[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Sugestions what should be modified on the current weapons ((r))
Sugestions what should be modified on the current weapons
Fritz-KempfDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-28, 11:03 PM | Message # 1
FHSW Wikia Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 12
Guy's, we have "add this to the next version" topic, we have a "bug report" topic. What you think about an "modified the current weapons" topic? Here, you can suggest to modified the current models. Name, model, weaponry etc..... I hope this is a good idea because i have some suggestions!

-> Improved King Tiger: add a range finder. How you can do, no idea. But when you use the scope, the range finder search the good elevation for the gun.
-> Maus: add a range finder
-> Tiger I Late (with the Nahverteidigungswaffe): modified the carriage and rename to Tiger Late. The first roadwheel is on the second road, while the second roadwheel is on the front row. Modified the mid production with a early tiger turret, tropical air filter, two head lights and smoke launchers on the turret and give it an desert camo. Name this as the Early and use it on Desert Maps. On Alaska, the Soviets use an Tiger tank. Replace the Balkenkreuz by the Red star.

[img]http://ww2drawings.jexiste.fr/Images/1-Vehicles/03-Heavy_Tanks/Panzer6_Tiger1/06-Tiger(Tp)/p1.jpg[/img]

-> Haunebu: modified this with a less powerfull gun and give it also an altetude.
-> Sherman Calliope: make the gun useful. Do like the Japanese tanks. Arrow up = Coax Machinegun. Arrow down = rocket launcher. Position 2 : commander and no rocket launcher.
-> Jagdtiger: Make a new Jagdtiger version with the 88mm KwK 43 gun.
-> Ferdinand: bring back the Elephant and give it an machinegun in the front wich can be use by the driver as coax gun.
-> Replace the gun from the M10 Wolverine by a modified 17 Pounder (with the weight) and name it 17pdr SP Achilles. Give it to the British.

Message edited by Fritz-Kempf - Wednesday, 2012-08-29, 0:12 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-29, 10:48 AM | Message # 2
General
Awards: 38
Hmm, I would prefer to keep it in one thread but here are my comments:

In RL the Calliope couldn't use its main gun while the launcher was installed, not sure about the coax MG though.

Quote (Fritz-Kempf)
Ferdinand: bring back the Elephant and give it an machinegun in the front wich can be use by the driver as coax gun.

There is an Elefant with MG in the game now, e. g. on Korsun Pocket.

I don't think that a range finder is possible to do in BF1942. I'm also not sure if it would change much because it's already pretty easy to hit something with these high velocity guns. There's almost no drop.

The other suggestions sound reasonable to me. smile

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Fritz-KempfDate: Thursday, 2012-08-30, 2:38 PM | Message # 3
FHSW Wikia Admin
Ok, i found the Elefant. But still i think it should be use by the driver as coax machiengun. About the rangefinder....its just nice to know you have a rangefinder. Also the model is little bit different. Because the turret have on both side (tiger 2 tanks) a bobble.

executionerDate: Thursday, 2012-08-30, 10:18 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 0
Quote (Fritz-Kempf)
Haunebu: modified this with a less powerfull gun

YOOHOO do you "know" what you are talking about?! dry

there's no need to modify the Haunebu flying disk with a less powerfull gun! dry

in a war time situation they didn't say that's powerful don't use it, they threw whatever they had got to the enemy! dry

it is not the Haunebu I that has only two weapons it is the Haunebu II that has lots of weapons! dry

it is a secret weapon of the Vergeltungswaffen V-7 project after all! dry

by the way it needs better 3d graphics than the existing ones! dry

Trolls (rare species from Trollhattan that are protected by UNESCO)
S.P.A.M. (super power affected membership)

Fritz-KempfDate: Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 5:30 PM | Message # 5
FHSW Wikia Admin
The 10.5 cm KwK 46 L/68 used another muzzle break. The muzzle break like the 128mm Pak.

Fritz-KempfDate: Thursday, 2012-10-18, 1:34 PM | Message # 6
FHSW Wikia Admin
It should be not able to fire with ships from under the water. When the gun is under the sea level, you can't use it anymore.

Fritz-KempfDate: Monday, 2012-11-19, 12:24 PM | Message # 7
FHSW Wikia Admin
In the previous version v0.42, i fouind this ship. No idea where anymore. It was the USS Jenkins. Im not a ship knower, but so far i know the number on the ship was the number they had. like DD-447. When i now watch this number, this ship is marked as the 555 and the number was given to the USS Haggard (DD-555) while Jenkins is DD-447. So, if im not wrong the number or texture on this ship is wrong?

Ok, it a Fletcher class. But yeah...

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 11:40 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
The smoke launchers are very nice and I had a very funny cat and mouse game with Slobo on bulge sometimes with me in the PII and him in a captured Jagdpanther.
But the time of smoking if u have launched the smokegreandes ist much too short. The are smoking only 7 seconds wacko ! That as not enough to turn the tank and hurry away it is nearly impossible to do anything sensefull in that short time. Perhaps 15 seconds are a good time?
In addition I think that the handling of the smokelaucher to trigger every single smoke grenade of, is not very usefull sad . Better make it hit the trigger once and all 6 grenades are fired.

The second thing is doing a bit maintenance in detail at the Tiger I superstrukture. Unfortunatly the Tiger I chain running gear system is incorrect. The back wheel is the guiding wheel and the front wheel is the traction wheel. On the modell it is either the same like the traktion wheel. I think it has never seen work since vanilla BF42 wacko . Because of the amazing work with so much love in detail from the FHSW team I would be really happy to see the overworked version of the Tiger I smile
Unfortunatly my PC is ill because of a virus and I´m not able to put the pics in here that shows the difference between original chain running gear and that one in game but I think everybody know what is meant? Or perhaps anyone else could do the job of posting the pics here.

So far, regards, der Eberhahn

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Fritz-KempfDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 5:36 PM | Message # 9
FHSW Wikia Admin
There should be also 3 Tigers.

Early Production -> for desert maps
Mid production -> for mid WW2 maps
Late Production -> for 1945 maps.

Easy to get those. Make one Tiger model and edit details. Here are the details from the production models.

Early Production

-> Roadwheels with rubber: from front to back: First row front, second row back), ....
-> Old commander cupola (without periscopes)
-> Two front lights (one the sides)
-> On both side of turret 3 smoke launchers
-> On the back two dust filters
-> Pistol ports on back
-> No Zimmerit

Mid oproduction model

-> Roadwheels with rubber: from front to back: First row front, second row back), ....
-> New commander cupola (with periscopes)
-> One front light (in the middle)
-> On both side of turret 3 smoke launchers are removed
-> On the back two dust filters are removed
-> Pistol ports on back
-> With Zimmerit Coast

Late production model

-> Steel roadwheels: from front to back: First row back, second row front), ....
-> New commander cupola (with periscopes)
-> One front light (in the middle)
-> On both side of turret 3 smoke launchers are removed
-> On the back two dust filters are removed
-> Pistol ports on back are replace by Nahverteidigungswaffe
-> With Zimmerit Coast

The Tiger is a very impressive tank, but not much people know the official production models.

Further, i have comment about the Coeliant. The Flakpanzer V have 3 variants. Coelian with 37mm guns, Super Coelian with 55mm guns and 88mm guns. The name should be Super Coelian and not Coerlian. Because on the Wiki we have the 37mm version as information, but it isn't the correct variant ingame.

Message edited by Fritz-Kempf - Saturday, 2012-12-29, 5:37 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2013-01-26, 11:35 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant General
A bit late but here is a picture of the ingame running chaingear of the Tiger 1

For the difference, check the pictures from Fritz Kempf above. The wheels also look very 2d dry and take attention at the difference between the rubber bandaged road wheels from the early version and the steel bandaged road wheels from the late type. Also very nice shown on the pictures posted by Fritz Kempf.

Another thing is the name of the weapons that are showed if u kill anyone . For example: if u kill anyone with the Nahverteidigungswaffe (close range defenseweapon) from a Kingtiger on the screen only apeared "xy killed anyone with Kingtiger" I think it would be a great fun to show the other players on witch way the enemy was slayed biggrin . For example with front MG, turret AA MG, coax MG, MP slot turret Tiger 1, Nahverteidigungswaffe Panther G and so on. Like the way it´s a great joke to kill anyone with a marker pistol laugh
Well it would be really a lot of work I think but I also think that it would be worth.

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Saturday, 2013-01-26, 11:41 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-29, 0:56 AM | Message # 11
General
Yeah sadly the Tiger is still the Vanilla model but I doubt that they will make a new one because of some historical inaccuracies.

The killmessage thing sounds good, these need an update anyway because they often show "killed" for handweapons.

My suggestion is to rearrange the seats on the South Dakota, it's a bit silly that seat 5&6 have only one Oerlikon cannon (1942 version) while seat 3&4 have all the other weapons. My idea is to make it similar to this:

Seat 7 means that it can't be reached through the numbers, you have to enter it manually. This would definitely make the currrently usless 5&6 more interesting for the players. It also looks better and more realistic if not every cannon on a ship is pointed at the same target.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-29, 10:12 PM | Message # 12
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
The killmessage thing sounds good, these need an update anyway because they often show "killed" for handweapons.

It occurs to stealth weapons only AFAIK.

Fritz-KempfDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 12:46 PM | Message # 13
FHSW Wikia Admin
Not only the Tiger can bether, but also other tanks like the Panzer IV Ausf F1 and Ausf F2. I have add the Ausf D in the Wikipedia, but i can't find this one back in the mod. Not on the test field.... maybe bring this one back for 1939 and 1940 maps in Europe and the F1 on the desert together with the Ausf F2. Im happy they modified the Ausf F2 muzzle break in FHSW.
Attachments: 5251050.jpg (111.3 Kb) · 2678284.jpg (109.8 Kb)

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 3:37 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant General
Oh yes!!! The panzer 4 have the same inaccuracy in detail in the running gear system like the Tiger!!! Bad sad . And zimmerit coating wasn´t usual in that wartimeperiod too!

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2013-02-21, 5:23 PM | Message # 15
General
Some good news, seems like FHSWman is working on it happy http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5892/tigerwheels.jpg

(I honestly find this more interesting than all Leopards in the world)

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2013-02-21, 9:25 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant General
Oh damn great!!! Big hug for FHSWman ok smile

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2013-02-21, 9:49 PM | Message # 17
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Yes this is kind of news that I would like to see more often. And yeah eYe, although the latest Leopard is a really really professional work, I started thinking that FHSW went wrong way lately. There are plenty of other various small things that haven't had changed themselves since the vanilla. It's like collecting super expensive sport cars and parking them in rusty garage.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 1:05 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant General
indeed, the same thoughts I have smile I think it´s better to do some work in small details and finetuning but to add more and more stuff that stretches the loading time more and more.
I see the amazing fantasting good job in the new Leopard and it´s sooo eyecandy and I´m really looking forward to test it out. And I also understand the love in creating the big stuff and use the own talent in doing that and show it to the audience. And their abilitys are really AMAZING respect !!!!
Well FHSWman and his crew will decide how they continue their way cool

Fritz-KempfDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 1:34 PM | Message # 19
FHSW Wikia Admin
Nice! I hope he will do furtther then that! That he make 3 production models. I should be happy with the Early version, realistic for Desert maps!

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2013-02-23, 0:08 AM | Message # 20
General
Yea don't get me wrong, FHSWman's models look amazing and easily match FH2's quality for example. I'm fine with the "standard" Leopard, it fits well into FHSW, but I don't know what his thinking was behind all these fantasy variants. I'm sad to see his abilities kind of wasted here.

But of course it's his mod and he should do what he enjoys most. I still like to play it although (like Khaine) I enjoyed the 0.4 release a bit more than 0.5.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Sugestions what should be modified on the current weapons ((r))
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: