[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps III)
Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m)
crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2017-12-02, 3:39 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
Older thread: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-809-1

New maps so far:
-Operation Lilliput
-Sittang Bridge
-Stashuv Area
-Spurning Fate
-Battle of Luzon

Edits (copied from old thread):

Operation Lilliput:

-added new flag "Outpost" between Lagoon and Musita Island
-made Buna Village (west-most flag) Australian by default. it's still capable
-added 1 Spawn M3A1 APC at Aussie main
-added 1 Bren Carrier at Aussie main
-added 1 Bren Carrier at Buna Village
-removed some Japanese kits at Aussie flags
-replaced spawnable Jap Expacks with grenades
-decreased amount of ammo in AT & grenade resupply kits
-changed Boys AT Mk.II kits to normal Boys AT 
-added Nambu MG kit at Lagoon
-moved Jap towable 47mm AT gun to Buna Mission
-moved 75mm Jap field gun to new position that better overlooks Aussie's main approach

Spurning Fate:

-replaced 1 Jagdpanzer V at German main with E-25
-removed 1 Panzer IV H from Germain main
-replaced 1 Panzer IV H at main with Kingtiger (spawns when Farm is capped)
-replaced 1 T-34/85 at Rus main with T-44
-removed IS-3
-removed 1 ISU-152
-replaced 1 Panzer IV H at Lumberyard w/ Jadgpanzer IV
-added Pak 40 at Lumberyard
-added MG42/DP-1928 kits at Ruins, Lumberyard, & Farm
-added Panzerfaust 150/Captured Panzerfaust(Rus) and another Panzershreck at Manor & Farm
-added mortar kit at Farm
-reduced cap radius of all flags to 8 metres
-moved flag poles of Ruins, Manor, & Farm closer to the enterable buildings
-increased Panzershreck/Bazooka ammo to 4 rockets

Sittang Bridge:

-added pilot kits to Brit & Jap airfields
-replaced one Ki-27B with Ki-27A (fighter variant)
-removed one Defiant
-added towable 47mm/6 pounder AT gun at Airbase Base
-made Japanese Command Post a permanent Jap flag
-added towable 75mm at Japanese Command Post
-added some horses for Japs
-readded Stuart at Airfield Base
-added stationary 15cm howitzer at Jap main (3-4 minute respawn)
-added Ki-45 spotter kit at Jap main, spawns when Brits cap Airfield Base

Stashuv Area:

-Russians start with 2x IS-2s, a few T-34(late models), a few T-34-85, 1x towable ML-20, 1x Spawn-M3A1, some trucks/jeeps/horses
-German mainbase starts with a (teamlocked)KingTiger, 1x Pz.IIL, some APCs/jeeps, and a towable-Flak 88
-there are StuGs, Hetzers, Marder IIs, towable Pak-40/38s throughout the map
-as Russians capture more flags, they get more and more tanks like 1x KV-1C, a few more T-34-85s, 1x IS-2, 1x SU-85M, etc. These spawn at the flags themselves
-as Russians capture more, a max of 3x Panzer IVH and 2x Tiger I's spawn gradually
-Zarez and Yablonitsa flag-points were moved closer to enterable buildings so they can be defended for effectively by infantry

Joni_KillerDate: Saturday, 2017-12-02, 11:40 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 4
When we can test that mappak?

Joni_Killer aka Infantry General Jon_Killer aka Major Jon_Killer

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2017-12-02, 10:31 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Quote Joni_Killer ()
When we can test that mappak?
Dec. 3, I believe

bubuDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 4:31 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
EDIT:
@Crazy, I suppose you changed the maps since the last time you sent me the .rar with them :P

I started the server 2. The password is TESTING.
IP is 5.9.54.21, port 14568.

I might be late as I have a lot of assignments.

EDIT: I might not be in the game but I will monitor the server remotely so if it crashes I will restart it with my response time of 1-2min ^_^

Message edited by bubu - Sunday, 2017-12-03, 4:41 PM

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:21 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
MAPS DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XQNRbRAdU7YMQoTF5QSFz124XDcieLft

Installation: Extract map files, copy/cut them to Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/Archives/bf1942/levels

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:34 PM | Message # 6
General
Awards: 45
I can not start the game with the files extracted in the folder/error message.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:47 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Awards: 31
Uploading to server.
Edit: Uploaded, server started. Current map: Stashuv area.

5.9.54.21 : 14568
Password: TESTING

Quote marduk

Do you have only the .rfa files in your maps folder?

Message edited by bubu - Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:53 PM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:56 PM | Message # 8
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote marduk ()

Hmm, strange, works fine for me.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 5:56 PM | Message # 9
General
Awards: 45
Yea, only the five .rfa mapfiles. It still doesnt work. Anyway, keep testing and I try to get players for the event on the server meanwhile.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 6:08 PM | Message # 10
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Seems like the push code is broken on Stashuv: flag 1 is still locked after 0.5 flags were captured.

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2017-12-03, 9:01 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Seems like the push code is broken on Stashuv: flag 1 is still locked after 0.5 flags were captured.

Should be fixed now. Reverted back to the original push system with physical pushcages

Were you able to test any other maps? Any other issues apart from installation?

XenanabDate: Friday, 2017-12-15, 10:32 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I will take a look at them after the 11th. But i can only test for myself on Local Multiplayer if we won't make another play testing on the server.

Added (2017-12-15, 9:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have finally found some time to test these maps for myself so that I can only provide a little bit of feedback that doesn't concern map performance and stability as I didn't test it on a server.

Battle of Luzon:

Overall I think that balancing might be really odd for axis. I can see allies totally dominating the battlefield with their way superior handweapons (and this is intended). However I would tweak and nerf some of their solder spawn classes:

- Give the Tommygun kit just a normal Thompson and remove the grenades
- Remove the pistol from Officer Winchester kit
- Remove the smoke grenade from BAR1918 kit

And for axis:

- Give the medic class a knife (bayonett ID_2) on second position (maybe take a look on what I did for German medics on Zveroboy) and a normal Arisaka rifle
or
- give the medic class a MP18
or
- remove the medic altogether and make it a Type99 support kit
and
- maybe give the assault class a Type 5 rifle with grenades

Then I would also say that the few battles I played there always ended with some allied guy taking the last flag (bunker HQ) before the others and ruining all comeback potential for axis. A pushcage system controlled by the previous 2 flags might help out (then also needs a minimap annotation).

Operation Lilliput:

Flag layout is better than the original. Now the minimap has to be renewed completely biggrin

Spurning Fate-1945:

One minor thing: There is no night texture for the E-25. That's a bit strange so it really sticks out of the normal colour scheme. Maybe you can just slightly modify it's texture file .dds.

Also I think that Panzerschreck ammo should be globally reduced since it can be very powerful to just hide in the dark with multiple shots at your disposal.

--

Have nothing to say about the rest so far. When is the next test playing of the updated version smile ?

E-3Date: Saturday, 2017-12-16, 1:42 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9
the moon map we need it back

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2017-12-16, 5:38 AM | Message # 14
Colonel
@Xenanab thank you for the feedback! 
Quote Xenanab ()
Overall I think that balancing might be really odd for axis. I can see allies totally dominating the battlefield with their way superior handweapons (and this is intended). However I would tweak and nerf some of their solder spawn classes:- Give the Tommygun kit just a normal Thompson and remove the grenades
- Remove the pistol from Officer Winchester kit
- Remove the smoke grenade from BAR1918 kit

I've tried editing the US kit layouts before, but it always resulted in game crashes. I'll give it another try. I'll also see what I can do about a pushsystem and better Jap kits smile

Quote Xenanab ()
Operation Lilliput:Flag layout is better than the original. Now the minimap has to be renewed completely

...I don't really know how to edit the minimap...a short lesson would be appreciated biggrin

Quote Xenanab ()
Spurning Fate-1945:One minor thing: There is no night texture for the E-25. That's a bit strange so it really sticks out of the normal colour scheme. Maybe you can just slightly modify it's texture file .dds.

Also I think that Panzerschreck ammo should be globally reduced since it can be very powerful to just hide in the dark with multiple shots at your disposal.

Good idea for the panzerschreck. I think I may just replace the E-25 with another Jagdpanzer

Quote Xenanab ()
Have nothing to say about the rest so far. When is the next test playing of the updated version ?

Hopefully during winter break. Pretty busy with school right now, as you can imagine. I wanted to also try testing Battle of Britain, but I still don't know if that's necessary.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2017-12-17, 0:56 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
Quote crazygamelover ()
I've tried editing the US kit layouts before, but it always resulted in game crashes. I'll give it another try.

It really is a bit difficult. A single wrong line of code will automatically crash your client upon loading a map. If you look for certain ways to modify soldier kits try to look up the custom kits I made for all the current mappack maps for example. With careful observation you will be able to understand how this whole thing works biggrin
Always keep in mind that next to the weapon icon .dds you must of course set the handweapons at the bottom part of each kit .con. The order of the weapons is important to determine which of them equip which number keys. Just look for standard soldier spawn kits in the handweapon .con compilations.
If you want to remove grenades for example, just delete both the icon.dds line of code and at the bottom the grenade itself ^^

Quote crazygamelover ()
...I don't really know how to edit the minimap...a short lesson would be appreciated

Minimaps are always saved inside the map data: (your leel folder) -> Textures -> ingamemap.dds
You can edit .dds files with pixel based image editing software like IrfanView or Adobe Photoshop (but you need a dds. plugin there).
Each mapper at first makes use of the mapping software to create the minimap from scratch. But to edit texts and annotations, etc they use these programs. At best you let ED42 create a new basic ingamemap.dds based on heightmap and texture work and then edit the resulting .dds file with the programs mentioned above (inserting texts, etc).
Flag icons will be applied by the game engine automatically anyway.
If you don't want to set up ED42 for that, I could give you a new basic ingamemap of Lilliput that you can work with if you want.

Quote crazygamelover ()
I wanted to also try testing Battle of Britain, but I still don't know if that's necessary.

Good idea. I have no idea if Battle of Britain got fixed in the 0.61 FHSW update. In 0.6 it was broken which is a shame since it's one of the most popular airplane maps.

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2017-12-17, 1:13 AM

crazygameloverDate: Thursday, 2017-12-28, 6:01 PM | Message # 16
Colonel
Quote Xenanab ()
If you don't want to set up ED42 for that, I could give you a new basic ingamemap of Lilliput that you can work with if you want.
I wish I read that earlier  ah  Yes I would love the basic ingamemap please!  happy 
Also I applied almost all your suggestions:

Battle of Luzon:
-removed 1911 from US officer , added smoke
-replaced Tommygun w/ normal Thompson
-removed smoke from BAR kit
-added pushcage to last Japanese flag (& updated minimap accordingly)
-moved last Jap flag closer to Chi-Ha spawnpoint, might be easier to defend there?

Spurning Fate:
-reduced Panzerschreck ammo to 3 rockets
-replaced E-25 w/ Jagdpanzer F

I didn't alter the Japanese kits on Luzon since the custom Jap kit layouts were the reason the map didn't work in the first place. 
I've made Battle_of_Britain_mod to replace the original map. Not sure if it's stable though :/ 

December 30 or 31 for next testing session? Hopefully I'll show up this time

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2017-12-28, 6:56 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant General
I will participate up good job !!!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2017-12-29, 11:38 AM | Message # 18
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote crazygamelover ()
Good idea for the panzerschreck. I think I may just replace the E-25 with another Jagdpanzer

I've actually altered original texture with my limited GIMP skills a few time ago, but forgot to post it:

I can send you the texture via PM, if you want.

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2017-12-29, 3:37 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
I can send you the texture via PM, if you want.
That's ok, but thanks for the offer.

So the test session will be this Saturday December 30. Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fiwzTfp75nPBEHOYjV5TaUwRelTzBvJF

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2017-12-30, 10:50 AM | Message # 20
Colonel
Quote crazygamelover ()
I wish I read that earlier ah Yes I would love the basic ingamemap please! happy Also I applied almost all your suggestions:

At the moment it's bad timing because I got a new Laptop and still need to migrate all my old files / programs in order to do that. You would need some patience :P

Quote crazygamelover ()
I didn't alter the Japanese kits on Luzon since the custom Jap kit layouts were the reason the map didn't work in the first place.

Then you might consider replacing kits with normal soldierspawn kits inside the respective compilation .con file. For example 4_SupportJapType99 (or whatever it's called)

Quote crazygamelover ()
December 30 or 31 for next testing session? Hopefully I'll show up this time

I think I won't make it tonight sad

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
I've actually altered original texture with my limited GIMP skills a few time ago, but forgot to post it:

That looks cool. Would you like to share your experiences with texture editing?
Whenever I alter the .dds files of skins and textures with Photoshop (I also use the dds-plugin) the texture turns into some default grey ingame. I suspect that I don't save my changes in a correct manner. Editing .dds files like minimaps and map thumbnails has never been a problem though.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps III)
Search: