[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Rules: » Question about rules (m) (let me know what you think)
Question about rules (m)
LampoDate: Monday, 2016-01-04, 5:55 PM | Message # 41
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
Quote crazygamelover ()
We have an unwritten rule in this community not to bail from planes. It's like an honour system. Anyone who does bail deserves to be killed...in game.
This  prof

Quote lrachoward ()
Rule # 4 so this rule does not apply to people with the [FHSW]tag in front of their nameHow do you feel about dolphin divers?
explain better...

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-01-04, 5:59 PM | Message # 42
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hi!

Quote lrachoward ()
Rule # 4 so this rule does not apply to people with the [FHSW]tag in front of their name

Explain please. And what's your nick on the server?

Quote lrachoward ()
How do you feel about dolphin divers?

Depends on how extensive someone uses it. The problem are the game mechanics which allow it so I can't really blame the players. Personally I try to avoid it but with the machine gun kit you almost have no other choice.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

lrachowardDate: Monday, 2016-01-04, 11:54 PM | Message # 43
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
My name on the server is [FH]Mutantz and about 3 or 4 days ago i was on yer server(im a regular) and i ferget what they said but they had an [FHSW]in front of their name,i think it was canuk? and i killed them with the howizer and they insulted me,i am not offened very easy but i took it as an insult.

and in the campaigns i play in,i think its banned,so i am dissapointed that i see it being used,but kinda hard to stop it from being used,i just thought that people on this server were above that

aka Mutantz

CanukAttakDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 0:08 AM | Message # 44
Captain
Group: Friends
Awards: 9
Well sorry you felt that way [FH]Mutantz I meant know offense if it was me, which it probably was. But honestly its all fun in games. But next time if I or someone else says something that you think is offensive then please say something in game. I am who I am and for those that know me. Know that nothing is personal, hell we are playing a game people get excited.

lrachowardDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 3:34 AM | Message # 45
Lieutenant
It was minor,but tottaly uncalled for,i rarely get offened,but was just started to think this was one of those places(and i've been to a lot) that the admins put downs rules but then freely break them.

but im off of that,i'd like to talk about the switch sides ban,i think that rules should not go in effect until 1 min after the round starts,possibly 30 secs,sometimes you join and it looks like the other side has 5+ more players,so i switch to make it even and get kicked,this has not happened on the euro server only on the prince one,and also i have been playing axis with the FHSW mod ever since it came out,i need to get used to allied equipment, that's another reason,but i think when the round 1st starts,before your 1st spawn it should be allowed,you do it on 2nd spawn and i enforce the ban.

aka Mutantz

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 12:30 PM | Message # 46
General
The [FHSW] tag is free for everyone to use, it doesn't mean you're an admin and Canuk is currently not. I couldn't find the incident on the server logs but he apologized so I hope you can forgive him. From my experience with Canuk he doesn't mean it seriously it's part of his character.

Quote lrachoward ()
but im off of that,i'd like to talk about the switch sides ban,i think that rules should not go in effect until 1 min after the round starts,possibly 30 secs,sometimes you join and it looks like the other side has 5+ more players,so i switch to make it even and get kicked,this has not happened on the euro server only on the prince one,and also i have been playing axis with the FHSW mod ever since it came out,i need to get used to allied equipment, that's another reason,but i think when the round 1st starts,before your 1st spawn it should be allowed,you do it on 2nd spawn and i enforce the ban.

Yes on PrinceUmbeoshi server switching sides is a ban/kick, on our server we don't have a rule for it. But don't do it in the middle of a round when the teams are balanced.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

lrachowardDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 2:02 PM | Message # 47
Lieutenant
i would never do it in the middle of a battle,like i said if it was up to me 1st spawn ok to switch 2nd spawn not ok.

aka Mutantz

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 4:49 PM | Message # 48
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Quote lrachoward ()
Canuk he doesn't mean it seriously it's part of his character
it's the reason I love him  love

CanukAttakDate: Tuesday, 2016-01-05, 6:01 PM | Message # 49
Captain
Group: Friends
Quote Lampo ()
it's the reason I love him

ITS THE REASON I LOVE ME TOO LAMPO

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 9:26 AM | Message # 50
Colonel
Couple of weeks ago I posted in chatbox (not very proper place smile ) a proposed update to the following rules:

"1. Dont attack or enter uncapturable mainbases! Only planes are excepted from this rule. Temporary pushmap-uncaps are considered as uncapturable mainbases.
Exception: You are allowed to attack the British mainbases on "Operation Rattrap" as long as the Ratte is in visible distance!"

There should be a clause stating: Those who will not follow this rule will be killed by console 3 times, kicked and if they continue to violate this rule, they will be    banned (for a certain time period?).

3. Kamikaze is only allowed with the Japanese Okha flying bombs

To avoid all misconceptions around kamikazes like yesterday on Iwo Jima, I propose this change (or addition) without plane type specified: Kamikaze is forbidden for all nations on all maps, except for Japanese.

Message edited by bubu - Monday, 2017-04-24, 9:27 AM

sonikglightDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 10:55 AM | Message # 51
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote bubu ()
Those who will not follow this rule will be killed by console 3 times, kicked and if they continue to violate this rule, they will be    banned (for a certain time period?).E
This is normally expected but, it's depending on witch player and admin is on.

for example, A routine player that been here for a long time will get special treatment or  "if the admin seems it as necessary!"
Quote bubu ()
3. Kamikaze is only allowed with the Japanese Okha flying bombsTo avoid all misconceptions around kamikazes like yesterday on Iwo Jima, I propose this change (or addition) without plane type specified: Kamikaze is forbidden for all nations on all maps, except for Japanese.

This is what i want too but, then again I can see it becoming too extreme, hard for the Allies to win.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 3:09 PM | Message # 52
Colonel
Quote sonikglight ()
This is what i want too but, then again I can see it becoming too extreme, hard for the Allies to win.
Allies won yesterday on Iwo. The amount of Sherman tanks the allies get is overwhelming, imo. Moreover those planes have 0 capabilities of eliminating the Sherman tank by its fire and can be used for soft targets only.
But I intended this proposition for all maps so Japanese can do the kamikaze, not just Iwo. Perhaps more specifically: later war maps from 1943-44 onward.

Quote sonikglight ()
This is normally expected but, it's depending on witch player and admin is on.
Would it be possible to give every admin the right to "!kill" a player for not following rule of attacking mainbase???

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 3:35 PM | Message # 53
General
Awards: 45
Quote Bubu:
"I propose this change (or addition) without plane type specified: Kamikaze is forbidden for all nations on all maps, except for Japanese."

I am for it. Many players are already used to do it anyway (including me). It has not changed balance on any map because it is very hard to hit a tank with a plane by kamikaze and lots of players (including me biggrin ) fail when trying it.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 3:41 PM | Message # 54
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
The odd thing is that it apparantly allows it also on maps like Hong Kong and Midway.

Maybe a restriction should be 1945 maps (as stated on loading screens).

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 4:59 PM | Message # 55
General
I'm 100% against Kamikaze with regular planes because:

- really cheap tactic, even the biggest noob can kill any tank this way.
- Allies sometimes desperately need these slow heavy tanks when breaking through Japanese lines (Coronet, Naichi,...)
- Japanese have way more means to defeat Allied tanks now with all the secret weapons. In FH they only had the regular Chi-Ha and explosives.
- There are easier ways to balance maps than to allow Kamikaze which is a very random element compared to adding/removing a tank.

Quote bubu ()
Allies won yesterday on Iwo. The amount of Sherman tanks the allies get is overwhelming, imo.

Japan could have won that, the problem was that people were not defending the last flag when there was only 1 minute left and Allies had less tickets. I was the only one(!!!) in the flag zone and I believe crazygamelover killed me and could take the flag without any problem. I really have to shake my head sometimes..

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 7:35 PM | Message # 56
Colonel
Quote bubu ()
Perhaps more specifically: later war maps from 1943-44 onward
Quote Xenanab ()
Maybe a restriction should be 1945 maps (as stated on loading screens).
This might be the way then, Eye:  allowing it on maps from 1944-45.

As stated on Wikipedia (don't crucify me for using it - I know its not very reliable source of information) the first kamikazes began during Leyte Gulf: Special task force with 5x A6M Zeros.

They are also mentioned in Iwo Jima context: "Late in 1944 the British Pacific Fleet (BPF) used the good high-altitude performance of their Supermarine Seafires (naval version of the Spitfire) on combat air patrol duties. Seafires were heavily involved in countering the kamikaze attacks during the Iwo Jima landings and beyond. The Seafires' best day was 15 August 1945, shooting down eight attacking aircraft for a single loss."

So in terms of historical accuracy it is not far. But in terms of gameplay...although Japanese have a lot more equipment, it is still pretty difficult to eliminate so many tanks...

Message edited by bubu - Monday, 2017-04-24, 7:37 PM

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-04-24, 9:06 PM | Message # 57
General
Awards: 45
Quote Bubu:
"But in terms of gameplay...although Japanese have a lot more equipment, it is still pretty difficult to eliminate so many tanks..."

Exactly. Overall it will not make a difference, especially because there are always also skilled player-pilots who only use the japanese planes in the conventionel way.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 0:42 AM | Message # 58
Private
Quote bubu ()
Would it be possible to give every admin the right to "!kill" a player for not following rule of attacking mainbase???

All admins has the command, the problem is catching them and not all players do it on purpose.

Quote Endless_Nameless ()
I'm 100% against Kamikaze with regular planes because:- really cheap tactic, even the biggest noob can kill any tank this way.
- Allies sometimes desperately need these slow heavy tanks when breaking through Japanese lines (Coronet, Naichi,...)
- Japanese have way more means to defeat Allied tanks now with all the secret weapons. In FH they only had the regular Chi-Ha and explosives.
- There are easier ways to balance maps than to allow Kamikaze which is a very random element compared to adding/removing a tank.

Quote bubu ()
Allies won yesterday on Iwo. The amount of Sherman tanks the allies get is overwhelming, imo.

Japan could have won that, the problem was that people were not defending the last flag when there was only 1 minute left and Allies had less tickets. I was the only one(!!!) in the flag zone and I believe crazygamelover killed me and could take the flag without any problem. I really have to shake my head sometimes..

I have to go with Endless_Nameless a skilled player can wreak havoc on the enemy, kamikazes with planes is too overwhelming on this mod, I seen it first-hand.

Also players just have to coordinate with each other better, PAK Shiraz demonstrated this to me and we use teamspeak 3, now not saying you have to use ts3 but it helps and if more players play  supporting roles instead of going for the point and kills.

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 1:26 AM | Message # 59
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
just give more banzai kits smile i get the tanks http://77.244.215.138/selectbf/player.php?id=102  just look at my kill list nr2 Suicidebomb

hope the fhsw team make banzai trucks just like on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SEidJ44QM

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 1:27 AM

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 5:02 AM | Message # 60
Private
Quote E-3 ()
hope the fhsw team make banzai trucks just like on here

I do want the  Suicide kit to be set off instantaneously.

Message edited by sonikglight - Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 5:07 AM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Rules: » Question about rules (m) (let me know what you think)
Search: