[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps III)
Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m)
bubuDate: Saturday, 2017-12-30, 5:03 PM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Quote Xenanab ()

I think I won't make it tonight

I ll keep the test server running smile

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2017-12-31, 1:48 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
hm whats the IP of the test server ?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 12:56 PM | Message # 23
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()

That looks cool. Would you like to share your experiences with texture editing?
Whenever I alter the .dds files of skins and textures with Photoshop (I also use the dds-plugin) the texture turns into some default grey ingame. I suspect that I don't save my changes in a correct manner. Editing .dds files like minimaps and map thumbnails has never been a problem though.

I suspect that the problem is that the game uses different compressions algorithms (namely, DXT1/5 for icons, minimaps etc. and DXT3 for skins). What you need to do is just set correct options in export dialog: DXT3 compression and tick "Generate mipmaps", though I don't know if it's different in Photoshop, as my experience applies only to GIMP, but judging from this tutorial it should be the same.

bubuDate: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 11:57 PM | Message # 24
Colonel
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
hm whats the IP of the test server ?
Connect on port 14568

Password is TESTING smile

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2018-01-07, 12:26 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant General
OK thx. Any time where a few testing players will be online?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

crazygameloverDate: Tuesday, 2018-01-16, 1:40 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
I've tried creating a Operation_Hailstone_mod based on the v0.55 file to replace the current broken version, but get this error:

Perhaps it's related to why the map crashes in v0.61

Would Radiomersh be willing to take a look at this map? He certainly has more experience in this field than me.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:15 PM | Message # 27
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote crazygamelover ()
I've tried creating a Operation_Hailstone_mod based on the v0.55 file to replace the current broken version, but get this error:

Perhaps it's related to why the map crashes in v0.61

Would Radiomersh be willing to take a look at this map? He certainly has more experience in this field than me.

Probably you haven't replaced all the "Operation_Hailstone" occurences in map files with "Operation_Hailstone_mod". Here is the working map.

I think we should also include modified version of Arctic Convoy and that crazy Moon map: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArKl6aZTApvlnQMGj-kpOYWzvWd-

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2018-01-19, 5:23 PM

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2018-01-27, 5:10 PM | Message # 28
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Probably you haven't replaced all the "Operation_Hailstone" occurences in map files with "Operation_Hailstone_mod". Here is the working map.I think we should also include modified version of Arctic Convoy and that crazy Moon map: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArKl6aZTApvlnQMGj-kpOYWzvWd-

Thank you very much Radio!
I'm fine with including Arctic Convoy Mod if it doesn't replace the normal Arctic Convoy, but I'm not very interested in the Moon map

Added (2018-01-27, 4:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Since Operation_Hailstone_mod worked fine, it's safe to say it will be in this mappack!

Any suggestions for vehicle layout? I've added the SB2C Helldiver on the Bunker Hill since it was the one carrier operating them during the battle irl, according to wikipedia

bubuDate: Saturday, 2018-01-27, 6:28 PM | Message # 29
Colonel
Quote crazygamelover ()
Any suggestions for vehicle layout?
Maybe, the carriers and other ships could be placed to south, further away from targets. It would increase the distance of flight tho... unsure Maybe it's bad idea and tedious to do?.

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2018-01-27, 8:23 PM | Message # 30
Colonel
Quote bubu ()
Maybe, the carriers and other ships could be placed to south, further away from targets. It would increase the distance of flight tho... Maybe it's bad idea and tedious to do?.

It used to be like that in 0.42. I wouldn't mind the change, if no one else objects then I can do it.

GameplayerDate: Saturday, 2018-01-27, 8:35 PM | Message # 31
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
No no bubu that's a great idea. US forces have to move them closer to target before strike smile  And I like crazygamelover's idea too Helldivers are that what we need there and crazy can you put Kawasaki Ki-61 "Hien" there too or is it too overpowerfull for axis??

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2018-01-28, 1:23 AM | Message # 32
Colonel
Quote onnipatrika54 ()
And I like crazygamelover's idea too Helldivers are that what we need there and crazy can you put Kawasaki Ki-61 "Hien" there too or is it too overpowerfull for axis??

Ki-61 is a good idea

mardukDate: Thursday, 2018-02-01, 5:05 PM | Message # 33
General
Awards: 45
@crazy:

would you also include an older version of The forgotten jungle in the mappack?

I think it was bugged or got removed in the recent version.

It would be nice to have it back because it is one of the few small maps.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2018-02-01, 6:04 PM | Message # 34
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote marduk ()
I think it was bugged or got removed in the recent version.
It was indeed bugged in previous version, and I actually made a SSM to fix it, but then the new patch was released literally next day, which made it irrelevant. I think it's just not in the rotation since nobody bothered to put it back.

bubuDate: Thursday, 2018-02-01, 10:38 PM | Message # 35
Colonel
I could put it back asap if we are sure it doesnt crash the server unsure

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2018-02-02, 0:36 AM | Message # 36
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
It would be nice to have it back because it is one of the few small maps.
Funny you should say that...I've started working on fixing Kota Bharu. Would you be interested in seeing it make a return too ?  biggrin

mardukDate: Friday, 2018-02-02, 8:02 AM | Message # 37
General
Awards: 45
@crazy: yea, sure! smile

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2018-02-02, 4:20 PM | Message # 38
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote crazygamelover ()
Funny you should say that...I've started working on fixing Kota Bharu. Would you be interested in seeing it make a return too ? biggrin

As much as I'd love to, I'm rather pessimistic about it. I can't remember any patch where it didn't crash the server and I guess Japanese developers tried to fix it multiple times without any result. This is just one of those "cursed" maps (Bridge on the River Kwai also). Still, I wish you luck with that.

Quote bubu ()
I could put it back asap if we are sure it doesnt crash the server unsure

Well, we can test it on the second server together with a modded BoB (this is my reply from the SSM thread):

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Quote crazygamelover ()
Me like. Also have you uploaded the Battle of Britain SSM?

Can't recall I was talking about SSM. The thing is, It's impossible to manipulate objects files via SSM, so the only viable option would be to create modded version based on 0.55 map file and add it to the mappack. Even then, there is no guarantee it'll work as the reason of those disconnects migth be rather hidden in the mod files, not the map itself, and that's why we need to conduct test with modded version. IMO, I think we should continue this discussion in the mappack thread.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2018-02-02, 4:21 PM

XenanabDate: Friday, 2018-02-02, 10:10 PM | Message # 39
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
As much as I'd love to, I'm rather pessimistic about it. I can't remember any patch where it didn't crash the server and I guess Japanese developers tried to fix it multiple times without any result. This is just one of those "cursed" maps (Bridge on the River Kwai also). Still, I wish you luck with that.

As much as I like to have Kota Bharu back on the server, I have to second this. Something is really strange about these maps. What they have in common is that they have a modifies skybox texture in their texture folder. Maybe that's where a weird issue hides biggrin

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2018-02-03, 5:07 AM | Message # 40
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Well, we can test it on the second server together with a modded BoB (this is my reply from the SSM thread):

So shall we have a test session next weekend? I'm too busy this weekend, but if you're all free next saturday then we could run through all the previous maps I've worked on + BoB and KotaBharu

Added (2018-02-03, 4:07 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote crazygamelover ()
What they have in common is that they have a modifies skybox texture in their texture folder.
Don't most maps have custom sky textures? AFAIK Luzon is fixed (did you guys experience any problems during the December test?), and its issue was with the RandomJapPistol

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Mappack 2 for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps III)
Search: