind first is maybe increase smart team balance on remote manager which means that teams like 4 vs 6 are allowed and don't lead to enabling the teambalance. The downside would be that you have to rely on everybody willing to balance out teams themselfes and there might be players who refuse to."

This could do when admins are not online.
We could also talk to them and tell them if they do not stop it we will give them one week of ban to learn it ^^

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

waldhurzakDate: Saturday, 2020-07-11, 2:10 AM | Message # 13
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
damn

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-07-17, 7:37 AM | Message # 14
General
Quote Marduk: "Thing is, why I use to wait quite a long time before kick, that I have to
justify kicks permanently. Even when I kicked Slobodan or rafal players
kept asking me "Why did you kick him?" all the time or afterwards posted
comments like "Poor rafal" and other shit."

So this is how it still goes down when I kick somebody who has been destroying balance for over 15 mins.:

16.07.2020 22:15:44 : Player tRg 298a9943a7c14d4b67d3af2b762f004a [unknown]kicked by Marduk without a reason.
16.07.2020 22:15:44 : Client: Kick player tRg.
16.07.2020 22:15:46 : Server: Player tRg kicked.
16.07.2020 22:16:16 : # [Global][Se]E-3: kick  ?
16.07.2020 22:16:16 : # [Global]Gameplayer: why he got kicked?
16.07.2020 22:16:46 : #  [Global][FHSW]Marduk: DO U REMEMBER THAT FUCKING THREAD U OPENEND???

Would you guys just please think for one second the next time!? It's annoying. Thank you.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Friday, 2020-07-17, 10:35 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
I suggest this formal rule:
If player is AFK for 10min AND is breaking the balance, then direct kick, with no inter-admin communication required.

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-07-17, 10:44 AM | Message # 16
General
Quote Bubu: "I suggest this formal rule:
If player is AFK for 10min AND is breaking the balance, then direct kick, with no inter-admin communication required."

The problem is 10 mins can already be too late on quick maps... It's very difficult. We had this on Berlin streets yesterday. Axis had two afk so it was 4 vs. 6 and I realised too late and first kicked after 15 mins.  But yea, since I have no better idea lets make it 10 mins.
I definitely agree on the term "AND is breaking the balance" as a requirement for a kick. We already had somebody who asked for kicking everybody who was afk without spoiling the balance so...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

E-3Date: Friday, 2020-07-17, 6:12 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9

Would you guys just please think for one second the next time!? It's annoying. Thank you.

sorry marduk I didn't know he was afk because tRg. doesn't usually go afk for a long time, so when you kicked him it didn't fit lol. When it's rafal or slobodan then it never raise any eyebrows ^^ so next time I'll just not say anything. I think this also kind of has to do with that we are teamspeak users so being used to talking to people I probably didn't pay attention to the chat again.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Friday, 2020-07-17, 6:13 PM

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-07-17, 6:51 PM | Message # 18
General
I think we have found a rule now.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Saturday, 2020-07-18, 10:36 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Rafal, having an AFK player on the server doesn't really help anyone else. Are you doing it hoping that someone sees a higher player number and joins because of it? There are places where sometimes even 2 or 4 people can be fun and make a good impression (e.g. FHSW-Europe). And there are other places where no matter how high the participation numbers everything is fake, uncannily bad and makes the impression that it is made to attract only fools (not FHSW-Europe). So it's a bad reason to be AFK here.

And if you just want to let players know that you want to return later to play more, you can say so in chat, or something like that.

So, will you please stop being AFK for long on the server?
Quote E-3 ()
tRg. doesn't usually go afk for a long time
Not true, especially in the late hours.

@admins: Asking the player just once before kicking, or specifying a reason for the kick should obviously reduce questions afterwards. If asked, maybe the player can see it and quit or at least switch teams, or whatever.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-07-19, 7:55 AM | Message # 20
General
Quote starking: "@admins: Asking the player just once before kicking, or specifying a reason for the kick should obviously reduce questions afterwards. If asked, maybe the player can see it and quit or at least switch teams, or whatever."

Naa, we don't have to ask rafal or Slobodan anymore. It's too obvious when they are afk. And since they do it all the time being polite is the wrong thing here. Also tRg was afk for more than 15 mins, not playing, having 0 - 0 - 0 score. There is no reason to reassure in those cases.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Rafal afk in server (destroys balance) (Balance issues with rafal and other players)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: