[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-01-11, 5:19 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
A Day of Zitadelle
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

Air Raid Alert Kure
  • replaced Ise with Oyodo (Ise causes crash)
  • removed japanese repair ship so the objective fleet units do not get repaired on their own any longer
  • moved Allied airplanes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • removed auto resupply of B29

Alpenfestung
  • removed 20 landvehicles to reduce disconnects and lag
  • moved 203 mm howitzer to Axis airfield
  • killercage size reduced from 25 m to 5 m
  • increased time to capture a flag

Arctic Convoy Mod
  • removed 1 supply ship

Arnhem
  • Removed: Panthers, JagdPanther, Panzer IV Ausf. H, StuG 3G, one of two Tigers
  • Removed: Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad. Reason: decreasing the probability of the most northern flag back capping at the beginning of a game
  • Added: SturmTiger - it doesn't get spawned immediately at the beginning of a round, you need to wait a few minutes for it to appear; it DOESN'T GET RESPAWNED once destroyed!
  • Added: Brummbar and second Puma
  • Added: One Sdkfz.251 and one SdKfz251/9 Stummel as the replacement of Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad
  • Changed: Slightly increased respawn time of vehicles
  • Changed: Initial spawn time of the Tiger was delayed by few minutes
  • PIAT ammo changed from 2 to 4
  • all 6 pounders are mobile

Battle of Bougainville
  • lowered objective HP of Allied airfields

Battle of Britain
  • removed spawnpoints at Allied airfields

Battle of Gela
  • North flag caged
  • Beach flag cannot be recaptured by Axis team

Battle of Stalingrad
  • replaced MG Stuka with bomb Stuka

Berlin Outskirts
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)
  • replaced Maus with Elephant

Battle of Angaur
  • replaced Lion with Jenkins (Fletcher class destroyer)
  • the additional Japanese spawn point in the woods (south of flag 5) gets removed when Allies take the last flag
  • removed Japanese spawn APC
  • Aircraft carrier immobilized
  • replaced LST-1 with 2x LCT Mk 5 because it's bugged and causes lags

Bombing the Reich
  • lowered objective HP from 260.000 to 100.000

Desert Rose
  • Ark Royal spawns at the start to lock it for the Germans

El Alamein
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber
  • removed 2 fighter spawns for each side
  • increased plane respawn times
  • South flag in German possession at round start

Falaise pocket
  • Added: The southernmost flag was caged to avoid back-capping
  • Changed: Reduced the quantity of tanks

Fall Weiss
  • Added: Polish airfield flag was caged to avoid back-capping

FHT Hongkong
  • ticket bleed altered: Japanese bleed as long GB holds 3 flags

FHT Pasir Panjang
  • reduced pushcage size at rice field flag

Gazala
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber

Guadalcanal
  • fixed a bug which made the Japanese cruiser Agano not spawn, now spawns when Allies take the village flag because the Allied cruiser also only spawns when the Japanese take that flag
  • "Bloody Ridge" flag in US possession/"Village" flag in Japanese possession at round start

Ilomantsi
  • moved flag 4 to its original (pre 0.55) position for balance reasons

Invasion of the Philippines
  • Japanese airplanes don't respawn when US takes the last flag

Iwo Jima (vanilla)
  • Removed: All air counter spawns

Kharkov Winter
  • East flag in German possession at round start

Midway
  • increased submarine respawn time

Omaha Beach Charlie Sector
  • removed FT-17s

Operation Hailstone
  • increased respawn time of Allied carrier aircraft
  • removed repair ability of Japanese supply ships

Operation Kikusui Day 1
  • removed all Japanese ships except Yamato

Operation Kikusui Day 2
  • moved US ships and planes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • replaced HMS Lion with a second USS South Dakota (Lion causes crash)

Operation Rattrap
  • nerfed 50 lbs charge so it doesn't destroy all turrets of the Ratte with one blow

Operation Spring Awakening
  • removed 1 flag
  • replaced ISU 122 with SU-122P
  • reduced ticket bleed

Ramelle Neuville
  • Added: additional sandbag walls on the stone bridge to halt the German tanks. These go vanished as soon as both of "1st" flags get captured by Germans.

Reichsbahn
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)

Road to Ramelle
  • fixed a bug related to Radio B25 and Radio Stuka

Rheinubung
  • Battleships, Carrier: 4:55 - 5:05 min respawn time
  • Cruisers (Hood, Eugen): 3:50 - 4:00 min respawn time
  • Repair ships: 3:50 - 4:10 min respawn time
  • Destroyers: (Lance & Laforey) 1:30 min respawn time;
  • U-bots: 0:45 min respawn time
  • Removed Ju-88
  • He111-H-11 replaced with He111-Z Zwilling

Salerno
  • north and south flag cannot be recapped

Seelow Heights
  • reduced pushcage size

Spurning Fate Day
  • replaced one SU-76 with ZSU 37

Stalingrad Red Square
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

The Forgotten Jungle
  • Allies have to cap beach flag first, all others are caged

The Storm
  • replaced T34 with T-34_1942

Tobruk
  • removed one Stuka
  • Stuka respawn time increased

Tulagi Island
  • North flag removed

Warsaw Uprising
  • Manholes no longer respawn
  • removed Panther and 14TP

Old thread: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-44-13

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-03-14, 12:49 PM | Message # 81
    Colonel
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 13
    @eye: I agree. No offense, marduk... shy

Concerning Battle of Britain, I think the spawnpoint jeeps/APCs should be removed. Because the Brits have such an advantage (OP Spitfire), it would be fair to give the Germans a bit of a head start. Also, when the radio tower/AA emplacements are destroyed the Brits get less options of where to spawn. So if the Germans are having a tough time dealing with Brit fighter (like they always do), bombing the actual objectives will help them a bit. However, all this is nullified if the Brits can constantly spawn right next to their beloved Spitfires/Hurricanes. 
    There is one spawn-APC at Brit main and one spawn-jeep at each airfield, so far as I know.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-03-15, 11:06 AM | Message # 82
    General
    I like that idea, it's always a nice teamplay aspect when 3 or 4 guys are forced to drive together from the factory to the airfield.

I also did some changes on Bulge in favor of Allies (not saying it's 100% balanced yet) and added the Elephant to Berlin Outskirts. There are mine kits on Bulge (at church and north outpost) btw, don't underestimate those.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2015-03-29, 1:21 PM | Message # 83
    Colonel
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 13
    I discovered that on Naichi, after one of the "3" flags is capped four Tigers spawn at H1. This causes me to CTD and after I rejoin, I get a tremendous FPS drop if I look in their direction. Keep in mind this is when using S&T, so it probably isn't a problem for most players. Could you try reducing it to just one or two Tigers and see if that helps?

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-03-29, 6:57 PM | Message # 84
    General
    Please first try to see if it's caused by the S&T Pack before we do balance changes.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Monday, 2015-04-20, 12:23 PM | Message # 85
    General
    Awards: 45
    Invasion of the Philippines: Please remove the Japanese planes that keep respawning when Allies took all flags. Because of the respawning planes the map is endlessly prolonged but only one or two players are busy in that time and the rest will get bored and start to disconnect from the server.

Generally (on all Pacific maps with U.S. tanks): Please equip the Japanese antitank-troops more with anti-tank mines or put more kits with antitank mines on the maps. All the existing Japanese antitank kits are too weak and it is just a pain to attack the enemy tanks with them.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 10:49 AM | Message # 86
    General
    Quote marduk ()
    Invasion of the Philippines: Please remove the Japanese planes that keep respawning when Allies took all flags. Because of the respawning planes the map is endlessly prolonged but only one or two players are busy in that time and the rest will get bored and start to disconnect from the server.

Done. It's actually intended by the devs/map maker that the planes disappear after the US takes the last flag but because of two small errors it doesn't happen.

Quote marduk ()
    Generally (on all Pacific maps with U.S. tanks): Please equip the Japanese antitank-troops more with anti-tank mines or put more kits with antitank mines on the maps. All the existing Japanese antitank kits are too weak and it is just a pain to attack the enemy tanks with them.

Any map in particular? Adding kits is a bit of a pain. And I mean it's supposed to be hard for the Japanese to take out a tank because that's how it was in reallife.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 12:12 PM | Message # 87
    General
    Endless: "Any map in particular? Adding kits is a bit of a pain. And I mean it's supposed to be hard for the Japanese to take out a tank because that's how it was in reallife."

I agree, it is supposed to be hard. But the problem is, when U.S. rush with at least two sherman tanks at once the Japanese are hardly able to defend a flag or built up a defence line. I was thinking about Battle of Angaur and Invasion of the Philippines. Maybe just set one or two more of the machine gun with antitank mines kits around the Japanese flags?!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 1:41 PM | Message # 88
    General
    Ok I'll see what I can do.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 2:49 PM | Message # 89
    General
    Thanks!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-04-26, 10:44 PM | Message # 90
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 27
    One SU-152 on A Day of Zitadelle is unenterable. That's probably because of GER_SU152x2_Spawner assigned to German team.

And the same problem with FT17's on Omaha: they are for some reason assigned to the Allied team, but spawn on last German flag.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2015-04-26, 10:48 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-04-28, 9:10 PM | Message # 91
    General

Marduk: "Suggestion: Increase the spawn-time of all ships on Midway to 3-5 mins. At the moment they respawn so quick that it is just a Sisyphean challenge to fight them."

Please check if the times are still longer. The submarines for instance respawn immediately. Still, the ships respawn so fast that a tactical gameplay is not possible. You can not sink the ships and attack the island afterwards because the ships already have respawned...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2015-04-29, 7:21 PM | Message # 92
    General
    I checked again and what I said before is still true.

Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    Respawn time of battleships and carriers is already 5 to 6 minutes, cruisers and destroyers ~3 minutes.

Subs respawn a lot faster yes, but they don't really have a big impact on the battle for the island.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-05-02, 2:48 PM | Message # 93
    General
    Battle of Angaur
  • every flag has now one kit with mines (comes with deployable nambu or banzai kit)

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    MannsDate: Monday, 2015-05-04, 1:07 PM | Message # 94
    Colonel
    Group: Blocked
    Awards: 11
    can oyu make tunis more attractive please ? 
    replace these pak 38 with some unique guns, or the 120mm mortar with something useful

Give the allies MORE attractive tanks 

or maybe you can fix the flag bug at german base, its not supposed to be a main base

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-05-05, 2:09 PM | Message # 95
    General

Endless: "Battle of Angaur
  • every flag has now one kit with mines (comes with deployable nambu or banzai kit

• Thank you very much smile

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Thursday, 2015-05-07, 8:00 PM | Message # 96
    General
    Seelow Heigthts: Flag 3: Approximately every 2nd or every 3rd time the map is played one ally player flies so low over flag 3 that he dies and the plane keeps sticking at the virtual cage around the flag.
    My suggestion to fix this problem and give the map a little change: move a flag into the factory area north of the present flag 3. Set the flag at a point where planes can not fly so deep that it causes the bug described above.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2015-05-16, 10:54 PM | Message # 97
    Colonel
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    Ocean Town:
    - The ticket bleed is pretty strong on this one. There are 5 flags; if one team holds at least 3 of them the other team suffers.
    Would it be possible to reduce the bleed and/or increase the amount of tickets? Maybe so that a game takes at least 35 minutes and is not decided after 15 minutes.
    - The Torpedo_Boot spawn template should spawn twice not once. That would be better to counter enemy ships
    - The Sanitaeterkit template should also spawn twice. It's an useful kit on this map because of the parachute

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-05-17, 10:31 PM | Message # 98
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 27
    Prokhorovka:
    - It seems kinda strange that Axis AA guns on the last flag can't be used by Allies and vice versa, while AT guns can.

Next issue is not exactly SSM, but it is connected to server settings, so I think this is the appropriate thread for it:
    - TK punish seems to be buggy. Doing a TK while being a vehicle might result in kill of yourself by the server, so vehicle is left abandoned, and chance of this seems to be  random. Although it happens not really often, but it enables enemy to capture abandoned equipment (like Jagdtiger on Remagen, Mosquito will bear me out). And besides, there is already a punishment for TK in form of increased spawn time for teamkiller and autokick after several TKs. I understand, that health discrease after hitting friendly player is supposed to warn player and prevent TK, but sometimes it just work wrong.

starking018Date: Monday, 2015-05-18, 1:54 AM | Message # 99
    Colonel
    Group: Friends
    Awards: 22
    In BFSM it is called "friendly fire kickback" and "kickback on splash". The first one is for direct hits, the second one is for splash damage (to friendlies). Even if they were set to only 1% if you do a large amount of damage, e.g. a hit from a large cannon, it means that you will lose >100% of your health at once and die. This thing is not even meant to warn you of an impending TK, or it doesn't work properly. If you do a little damage sometimes you don't even get any warning or see your health go down. In my opinion both should be set to 0%.

There is an unrelated setting called "Enable TK forgive mode" which is currently disabled. It means that by default, a TK is "punished", unless the victim opens console and types "ftk" or "forgive". If that doesn't happen the punishment is 1. a long spawn time (this is another setting) and 2. if you make a certain number of TKs without being forgiven you get kicked. Combined with the "sudden death" effect from friendly fire kickback it means that sometimes it is impossible to avoid the long spawn time, which makes things even worse (e.g. your tank stays abandoned for longer and the enemy has more time to take it; or your ship stays abandoned long enough for the enemy to sink it before you can even respawn).

So I also propose that TK forgive mode be enabled. Then you would not get a long spawn time unless the victim of a TK opens console and types "ptk" or "punish". Then the punishment can be as harsh as you want.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Monday, 2015-05-18, 1:56 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2015-05-19, 6:05 PM | Message # 100
    General
    Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
    - TK punish seems to be buggy. Doing a TK while being a vehicle might result in kill of yourself by the server, so vehicle is left abandoned, and chance of this seems to be  random. Although it happens not really often, but it enables enemy to capture abandoned equipment (like Jagdtiger on Remagen, Mosquito will bear me out). And besides, there is already a punishment for TK in form of increased spawn time for teamkiller and autokick after several TKs. I understand, that health discrease after hitting friendly player is supposed to warn player and prevent TK, but sometimes it just work wrong.

Quote starking018 ()
    In BFSM it is called "friendly fire kickback" and "kickback on splash". The first one is for direct hits, the second one is for splash damage (to friendlies). Even if they were set to only 1% if you do a large amount of damage, e.g. a hit from a large cannon, it means that you will lose >100% of your health at once and die. This thing is not even meant to warn you of an impending TK, or it doesn't work properly. If you do a little damage sometimes you don't even get any warning or see your health go down. In my opinion both should be set to 0%.

Good suggestion, I'll remove the FF and splash kickback.

But TK forgive mode stays disabled, it's extremely rare that one gets kicked because of it (requires 10 tks). The slightly longer respawn time is the perfect punishment for not checking the minimap.

@Xenanab, marduk: Hopefully I have some time on the weekend to do this. sad

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
    Search: