[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Strasbourg map conversion
Strasbourg map conversion
hakansprayDate: Tuesday, 2020-12-29, 3:16 PM | Message # 21
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
Since the Free French army used american uniforms at this time I made a crude skin for the french soldier. Since the models for the US and french soldiers are not identical the belt had to be raised and the collar closed. I wonder if I should add an arm patch or details on the collar?
I also added a french flag to the american helmet for the potential pick up kits since the french kits by default have the adrian or officer cap.
Attachments: 3192928.jpg (187.9 Kb) · 5995806.jpg (131.0 Kb) · 3310736.jpg (101.9 Kb) · 7564362.jpg (42.1 Kb)

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

Message edited by hakanspray - Tuesday, 2020-12-29, 4:19 PM

mambabf42Date: Tuesday, 2020-12-29, 7:17 PM | Message # 22
Sergeant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
Perfect, thanks hakanspray and bubu! I’ll add the list of items on bubu’s post. When you say bayonets for all kits, it’s both teams right? 

hakanspray, could you send me the DDS files for the soldier skins you made please? Thanks.

hakansprayDate: Tuesday, 2020-12-29, 7:29 PM | Message # 23
Sergeant
Here are the soldiers skins I made different versions of the collar but I think i like the "Lorraine Cross" the most since it is the symbol of 2nd armoured and an iconic french symbol in general, though I'm not sure it's historical for it to be there. The "92" is basically the collar found on the original uniform.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkcOC5e0ATAMlluUFDI3aCNHswut?e=Js5fiW

I forgot to add the ahelm but I hope it's there now.

-edit-
I've added the french uniform with the american belt and straps. This texture is cleaner imo compared to the first one I've made. If you want to use it remove the "pol_bottom.dds" as it is no longer neccesary. Though at first I though it could be secondary skin as there are maps with four different uniform textures applied at random, though I do not know how to make it work so I digress.

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

Message edited by hakanspray - Wednesday, 2020-12-30, 9:08 PM

mambabf42Date: Wednesday, 2020-12-30, 5:34 AM | Message # 24
Sergeant
Thanks!

mambabf42Date: Thursday, 2020-12-31, 3:02 AM | Message # 25
Sergeant
Change of plans, I won’t have the time to implement the changes. Someone else can do it I guess.

Mamba

bubuDate: Thursday, 2020-12-31, 6:51 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Quote mambabf42 ()
When you say bayonets for all kits, it’s both teams right
That's correct smile
Love the french officer helmet + US uniform! biggrin

hakansprayDate: Sunday, 2021-01-03, 7:54 PM | Message # 27
Sergeant
bubu, I've done most of the changes requested since ed42 stopped saving correctly I couldn't do add more vehicles then I have done.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkcOC5e0ATAMlmkryNXp2p8jUeEf?e=u3sqSW

Though one might have to redo this whole process to avoid ed42 crashes and add more vehicles to the french side after they've captured the city since most of their vehicles are very far away.

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

Message edited by hakanspray - Sunday, 2021-01-03, 9:36 PM

bubuDate: Saturday, 2021-01-09, 12:04 PM | Message # 28
Colonel
Woooooooooo thanks Hawken! 
I am putting it on test server now, will check what made it in and what not smile

hakansprayDate: Saturday, 2021-01-09, 1:46 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
Damn, it didn't work at all in multiplayer since I crashed after loading the map for a while when trying to join the test server. Frustrating how hard map-making is since it worked on LAN.

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

Message edited by hakanspray - Saturday, 2021-01-09, 1:54 PM

bubuDate: Saturday, 2021-01-09, 7:20 PM | Message # 30
Colonel
Hmm I managed to join without any issues. Maybe you have outdated version in your files?

But I noticed none of the vehicles was added/replaced apart from Hanomag at little farm being replaced with pnz4 ?

mambabf42Date: Tuesday, 2021-01-12, 2:04 AM | Message # 31
Sergeant
Quote hakanspray ()
Damn, it didn't work at all in multiplayer since I crashed after loading the map for a while when trying to join the test server. Frustrating how hard map-making is since it worked on LAN.

There is a mismatch between the version of Strasbourg you created and the files on the server. If I recall correctly the test server I uploaded the initial versions of the map to had the main map file (liberation_of_strasbourg.rfa) and a patch I made (liberation_of_strasbourg_001.rfa).

I would suggest adding all the changes in bubu's earlier post in a separate patch file, such as liberation_of_strasbourg_002.rfa. Upload the patch file to the server with the two other files (liberation_of_strasbourg.rfa and liberation_of_strasbourg_001.rfa, the links for them are in this topic), and then it won't crash anymore.

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2021-01-12, 7:24 PM | Message # 32
Colonel
Ah, so your file Hawken, should be SSM, with 002.rfa?

Edit: Yes, it worked. You guys did it! yahoo Very nice!
Last edit would be to remove the Pnz4H by the farm house or 1 of the panthers BUT let's leave that after we play this map on server with people so we will see how balanced it is smile With artillery and zooks it seems pretty balanced.

So thanks for doing this and it is another map coming to the mappack smile

mambabf42Date: Friday, 2021-01-15, 7:12 PM | Message # 33
Sergeant
Many thanks to all who worked on the map. It's really appreciated. I can't wait to test the map with other players online.

Is there any event planned to test this map with a large volume of players? I'd like to join the event.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Strasbourg map conversion
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: