[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
mardukDate: Friday, 2017-05-19, 10:47 AM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
For everybody: Please feel free to post suggestions for serverside modding.
For modders: Please explicitly post the intended changes in this thread before applying them.

Applied SSMs:

A Day of Zitadelle
  • Reinstated Ferdinand; spawn is attached to the hut flag, so once Germans cap it, it won't respawn anymore
  • Removed Bergetiger
  • Removed fly-by Stukas and Il2-s

Alaska
  • replaced B29 kit with 2 P51 kits, with 40 second respawn instead of 100 seconds
  • increased maxnumberspawn of T29 to 2

Battle at River Don
  • Increased respawn time of 88 by 100 seconds, captured T-34's - by 30 seconds, Sd.Kfz.251 with Pak 40 - by 30 second

Battle of Angaur
  • Replaced Lion with Jenkins (Fletcher class destroyer)
  • Removed one of the additional Japanese spawn points in the woods (south of flag 5)
  • Removed Japanese spawn APC
  • Immobilized aircraft carrier
  • Replaced LST-1 with 2x LCT Mk 5 because it's bugged and causes lags

Battle of Foy
  • Allies now bleed until they capture flag 3
  • Decreased Goliath spawn time from 5.5 to 2.5 minutes
  • Increased minimal amount of players and time needed to capture last flag

Battle of Luzon
  • decreased respawn time of US vehicles

Battle over Hokkaido
  • Banzai kit that spawns in the tent at Axis main base now has an explosion power of SturmTiger's rocket
  • Two additional Tiger spawn

Berlin Outskirts
  • Changed Maus to Elephant

Bizerte
  • Hafthohlladung pickup kits
  • Gebalte Ladung in Italian AT kit is replaced with Kampfpistole (40 mm HEAT ammunition)

Breakthrough
  • Vehicle layout restored to pre-v0.6 state.

Bombing the Reich
  • lowered objective HP from 260.000 to 100.000
  • Ships' respawn time increased to 6 minutes.

Desert Rose
  • Replaced Bf 109G-2s with Bf 109G-6

Eagles Nest 1945
  • Doubled the respawn time of Greyhound
  • Added 15 seconds to the spawn time of Sherman w/ sandbags

Crete
  • Restored tickets to default FH0.7 values (25% more than in FHSW)
  • Changed flag values from to 40 to 25 (default in FH), so now Germans will have to capture only 2 flags instead of 3 to stop the bleed

Counterattack
  • French tanks in Germain main base replaced by Pz II/38 (t)

Eagles Nest 45
  • Slightly rotated Pak 40 near the tunnel flag so that it can fire on the road below

Eastern Blitz
  • Replaced one Pz. II with Pz. IV Ausf.
  • Decreased the total amount of spawnable Pz. IIIs at the same time from 2 to 1

El Alamein
  • replaced Leopard with Pz III Ausf. J
  • replaced towable Flak 18 with one on SdFkz 8 to avoid AA spamming
  • When Axis/Allies take North flag at the buildings in F1 spawns:
    -halftruck with permanent spawn
    -one stationary 88 mm gun (that also respawns when Allies take that flag)
    -two stationary PAKs (50 mm for Germans (with APCR rounds), 57 mm for Allies)
    -two MG-kits with mines
    -one sniper rifle
    -one 2 cm-/Bofors-Flak on the roof

Fall Gelb-1940
  • added killer cage around French which dissapears after Germans capture all other flags
  • fixed mobile Flak 18 and Stug double spawn
  • Char B1's spawn time decreased by 45 seconds
  • One of the R35 tanks replaced with a Somua S-35
  • Removed one remote Stuka kit, also they don't respawn anymore
  • increased (30%) bleedrate for both teams

Fall Weiß
  • Replaced Pz. III Ausf. E with Pz. IV Ausf. D

Fht Operation Dracula
  • Immobilized Allied carrier
  • Removed the British destroyer
  • Added Chi-Ha APC that spawns after Allies capture the docks flag

Guadalcanal
  • fixed a bug which made the Japanese cruiser Agano not spawn, now spawns when Allies take the village flag because the Allied cruiser also only spawns when the Japanese take that flag

Hungary Forest
  • Increased ticket ratio by 75%

Ilomantsi
  • Teamlocked ISU-152

In the Hell of Bocage
  • Decreased Firefly respawn time from 150 to 100 seconds

Kasserine Pass
  • Removed death zones at Allied base.

Kharkov Winter
  • added 2 Schwimmwagens to German main base
  • 37 mm AA gun now spawns when Soviets take hill flag
  • added SdKfz 10/5 instead of Kettenkrad with Flak 30
  • added M3A1 with towable Bofors for Soviets
  • removed obstacles at the north bridge
  • Changed Axis spotter kit to Ju 88 with bombload of 6x250kg and 28x50kg
  • added one sniper kit to each main base
  • peplaced Carro Armato M13/40 and Semovente da 47/32 with Panzer IV
  • peplaced one of the fighters on both sides with Ju87D and IL2 respectively
  • added Flak 18 on Sd.Kfz. 8 chassis as countermeasure Soviet heavy tanks (spawns when they capture eastern flag)
  • Replaced Bf 109G-6 with Bf 109E

Khota Bharu
  • Bleed ratio increased by the 20% percent for both teams

Operation Forager
  •  D4 flag removed

Operation Goodwood
  • The double Tortoise spawner now releases only one tank

Op. Kikusui Day 1
  • Removed wrenches from Japanese kits
  • Lowered Yamato HP from 108k to 98k (the lowest option availible in map files)

Op. Kikusui Day 2
  • Moved American fleet and spawnrotator planes closer to the Japanese base.

Pakfront
  • Churchill Kangaroo in Russian main base does not respawn once the flag is capped by Germans.

Midway
  • Replaced usual Daihatsu boats on Tsurumi oiler with tanks and field guns
  • Added one halftruck to each flag on the island
  • Added spawnable AT kit for Allies
  • Increased the range of sight from 500 to 1000m
  • Axis are in poccession of sea flags from the start
  • respawn time of submarines increased to 2 mins
  • self-destroy timer for unused ships removed

Raseiniai
  • Made flags marked by number 4 on the minimap recappable

Reichsbahn
  • Removed Jagdtiger that spawns at 3rd flag
  • Replaced Maus with Jagdtiger

Sandstorm
  • Tiger with autoloading cannon now counterspawns in Axis main base

Saipan
  • Moved plane spawnpoints at the last flag, so they don't explode immediately after spawning.
  • Increased time needed to capture flags from 10 to 15 seconds.

Seelow Heights
  • Axis reinforcements (spawn-PZ IV + 2 * Panther and 2 * Stug) spawn on the road leading from the southeastern border of the map when Axis main gets taken

Stalingrad Redsquare
  • four flags removed
  • train remove

Stashuv Area
  • Changed Soviet assault kit with PPSh to officer's kit w/ binoculars
  • Added sniper kit to the Soviet main base (in one of the tents)
  • teamlocked ISU-152

The Merville Battery
  • Increased the bleedrate by 30%

The Nebelwerfer Hunt
  • Removed "Giesskanne"

Trois Points
  • Replaced usual 6pdr's with longer barrel version

Tulagi Island
  • Increased tickets amount by 100%

Westminster 1942
  • Additional Typhoon w/ rockets kit, which spawns near a pile of barrels at British main base.

Westwall
  • Lowered insane Axis bleed from 100 to 8 tickets per min (twice as much as Allied)
  • Removed two SP Tortoises which spawn at the second flag
  • Slightly raised position of the static MG42 overlooking the wooden bridge at flag 2

Zveroboy
  • Restored missing knife in German AT kit

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk
  •  
    E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-04-29, 5:36 PM | Message # 361
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 9
    Quote marduk ()
    @E-3: A clear 'No'!
    Check stats and you know why - Axis has won 32 of 34 listed rounds! No point in making an imbalanced map even more imbalanced.
    I know that axis always wins more rounds on that map but I think that is because allies need to control all flags to make axis bleed or do I have that wrong here ?

Keeping the map the way it is now is fine by me I guess more glory days for cleaner then smile

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
    and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2020-04-29, 5:37 PM

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 3:06 PM | Message # 362
    Lieutenant Colonel
    current issues with Alaska 1948 too many objects spawning into main base. I believe this was causing my computer to keep disconnecting from the server. however I believe the allies need those heavy tanks in order to counter the is4 so the only solution is to remove some light tanks there is currently a open top tank named M8A1GMC_Bag this only has a 75 mm gun my testing so far I have found that it was absolutely useless against a is4 even when I'm firing at the back end of the tank it does almost no damage.  There is also a apc in main base that I believe nobody is using but maybe I'm wrong. I still need 1 more thing to remove.
    I was thinking about  1 T20E3 with the 76 mm.

for the  amx50  I set the MinSpawn  Delay to 80  Max spawn delay to 120 it has the same spawn delay as t95 that also counter spawns when the Russians have every flag,  which was in the map default settings.

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 5:02 PM

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 6:09 PM | Message # 363
    Colonel
    Group: Friends
    Awards: 22
    As an example, the Japanese community has this decent process for making SSMs:
    there are known issues (e.g. from stats) or someone complains about an issue;
    someone creates a SSM file and publishes it (usually in both forum and Discord), along with a summary of changes;
    then someone invites people (in the Discord chat) for a stability/functionality test in multiplayer and starts a server with it (not the main server);
    if it doesn't fail (crash or not work as intended) they put it on the main server and play with it at some point and see how it goes.
    (repeat process if needed)

A proposal/discussion phase before SSM creation is good, but not a must (it can be rejected after creation).

About Alaska:
    Stats indeed say the blue team (US) wins 2 of 3 games (you can see some people care a lot about that), despite being massacred more, and pushed more - it's just map design. So if you want to change that balance (e.g. if the massacre of blue team is considered a problem), please propose/make it together with a change in the ticket bleed and/or flag values (for others this may still not be a good compromise - I don't know). Other than that, I think that your ideas are okay.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 6:28 PM | Message # 364
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Quote starking018 ()
    As an example, the Japanese community has this decent process for making SSMs:there are known issues (e.g. from stats) or someone complains about an issue;
    someone creates a SSM file and publishes it (usually in both forum and Discord), along with a summary of changes;
    then someone invites people (in the Discord chat) for a stability/functionality test in multiplayer and starts a server with it (not the main server);
    if it doesn't fail (crash or not work as intended) they put it on the main server and play with it at some point and see how it goes.
    (repeat process if needed)

A proposal/discussion phase before SSM creation is good, but not a must (it can be rejected after creation).

airtroll I absolutely agree with you that we shouldn't do things on the main server. Problem is my only test server is on a Pentium D are you willing to run a test server with the file ? and test the actual settings for possible disconnect issues with me and other players,  it would really be helpful if we were on TeamSpeak but I guess that is too much to ask.

About Alaska:
    Stats indeed say the blue team (US) wins 2 of 3 games (you can see some people care a lot about that), despite being
    massacred more, and pushed more - it's just map design. So if you want
    to change that balance (e.g. if the massacre of blue team is considered a
    problem), please propose/make it together with a change in the ticket
    bleed and/or flag values (for others this may still not be a good
    compromise - I don't know). Other than that, I think that your ideas are
    okay.
    Personally from my own findings, I find the map statistics to be kind of useless. When the server rotates to map with nobody playing it will count by default as a win for the US team. Then when you are playing with very few players which is already impossible on Alaska 1948 usually the US team wins because the Russians cannot control all flags with so few players but I see the power of is4 tank if the Russians get total control the US team is literally trapped into their main base because they cannot deal with that tank my personal belief is every tank should have a tank that counters it.

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 6:47 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 7:07 PM | Message # 365
    General
    "Personally from my own findings, I find the map statistics to be kind of useless. When the server rotates to map with nobody playing it will count by default as a win for the US team. Then when you are playing with very few players which is already impossible on Alaska 1948 usually the US team wins because the Russians cannot control all flags with so few players but I see the power of is4 tank if the Russians get total control the US team is literally trapped into their main base because they cannot deal with that tank my personal belief is every tank should have a tank that counters it."

I agree there is downsides in using the stats, but it still is a better approach for jugdement than one or a couple of rounds. The outcome of a few rounds is very random. Stacked teams, pure luck and other factors can have a strong influence and makes a jugdement based on the outcome a very insecure thing ^^

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Thursday, 2020-05-07, 1:51 PM | Message # 366
    Colonel
    Quote E-3 ()
    airtroll I absolutely agree with you that we shouldn't do things on the main server. Problem is my only test server is on a Pentium D are you willing to run a test server with the file ? and test the actual settings for possible disconnect issues with me and other players, it would really be helpful if we were on TeamSpeak but I guess that is too much to ask.

Yes, I can run my server for tests when I'm available. We can arrange on Discord and the server will be up only for the test(s). Sorry I don't use TS, but I think chat should be enough.
    Also you could ask Bubu or Radiosmersh to arrange so you can test things on a second FHSW server on the main machine, e.g. for times when I'm not available.

Quote E-3 ()
    they cannot deal with that tank my personal belief is every tank should have a tank that counters it.

Yeah, or some other weapon. So I like your changes. I don't care too much about the ticket balance for this map, and I don't know exactly how it is or should be anyway (I just thought Marduk or someone else would insist on something about it).

Message edited by starking018 - Thursday, 2020-05-07, 1:59 PM

E-3Date: Thursday, 2020-05-07, 7:17 PM | Message # 367
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Quote starking018 ()
    Yes, I can run my server for tests when I'm available. We can arrange on Discord and the server will be up only for the test(s). Sorry I don't use TS, but I think chat should be enough.Also you could ask Bubu or Radiosmersh to arrange so you can test things on a second FHSW server on the main machine, e.g. for times when I'm not available.
    cool man I'll be sending you the modified Alaska 1948 server-side mod soon let's do some major player testing I hope multiple participants will be here. it be awhile before I share the actual mod because I am currently busy trying to upload the Star Wars event videos they are kind of very broken sadly sad

bubuDate: Thursday, 2020-05-07, 7:22 PM | Message # 368
    Colonel
    Awards: 31
    If you PM me here or on whatsapp E3, just send me a link with ssm, and I will upload and turn up the test server happy

E-3Date: Thursday, 2020-05-07, 7:45 PM | Message # 369
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Quote bubu ()
    If you PM me here or on whatsapp E3, just send me a link with ssm, and I will upload and turn up the test server
    already done but I'm not convinced that the version I uploaded would be my final tweaking please see discord

starking018Date: Sunday, 2020-05-10, 12:15 PM | Message # 370
    Colonel
    We played Alaska a few days ago (with what seems to be E-3's first SSM version mentioned), and here are some observations:

There were indeed still many disconnects and crashes (as before the SSM).

This older SSM in this thread seemed to be not included, since I saw that a B29 kit was in main.
    Quote marduk ()
    Alaska
    replaced B29 kit with 2 P51 kits, with 40 second respawn instead of 100 seconds
    increased maxnumberspawn of T29 to 2

I couldn't find any railgun in allied main base, even after the other railgun had spawned... Is it just well hidden?

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-05-10, 4:16 PM | Message # 371
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Quote starking018 ()
    We played Alaska a few days ago (with what seems to be E-3's first SSM version mentioned), and here are some observations:There were indeed still many disconnects and crashes (as before the SSM).

This older SSM in this thread seemed to be not included, since I saw that a B29 kit was in main.
    you can see the video I made from it      

there is a railgun that spawns into main base but the respawn timer is 7 minutes so the chance of getting it is very slim, I happen to actually get it and then disconnect from the server and then it was gone. I didn't play the map many times online so I didn't know that there were that many disconnects issues with it, if it requires to remove more equipment from the map in order to get people not to disconnect then so be it. Because having a playable map is more important then equipment.
    Quote starking018 ()
    Alaskareplaced B29 kit with 2 P51 kits, with 40 second respawn instead of 100 seconds
    increased maxnumberspawn of T29 to 2
    I didn't use the original ssm because the 2 t29 tanks  and the p51 bomber kit didn't really seem to make a difference at all.

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2020-05-10, 4:17 PM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-05-10, 9:30 PM | Message # 372
    General
    Fht the breaking point
    My suggestion:
    -remove flag F4
    -make flag F7 (1), flag D6 (2), flag D5 (3) and D3/B5 flags (4) in push

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-13, 4:26 PM | Message # 373
    Colonel
    Quote E-3 ()
    if it requires to remove more equipment from the map in order to get people not to disconnect then so be it.

I noticed on Adak Race that some kits with random weapons in them can sometimes cause mass disconnects when you spawn or pick them up, and it looks as if it happens when there is a discrepancy between which of the possible weapons the server has picked at random, and which the client(s) have picked. RADIOSMERSH fixed that one in a SSM by replacing the kit. So I think it would be a good idea to look for kits (especially spawn, but also pick-up kits) and maybe vehicles with random components in them (like the Pz2 or 222 which both can spawn with autocannons of two different cyclic rates of fire, at random) and try replacing or removing these things first.
    From your video it seems like the railgun kit caused a similar mass disconnect. I don't know if it has anything random in it, but I suggest trying without it (BTW it has already been nerfed via another SSM, and it had another bug of killing the shooter seemingly at random anyway).

Quote marduk ()
    Fht the breaking point
    My suggestion:
    -remove flag F4
    -make flag F7 (1), flag D6 (2), flag D5 (3) and D3/B5 flags (4) in push

The numbers on the minimap can't be changed via SSM, but removing the F4 flag would help at times when we don't have 40+ players.

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-13, 11:36 PM | Message # 374
    Lieutenant Colonel
    there is further work required on Alaska 1948. see video.

Because of disconnect issues in the main base when axis captured all flags. I am now looking into possible objects to remove  to balance out the map and to prevent this damn disconnect issue from occurring.

I was thinking about a  stationary morter position in the main base that I haven't seen used in any games at all it's an object that can be removed without serious consequences I think.

Second thing I'm going to try is spawning in the t95 in the start of the game because that is a very slow tank anyway so good luck trying to get that all the way from the back to the frontline. Then when allies lose every flag, letting 1 amx 50 spawn first and the second amx 50 after the first one has been taken by a player.

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2020-05-14, 9:03 PM

bubuDate: Thursday, 2020-05-14, 8:27 PM | Message # 375
    Colonel
    Quote marduk ()
    -remove flag F4
    Is flag F4 the East checkpoint? If yes, I'd suggest to turn it to flag so both D6 and F4 is flag 2.
    the rest as you suggested (D5 = 3, D3/B5 = 4, B2 = 5).

Point is the defensive positions are not equipped very well to withstand the full attack of all the Axis equipment at once. Therefore splitting the attacking force in 2, despite splitting the defensive force, improves the defensive capability, imo.

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-05-15, 7:27 AM | Message # 376
    General
    "-remove flag F4"

" If yes, I'd suggest to turn it to flag"

???????? Lol, please stop the hard narcotics, Bubu biggrin

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Friday, 2020-05-15, 10:34 PM | Message # 377
    Colonel
    Lol, sorry, I meant "turn it to a flag 2" as in don't remove it completely.

FranktheEraserDate: Saturday, 2020-05-16, 12:46 PM | Message # 378
    Lieutenant
    Awards: 5
    Hi,

I think for "Battle of Gela", flag beach could be Flag 0 (unrecap), flags 1, recappable; flags 2 only church and town, flag 3 mortar base, and axis main flag 4, in order to make it moree dynamic after being it overplayed. Also adding some light axis AA and/or unlock allies AA for axis. It is just a suggestion.

CU at goulag

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

mardukDate: Saturday, 2020-05-16, 2:53 PM | Message # 379
    General
    @Frank: Beach flag shouldn't be racappable, defo agree!
    For the rest, I don't know...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-05-24, 7:26 AM | Message # 380
    General
    @E-3: Would you please list all the changes you did on Alaska in the end?
    I want to add them to the first post! Thank you.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
    Search: