[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-01-11, 5:19 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
A Day of Zitadelle
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

Air Raid Alert Kure
  • replaced Ise with Oyodo (Ise causes crash)
  • removed japanese repair ship so the objective fleet units do not get repaired on their own any longer
  • moved Allied airplanes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • removed auto resupply of B29

Alpenfestung
  • removed 20 landvehicles to reduce disconnects and lag
  • moved 203 mm howitzer to Axis airfield
  • killercage size reduced from 25 m to 5 m
  • increased time to capture a flag

Arctic Convoy Mod
  • removed 1 supply ship

Arnhem
  • Removed: Panthers, JagdPanther, Panzer IV Ausf. H, StuG 3G, one of two Tigers
  • Removed: Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad. Reason: decreasing the probability of the most northern flag back capping at the beginning of a game
  • Added: SturmTiger - it doesn't get spawned immediately at the beginning of a round, you need to wait a few minutes for it to appear; it DOESN'T GET RESPAWNED once destroyed!
  • Added: Brummbar and second Puma
  • Added: One Sdkfz.251 and one SdKfz251/9 Stummel as the replacement of Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad
  • Changed: Slightly increased respawn time of vehicles
  • Changed: Initial spawn time of the Tiger was delayed by few minutes
  • PIAT ammo changed from 2 to 4
  • all 6 pounders are mobile

Battle of Bougainville
  • lowered objective HP of Allied airfields

Battle of Britain
  • removed spawnpoints at Allied airfields

Battle of Gela
  • North flag caged
  • Beach flag cannot be recaptured by Axis team

Battle of Stalingrad
  • replaced MG Stuka with bomb Stuka

Berlin Outskirts
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)
  • replaced Maus with Elephant

Battle of Angaur
  • replaced Lion with Jenkins (Fletcher class destroyer)
  • the additional Japanese spawn point in the woods (south of flag 5) gets removed when Allies take the last flag
  • removed Japanese spawn APC
  • Aircraft carrier immobilized
  • replaced LST-1 with 2x LCT Mk 5 because it's bugged and causes lags

Bombing the Reich
  • lowered objective HP from 260.000 to 100.000

Desert Rose
  • Ark Royal spawns at the start to lock it for the Germans

El Alamein
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber
  • removed 2 fighter spawns for each side
  • increased plane respawn times
  • South flag in German possession at round start

Falaise pocket
  • Added: The southernmost flag was caged to avoid back-capping
  • Changed: Reduced the quantity of tanks

Fall Weiss
  • Added: Polish airfield flag was caged to avoid back-capping

FHT Hongkong
  • ticket bleed altered: Japanese bleed as long GB holds 3 flags

FHT Pasir Panjang
  • reduced pushcage size at rice field flag

Gazala
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber

Guadalcanal
  • fixed a bug which made the Japanese cruiser Agano not spawn, now spawns when Allies take the village flag because the Allied cruiser also only spawns when the Japanese take that flag
  • "Bloody Ridge" flag in US possession/"Village" flag in Japanese possession at round start

Ilomantsi
  • moved flag 4 to its original (pre 0.55) position for balance reasons

Invasion of the Philippines
  • Japanese airplanes don't respawn when US takes the last flag

Iwo Jima (vanilla)
  • Removed: All air counter spawns

Kharkov Winter
  • East flag in German possession at round start

Midway
  • increased submarine respawn time

Omaha Beach Charlie Sector
  • removed FT-17s

Operation Hailstone
  • increased respawn time of Allied carrier aircraft
  • removed repair ability of Japanese supply ships

Operation Kikusui Day 1
  • removed all Japanese ships except Yamato

Operation Kikusui Day 2
  • moved US ships and planes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • replaced HMS Lion with a second USS South Dakota (Lion causes crash)

Operation Rattrap
  • nerfed 50 lbs charge so it doesn't destroy all turrets of the Ratte with one blow

Operation Spring Awakening
  • removed 1 flag
  • replaced ISU 122 with SU-122P
  • reduced ticket bleed

Ramelle Neuville
  • Added: additional sandbag walls on the stone bridge to halt the German tanks. These go vanished as soon as both of "1st" flags get captured by Germans.

Reichsbahn
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)

Road to Ramelle
  • fixed a bug related to Radio B25 and Radio Stuka

Rheinubung
  • Battleships, Carrier: 4:55 - 5:05 min respawn time
  • Cruisers (Hood, Eugen): 3:50 - 4:00 min respawn time
  • Repair ships: 3:50 - 4:10 min respawn time
  • Destroyers: (Lance & Laforey) 1:30 min respawn time;
  • U-bots: 0:45 min respawn time
  • Removed Ju-88
  • He111-H-11 replaced with He111-Z Zwilling

Salerno
  • north and south flag cannot be recapped

Seelow Heights
  • reduced pushcage size

Spurning Fate Day
  • replaced one SU-76 with ZSU 37

Stalingrad Red Square
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

The Forgotten Jungle
  • Allies have to cap beach flag first, all others are caged

The Storm
  • replaced T34 with T-34_1942

Tobruk
  • removed one Stuka
  • Stuka respawn time increased

Tulagi Island
  • North flag removed

Warsaw Uprising
  • Manholes no longer respawn
  • removed Panther and 14TP

Old thread: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-44-13

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 10:17 PM | Message # 61
    General
    AxiskillerObject5m constantly loses HP. As long as team X holds the flag the cage is linked to it respawns right away. If team X loses this flag it doesn't respawn making whatever is within AxiskillerObject5m accessible, usually another flag.

AxiskillerCage5m has to be removed manually with a "killercage-killer". That's what I think at least, I haven't worked too much with the pushmap system yet.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-02-11, 10:43 PM | Message # 62
    General
    Awards: 45
    @Endless, Mr J: Regarding the AxiskillerCage5m: Wouldn't it be a solution to put sandbags in a 5 m radius around the flag so one cannot take it by sitting in a tank but only while leaving the tank and getting in the 5 m circle? Than you do not have destroyed buggy tanks there for the rest of the round.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2015-02-12, 2:22 PM | Message # 63
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 27
    I suggest to add pushcage to the last flag on the Juno Beach to avoid backcapping, since when it happens, Allies get access to German armour, while Germans can't use Allied equipment, so it turns into spawnraping.

Quote starking018 ()
    I would like to request the addition of BT7 tanks on many soviet maps. There used to be server-side mods that did this for many maps, but not anymore. Now I don't exactly remember which of these maps originally had a BT7, but I would like to have quickly respawning and/or multiple BT7 tanks on these maps, if they don't have them already:

A day of Zitadelle
    Alaska
    Battle at river Don
    Battle Of Orel
    Battle Of Valirisk
    Earned in Blood
    Iron Monster
    Kharkov Outskirts
    Kharkov Winter
    Operation Spring Awakening
    Prokhorovka
    Spurning Fate
    Suomussalmi
    The Great Pursuit
    The Storm
    Transcarpathia

I thinks this only make sense for pre-1943 maps, as most part of BT-7's was lost by that time, though some were still on Leningrad front and for training purposes, and for Manchuria maps.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Thursday, 2015-02-12, 2:22 PM

crazygameloverDate: Thursday, 2015-02-12, 9:02 PM | Message # 64
    Colonel
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 13
    Could you also add a Sturmtiger to one of the Ardenne Offensive maps? I don't care which one (but not Foy, that's mostly an infantry map). I think it would be historically accurate since according to Wikipedia they did see combat in late 1944 on the Western front.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2015-02-12, 9:44 PM | Message # 65
    General
    Quote marduk ()
    @Endless, Mr J: Regarding the AxiskillerCage5m: Wouldn't it be a solution to put sandbags in a 5 m radius around the flag so one cannot take it by sitting in a tank but only while leaving the tank and getting in the 5 m circle? Than you do not have destroyed buggy tanks there for the rest of the round.

Interesting idea.

Quote crazygamelover ()
    Could you also add a Sturmtiger to one of the Ardenne Offensive maps? I don't care which one (but not Foy, that's mostly an infantry map). I think it would be historically accurate since according to Wikipedia they did see combat in late 1944 on the Western front

On Nordwind is one I think. Not really Ardennes but it's the same front, year and it's also snowy.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2015-02-13, 2:37 AM | Message # 66
    Colonel
    Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    On Nordwind is one I think. Not really Ardennes but it's the same front, year and it's also snowy.
    Yes I found it, thanks smile I should have checked before I made that post

mardukDate: Friday, 2015-02-13, 1:03 PM | Message # 67
    General

@Endless, Mr J: Regarding the AxiskillerCage5m: Wouldn't it be a solution to put sandbags in a 5 m radius around the flag so one cannot take it by
    sitting in a tank but only while leaving the tank and getting in the 5 m circle? Than you do not have destroyed buggy tanks there for the rest of the round.

Interesting idea.

It's the same thing as on Stalingrad Redsquare where you can only take the flag when you go in the sandbag circle around the flag.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2015-02-16, 8:02 PM | Message # 68
    General
    Server crashed yesterday on Kikusui Day 2. But it wasn't because of my changes. Turns out the Lion on this map is bugged (too many network infos), the easiest fix would be to replace it with a second South Dakota.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-02-21, 7:13 PM | Message # 69
    Colonel
    Were you ever able to fix Bougainville? Appearantly it still crashes the server and I it's not in the map rotation, but the PrinceUmeboshi server can run it without problems.

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-02-21, 7:56 PM | Message # 70
    General
    No because I don't know what caused the crashes. There's also no update available on the PrinceUmeboshi homepage.

We haven't tested this map on the new server though, might be worth a try.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

starking018Date: Sunday, 2015-02-22, 10:36 PM | Message # 71
    Colonel
    Group: Friends
    Awards: 22
    I think that in general push mode is undesirable for this game and should be avoided.

Most maps represent a single tactical engagement within a single battle, not even a whole battle. The maps represent a short period of time and are played for a extremely short period of time (half an hour). Push mode would make sense for something which takes place over an area so large, and takes so much time, that issues such as supply lines would have to be accounted for somehow. Only then would it make sense to add such arcade mechanisms as push mode so as to represent the fact that you just can't fight forever without sufficient supplies. But for what the maps in this game actually are - there is no rational reason why you should be forbidden to capture positions behind the front line. What else do you think a push system would represent, other than the need for a supply route? Battle orders coming straight from God? "Rules of engagement"? This is ridiculous.

The thing is that it is generally harder to take a back flag than it is for the other team to retake that flag. That's why in many cases it is not even worth it to attempt to capture back flags, but in many other cases it is not only worth it, it is the smart thing to do. You see - if you think of an actual battle or of a map that does not have push system - often there is a lack of backcapping because it is extremely hard or useless tactically, NOT because there are some other reasons why it would be impossible. So there can't and won't be constant backcapping on every map (e.g. Apennines), but a player should have that option if he/she decides that it is worth it and is able to pull it off.

The push system could even be removed from most maps, and yes, it would completely change the gameplay for many of them, and it may require other changes (e.g. disabled parachutes, longer times to capture flags, etc.), but the maps would still be as fun or even more fun to play. I would imagine that maybe you want to have some push maps for those times when there are too few players and you would want to have only one area to fight in. But other than this use case I don't see much else that push mode is good for. I don't propose to remove the push system from every map, but please, at least don't add new restrictions of this sort on maps that don't currently have them. That would also save you a lot of headaches that arise from having the push system.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2015-02-24, 8:37 PM | Message # 72
    General
    As you've mentioned a major reason is it makes big maps playable for 20 players which otherwise would just be running in circles for 30 minutes.

Quote starking018 ()
    What else do you think a push system would represent, other than the need for a supply route? Battle orders coming straight from God? "Rules of engagement"?

Battle Orders from the higher command maybe? idk Without pusmap system every tank drives off in a different direction which also is not representing history/RL. I like when both teams are focused on one or two flags sometimes you can even see little fronts forming, feels like you're part of something bigger. Of course I also like maps which give you the freedom of choice which flag you want to attack, e. g. Kharkov Outskirts.

Quote starking018 ()
    The thing is that it is generally harder to take a back flag than it is for the other team to retake that flag. That's why in many cases it is not even worth it to attempt to capture back flags, but in many other cases it is not only worth it, it is the smart thing to do. You see - if you think of an actual battle or of a map that does not have push system - often there is a lack of backcapping because it is extremely hard or useless tactically, NOT because there are some other reasons why it would be impossible. So there can't and won't be constant backcapping on every map (e.g. Apennines), but a player should have that option if he/she decides that it is worth it and is able to pull it off.

I agree to some extent, caging Gela was not really necessary imo because Italy still has a mainbase and they receive extra tanks when Allies take the last flag. But on maps with a capturable "main" like Fall Weiß it is kind of needed, some people took the Stuka at round start just to cap that flag. Since everything Poland has spawns there and they can't defend 3 fronts at once (with 20 players) it makes sense to cage it so that the map isn't over after 5 minutes. Removing para sounds also like an idea which could be tried, idk what MrJ has to say about that.

Apennines is not really a great map imo, it's just a long bottleneck with no tactical options. Pushmap system isn't really necessary there I agree. On some maps this head-on combat works (Great Pursuit) but I don't feel it on Apennines. Maybe also caused by the terrain which is fairly boring.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-02-25, 8:51 PM | Message # 73
    General
    Please remove the pushmap-cage from the last flag on Gela. It crashed the map today, we had to switch map and lost 30% of the players due to that.
    Please teamlock axis tanks on Gela. It sucks when allies take them and use them against axis team.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-02-28, 11:13 AM | Message # 74
    General
    Hmm I couldn't find a ssm for Gela, maybe MrJ removed it already. But I haven't seen him in a while.

A lot of the Axis tanks are spawned when Allies take a flag, teamlocking these vehicles is not possible in BF1942.

Battle of the Bulge
    Major overhaul, I'm trying to shift away from the "World of Tanks"-feeling a bit and get back the "Battlefield/Teamplay"-feeling so I reduced the amount of tanks a lot. In return I added APCs and more infantry kits. Just a first quick test, it probably needs more fine-tuning.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

XenanabDate: Monday, 2015-03-02, 7:51 PM | Message # 75
    Colonel
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    Nice work on the Kikusui day 2 changes!

Ocean Town -
    As discussed in this thread the team lock on all PT boats ("Torpedoboot" template) should be removed due to dynamic changes on flag control points and the necessity to have something to combat the enemy destroyer.

By the way, thanks for putting this map up on the server ^^

Fritz-KempfDate: Wednesday, 2015-03-04, 3:10 PM | Message # 76
    FHSW Wikia Admin
    Awards: 12
    Alpenfestung: Is it possible to move the 20.3 cm Haubitze 503/5® battery to the airfield? Because this battery stands at flag 3 and spawn when flag 2 is captured. Then it is to late to use the gun. The distance between the gun and flag 2 is to short for this gun. There are a lot of weapons on this map that you can not use because they spawn to late and one of them is this one. So i think it is bether to move this battery to the airfield, somewhere at the east side of the airfield, and that you can used it since the start of the game or when flag 2 is captured.

I think it is also bether to give each German gun on the side of the flag (the guns in the hils) a spawnplace that you can choose. Because when you want to spawn at the side of the map, it is a random spawn. Therefore in think it is bether that you can choose wich gun you want to take. Example: i want a Pak 42 and i need it fast because the Americans are moving with heavy shit. But i spawn at the Panzer IV ausf F gun. So i need to walk from that terrible gun to my Pak 42 and lose a lot of time. Sometimes is to late.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-03-04, 6:09 PM | Message # 77
    General

Fritz-Kempf: "Alpenfestung: Is it possible to move the 20.3 cm Haubitze 503/5® battery to the airfield? Because this battery stands at flag 3 and spawn when flag 2 is captured. Then it is to late to use the gun. The distance between the gun and flag 2 is to short for this gun. There are a lot of weapons on this map that you can not use because they spawn to late and one of them is this one. So i think it is bether to move this battery to the airfield, somewhere at the east side of the airfield, and that you can used it since the start of the game or when flag 2 is captured."

Good idea! I completely support that.

"I think it is also bether to give each German gun on the side of the flag (the guns in the hils) a spawnplace that you can choose. Because when you want to spawn at the side of the map, it is a random spawn. Therefore in think it is bether that you can choose wich gun you want to take. Example: i want a Pak 42 and i need it fast because the Americans are moving with heavy shit. But i spawn at the Panzer IV ausf F gun. So i need to walk from that terrible gun to my Pak 42 and lose a lot of time. Sometimes is to late."

A good improvement for the random spawns. Also, I suggest to remove some of the useless spawns (like the mortar battery in the trench that cannot hit any target).

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2015-03-06, 8:11 PM | Message # 78
    General
    I will move the artillery battery when I find some time. The spawn thing is a bit trickier though because there's only a fixed amount of unique spawn points available.

Quote Xenanab ()
    Ocean Town -
    As discussed in this thread the team lock on all PT boats ("Torpedoboot" template) should be removed due to dynamic changes on flag control points and the necessity to have something to combat the enemy destroyer.

done.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Friday, 2015-03-13, 10:14 PM | Message # 79
    General
    Unfortunately I had to remove "Operation Kikusi Day 2" from the mapcircle because it disconnected half of the players from the map. Starting with 22, I changed the map when there were 13 players left. Pointless to play this sad

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-03-14, 9:14 AM | Message # 80
    General
    Hmm I'm not convinced, last time we played it with 20 ppl no problem.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
    Search: