[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Suggestions Thread Vol. II (m)
FHSW Suggestions Thread Vol. II (m)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 5:53 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Post your suggestions for future FHSW versions here, not only vehicles but also game mechanics and effects.

Rules

• Try to only suggest one or two things in one posting.
  • Explain why you suggest it, we have tons of vehicles (especially tanks) already keep that in mind.
  • Please no reposts of things which are already recorded in the list below

Posts which don't follow the rules may be deleted without comment.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    SimoHayhaDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 11:18 AM | Message # 41
    Colonel
    Group: Gold Donator
    Awards: 4
    Ive thought about surrender or taking prisoners, I also thought about having a POW camp map, where one team has no weapons and have to over power guards and escape!

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
    . . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    . ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████]
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 11:46 AM | Message # 42
    FHSW Wikia Admin
    Awards: 12
    Maybe your right, but i should do more like Stalingrad Red Square. A few have a weapon and the others not. Like the movie "Escape from Sobibor". They start with a few weapons stoolen from the German and Ukrainian guards and then they fight themself out. Maybe a map where you then can find a lot of TNT's and that they need to blow up the fence for escaping. Outside, there are woods and there they need to capture a flag or two (only taken by the Prisinors with Red Zone for Germans) and win the match (the flag can be use as German flag). No retaken flags etc... If i can still could do mapping and have all the tools and time, i should make this one.

Btw, maybe also nice. When i watch the FHE movie, they use the rifle to smash the enemy. Looks nice. But what i also early have suggest and also many others, is to use the wrench as tool. I suggested at Battlefield 1918, no idea here.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 2:41 PM | Message # 43
    Lieutenant General
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    We had that ironsides in our minimod in my FHW community, if FHSW could put it in in their game would be very nice!!!

Personally me, I´m not happy about all that posted stuff like partisans and prissoneer and so on. I think if devs should starting work on that topic a lot capacity will be lost to care for finetuning in existing material and gameplay ...

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 4:12 PM | Message # 44
    Colonel
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    I agree with Robert, the 3D sights would be awesome.
    And I also think making resistance fighters and especially prisoners would be weird and somehow unneeded. We are still talking about Battlefield 1942 FHSW?
    Please remember one important thing which was declared by the devs:

Current development policy of FHSW is like "less stress, more entertainment" rather than "realistic at all costs".

Source: Our 'did you know' - thread.

I have a suggestion for a new US navy plane: The SB2C Helldiver

Why? Sure it wasn't a good dive bomber but it was meant to replace the SBD Dauntless. On later war maps the US only have the avengers on their carriers which are not something I would call a dive bomber smile
    It would complete the carrier plane arsenal for the navy.

mayerDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 5:20 PM | Message # 45
    Admin
    Group: Recruit
    Awards: 15
    Quote Fritz-Kempf ()
    Mayer! In That movie..... The Flag! We should also have the Russian flags when we attack at Stalingrad! :P

And Berlin! Raise the red flag comrade!

Quote Fritz-Kempf ()
    But what i also early have suggest and also many others, is to use the wrench as tool

I don't quite get what you mean by that. The wrench is BF42 standard repair tool.
    Do you want the wrench to be a tool for contruction?

LieutenantCableDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 7:07 AM | Message # 46
    Lieutenant
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 0
    I would love to see resistance fighters.

Specifically though, I would like to see the Yugoslav partisans. Your opinions on these guys may vary, but they were the most effective resistance group of the war.

They could be as simple as a retexture of some Russian models, and they could use a mix of German, Russian, Italian, and British weapons, as they would obtain them from capturing or from Allied airdrops.

They even had their own air force (it was actually mostly British pilots who had volunteered). Here's a Hurricane in their colors.

And here's a captured Bf-109.

Some other pictures:

Partisan Tankers:

Female fighters:

I think you all get the idea now happy

They could make for an interesting map or two.

[EDIT]Sorry, Robert. I didn't see your last post.

cable flies a plane

Message edited by LieutenantCable - Monday, 2013-12-23, 7:10 AM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 9:51 AM | Message # 47
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 27
    I don't know whether it's possible or not, but I would like to suggest mortar system like one in Forgotten Hope 2:
    1). Scout spots a target
    2). Artillery receives coordinates, which are transformed into degrees, which is shown on the interface
    3). Gunner sets in such position that pointers are aimed to zero degrees both vertically and horizontlly
    4). Gunner has a view at the target from above in order to correct the position if needed.
    To illustrate this, here is the video:

I am suggesting it because in current vanilla system artillery request can be suddenly interrupted and, also, it can save a lot of time for artillery to correct fire.

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 11:58 AM | Message # 48
    General
    Awards: 38
    Honestly I like BF1942's system, it gives you a better overview and FH2's doesn't require any skill when you get a good spot.

Remember you can make "preview" shots with the heavy artillery in FHSW to predict the projectiles trajectory: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/34-221-1

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mayerDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 5:16 PM | Message # 49
    Admin
    Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    Remember you can make "preview" shots with the heavy artillery in FHSW to predict the projectiles trajectory: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/34-221-1

Great I didn't knew this trick smile

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 5:43 PM | Message # 50
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Quote mayer ()
    Great I didn't knew this trick smile

+1. Thanks for the tip!

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2013-12-23, 5:48 PM

Fritz-KempfDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 10:37 PM | Message # 51
    FHSW Wikia Admin
    Quote mayer ()
    I don't quite get what you mean by that. The wrench is BF42 standard repair tool.

There is a mod wich you can use the wrench as repair tool, but also as weaopon. Just right click and you mash.

mayerDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 11:00 PM | Message # 52
    Admin
    Quote Fritz-Kempf ()
    There is a mod wich you can use the wrench as repair tool, but also as weaopon. Just right click and you mash.

So you want it as weapon biggrin

Fritz-KempfDate: Tuesday, 2013-12-24, 3:59 PM | Message # 53
    FHSW Wikia Admin
    Quote mayer ()
    So you want it as weapon

Yes, as both.

mayerDate: Thursday, 2013-12-26, 6:36 PM | Message # 54
    Admin
    apropo resistance fighters in bf42.
    I found them in the mods norwegian resistance and fht.
    They play as regular factions but i think that the objectives in fht_dutch_resistance make more sense than conquest mode.
    Though i find the appearance in norwegianres. with civilian clothes more realistic.

dutch resistance in fhtmod

norwegian resistance

executionerDate: Thursday, 2013-12-26, 11:12 PM | Message # 55
    Sergeant
    Group: Blocked
    by the way to the Nakajima Kikka jet fighter the correct designation seems to be J8N and not J9Y

the letter N stands for Nakajima

Trolls (rare species from Trollhattan that are protected by UNESCO)
    S.P.A.M. (super power affected membership)

Message edited by executioner - Thursday, 2013-12-26, 11:13 PM

mayerDate: Thursday, 2013-12-26, 11:34 PM | Message # 56
    Admin
    Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    Rules:

• Try to only suggest one or two things in one posting.
  • Explain why you suggest it, we have tons of vehicles (especially tanks) already keep that in mind.
  •  
    RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2013-12-27, 3:30 PM | Message # 57
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    M1895 Nagant revolver

It was widely used in Red Army by officers and tank crews, since TT33 wasn't suited for shooting from the tank (unlike German P38).
    ->It seems odd to me that Soviet tanker kit has TT33. Also, Nagant could be placed in Officer kit.
    ->Totally of about 2 000 000 were produced (including 700 000 from 1932 to 1941 and 370 000 from 1942 to 1945).
    ->Used by Finland, Poland and Norwegian resistance, so I think it can be used on many maps.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2013-12-27, 3:35 PM

executionerDate: Friday, 2013-12-27, 10:36 PM | Message # 58
    Sergeant
    Group: Blocked
    to the list change the title of fake tanks to proposal tanks

the Klementi Vorochilov KV-6 Behemoth was not considered "fake" tank because in 1941 the Russians had made two prototypes, the first exploded because one turret hit the other turret and the second crashed in a river

by the way the Astron tank of 1945, the Movable Maginot tank of 1940, the Panzer IX of 1944 and the Panzer X of 1944 were proposals too

Trolls (rare species from Trollhattan that are protected by UNESCO)
    S.P.A.M. (super power affected membership)

mayerDate: Saturday, 2013-12-28, 1:54 AM | Message # 59
    Admin
    Quote executioner ()
    to the list change the title of fake tanks to proposal tanks

No, that would be wrong because they weren't proposed designs

Quote executioner ()
    the Klementi Vorochilov KV-6 Behemoth was not considered "fake" tank

It's a joke, a modeller named Brian Fowler build it a few years ago by putting several sets together and VonBrrr from deviantART made the diagramm which looks like a magazine article. The "historical picture" of it is actually a simple photoshop of a photo with a column of t-28s making it look like they share a large chassis

Quote executioner ()
    in 1941 the Russians had made two prototypes, the first exploded because one turret hit the other turret and the second crashed in a river
    yea and one tank overturned at the defense of Leningrad because the chassis couldn't handle the shock wave and Stalin personally said the tank doesn't need to turn because it just has to drive straight to Berlin... rolleyes grow up everything about it is a fairy tale

the real KV-6 was a KV-1 mod. 1940 with ATO-41 flamethrower, 3 were made and lost in action

Quote executioner ()
    Movable Maginot tank of 1940

this is an artist perception of a driving landbattleship from the ww2 pamphlet "The Brains to Win"
    it's not much different from the various other post-ww1 comics about the futures of warfare
    When somebody draws a picture of his imagination of futuristic weapons it is fiction and doesn't turn into a blueprint submitted to army office.
    otherwise i would have to treat the Enterprise from Star Trek as cold war proposal for a US spaceship

Quote executioner ()
    the Panzer IX of 1944 and the Panzer X of 1944 were proposals too

No, those were drawings by an artist published in the Wehrmacht Signal magazine (issue 3/44) to deceive allied intelligence and raise moral of the troops, in 1944 the german industry was unable to develop and build tanks with such rounded armour

Quote executioner ()
    Astron tank of 1945

all i found was a reference to one source which isn't available at the internet and all images floating around are from artists and i haven't seen an actual blueprint. But i give you that, from the information i got it seems like a proposal for a heavy semi-trailer tank was really sent to the Armored Medical Research Laboratory. I add it as Brackett's proposal with this image

Fritz-KempfDate: Monday, 2014-01-06, 11:08 PM | Message # 60
    FHSW Wikia Admin
    What i could not understand is the Japanese Type 96 LMG. It had a bayonet on it but you can not use it.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Suggestions Thread Vol. II (m)
    Search: