[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » @everyone who wants to play FHSW more (r)
@everyone who wants to play FHSW more (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-21, 10:24 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hi,

I feel that we are a bit unorganized with the playing time. I think we all agree that it isn’t really fun when you play with a low player count on most maps.

My idea is that we play on two days per week (one would be Sunday) and every active player joins at the same time and stays for about 1-2 hours. Because at the moment the players spread out a lot, even on events and sometimes leave during the first map. Therefore we’ll never reach a high player count which is crucial to attract new players.

Let me draw a picture to visualise the problem:

Current situation:

Preferable situation (imo):

Pros:
+ You don’t have to waste your time on the server waiting for other players to join.
+ Higher player count than before, better gameplay.
+ You can give new players a specific time when they should join.

Cons:
- It requires discipline from everyone over a long time period.
- Not every active player has an account on this forum or even checks the site. We have to get them to read here.

So please post here what you think about it, maybe I’m just dreaming. What would be your prefered day and time?

Also please post your name in this thread if you would attend at this „experiment“.

Confirmed players:

http://www.bf-games.net/forum....1601333
I had to create a list outside the board because you can only edit your post for three days. dry

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Message edited by Endless_Nameless - Friday, 2011-12-23, 6:42 PM

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 2:14 AM | Message # 2
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
I'm worried it's just an utopia. Personally I can't afford to be online everyday.

I stopped being naive, thinking that european fhsw server may works like the japanese does, we and Japaneses have different mentality.

FHSW 0.5 will not change anything. Who knows, maybe if FHSW would be released as an FH 0.8, and therefore infamous long loading times would be drastically shortened... But we know it's impossible.

Also I think we lost players due to MapTweak patch. Very often I see unfamiliar players who disconnect in mid loading, so I guess they have no patch and they are not smart enough to copy, paste and visit the www that can be seen in server name. Or these are Windows related crashes?

Stupid wars with PFC haven't helped too

One more thing - we have a lot of fresh brains over here but there is only 1 admin who can execute some of our necessary ideas. Unfortunatelly an Audi is more important lately cool

So, as a summary, a wunderwaffe for fhsw could be:
- RADICAL lowering loading times
- wide-range adverts
- A critical mass of players (refering to critical mass of nuclear chain reaction) that would push the server to live on its own. Actually, this is what you are talking about eYe. However how many constant players do we need? 20, 30? Virtually impossible...

Yeah I'm a pessimist

Message edited by Mr_J - Thursday, 2011-12-22, 2:39 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 10:57 AM | Message # 3
General
I didn't mean everyday but only one or maybe two days during the week. Theoretically we have enough people for 20 players, they just don't meet up at one point (that's why I made this thread):

Marduk
Sepp
Schulze
Asch
slobodan
Mr_J
Pum!
Vau
Marik
Junior
Vano
Santa-Anna
Robert
Lampo
Green Shift
RobBrown
ZZZ
eYe
Ploehti
Sturer Emil
+ maybe some inactive/semi active ones (mayer, El Vuelo,...)

You're points are all valid, as soon as I submitted my thread I knew it would fail. I tried though. sad

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 1:29 PM | Message # 4
Accessory Admin
Hey don't give up. Pessimism is my national nature so don't look at me :P I think we could try this at weekends - Saturday, Sunday evenings, 18gmt+1

Determine a definite playing time and send personal messages to ALL registered forum users.

GreenShiftDate: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 5:43 PM | Message # 5
SSM Modder
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
I would like this but I think reminder emails should be sent out! I check my email often but I dont check the forums as often so I missed the last two events sad
I think when events or just weekly things are set a mail should go out (even forum PM because I get an email telling me) to everyone on the forums as soon as the date and times are set then again the morning of the event maybe? But at least once ahead of time and I would definitely be there as much as possible, I always check to see if this servers populated before joining over at pixel smile

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 6:08 PM | Message # 6
General
I sent out e-mails to almost everyone today, didn't you get one? I got one reply until now.

€: I like your idea, something like a newsletter would be good.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Message edited by Endless_Nameless - Thursday, 2011-12-22, 6:17 PM

-=AAGJC=-Tank-Driver-Date: Thursday, 2011-12-22, 10:30 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Most events I do join but sometimes it just seems not to fit in my space of time wink

But i'm willen to participate in these evenings!

Cya on the Battlefield: -=AAGJC=-Tank-Driver-

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 0:06 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I got your Mail Eye, thanks for that. With one or two days during the week I would agree. I couldn´t promise that I participate every day but i´ll try. I vote for Tuesday and Thursday at 18 GMT that is 19.00 Uhr im deutschen Reich ;).

Well yes Mr_J my Audi is very important at the Moment cool My Goal was to put him on his feet again till X-mas but it seems I would fail sad . But to the end of the year he will be stored in my garage here where I live, so I don´t have to drive 60km roundtrip wacko to work at him. That will make me more flexibel to calculate the time if I work at him.
I have my regular job also and everyone want´s to quit his buildingsite before x-mas cry uff ... Time is so short atm and flows with lightspeed it seems ...

Perhaps I could do as a server admin, but as a moderater or specialy as a forumadmin my abilitys sucks shy sad but true. During my 4 aktive years in a FH comunity I spend 3 years in the staff of axis side including 11 month as axisleader, so I know what that job takes about time that I don´t have anymore. It takes about 6 month I remember, to get familiar with most features off the forum and my powers of comprehension in that kind off technic are ... slow dry . I didn´t managed it until now to put an avatar in my profile biggrin .

Well but I think Eye´s initiative is very good to push players to the maximum that is possible! And I support him as possible.

Regards, der Eberhahn

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 1:10 AM | Message # 9
Accessory Admin
@Robert_von_Eberhahn:
Actually my words were addressed to someone else smile

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 1:12 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant General
Shall I believe that wink ?!

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 5:51 PM | Message # 11
Accessory Admin
Quote (Stefan1990)
I am a proud owner of a audi a4 avant b8 2.0 TDI (143 hp) since last week love
i hope you understand why i am so inaktive (...)

Quote (Mr_J)

there is only 1 admin who can execute some of our necessary ideas. Unfortunatelly an Audi is more important lately

Quote (Robert_von_Eberhahn)
Well yes Mr_J my Audi is very important at the Moment

Quote (Mr_J)
Actually my words were addressed to someone else smile

Quote (Robert_von_Eberhahn)
Shall I believe that ?!

halo, my name is borat
end of offtopic wink

Message edited by Mr_J - Friday, 2011-12-23, 5:53 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 6:47 PM | Message # 12
General
I knew immediatly who was meant. happy

I made a "list" of those who replied positive, link in OP. I'll wait for about two weeks, if the list hasn't really grown then, I give up. wink

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Message edited by Endless_Nameless - Friday, 2011-12-23, 6:49 PM

[LSD]SeppDietrich[OGF]Date: Friday, 2011-12-23, 7:52 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
hi leute! smile
wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe geht es ja um spieler zeiten oder einen festen tag! wacko
sonntags ist klar sind immer welche da ist auch gut so!!was ist denn mit nem tag unter der woche??mittwochs oder so von 19-20 oder 21uhr
man könnte doch die zeit wo die maps dann laufen runter stellen auf 20min oder was ich auch ganz gut finde nicht soviel tickets!!250
da geht der kampf schneller und alle müssen zusammen halten um zu erreichen das ihr team gewinnt!viele sind hier gar nicht mal on auf der page oder schauen mal rein!?ich habe die seite als startseite so weiss ich immer jeden tag was los ist !
nun ja wenn ich was falsch verstanden habe verbessere mich!!wäre schön wenn einer nen tehma öffnet es auch in deutsch posten würde!weiss wir leben in der zeit englisch weltsprache aber ich bin dafür auch in deutsch cool weil jeder ist nicht so perfect in englisch! angry muss ich ja auch nicht happy thx
gruss sepp

Mut bedeutet zu kämpfen auch wenn der Feind übermächtig ist!
Courage meant to fight even if the enemy is over powerful!

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 8:25 PM | Message # 14
General
@Sepp
Also, mir gehts darum, das Spielerpotenzial, das vorhanden ist, besser zu nutzen. Wir haben ungefähr 40 halbwegs aktive Spieler, allerdings sind immer nur maximal 15 gleichzeitig online, teilweise sogar an Events, manche leaven da schon während der ersten map. Die Idee ist daher, sich auf ein bis zwei Tage und eine Uhrzeit zu einigen an der jeder pünktlich erscheint. Ich würde als erstes Sonntag 18 oder 19 Uhr vorschlagen, da dort die meisten Zeit haben. Ich denke, dass es durch die höhere Spielerzahl eben mehr Spaß machen würde, es erfordert aber natürlich Disziplin von jedem einzelnen. Ein Problem ist natürlich, wie du schon sagst, dass manche gar nicht ins Forum oder die Seite schauen. Die müsste man irgendwie hierher lotsen (ingame ansprechen z. B.).

Ich hab an fast alle (bis auf die Stamm-User) im Forum eine Mail geschrieben, ob sie mitmachen würden. Ich warte jetzt einfach wieviele hier oder per Mail antworten, dann sehe ich schon, ob es sich lohnt.

Die Tickets sollten auf jeden Fall wieder runter, da bin ich auch dafür. (ticket modifier = 100% wars glaub ich, also ca. 300-500 tickets pro Seite, je nach map)

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Message edited by Endless_Nameless - Friday, 2011-12-23, 8:27 PM

[LSD]SeppDietrich[OGF]Date: Friday, 2011-12-23, 9:17 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 12
jop da haste recht!mir ist gliech welcher tag!sonntags bin ich eh immer da wenn meine regierung nicht grade wieder was hat aber das klappt sonntags zu 90 prozent immer!unter der woche könnte ich eigentlich auch der tag wäre mir egal aber nicht nach 21uhr das gibt stress hehe!hoffe es klappt!wenn unter der woche was sein sollte kann man da einen festen thread machen wo sich die leute abmelden wenn sie nicht können?und was ist denn mit ts los kann da nie einen sehen könnt ihr alle nicht sprechen??das ist doch teamspeak und nicht team schweig oder
wenn welche drinne sind dann nur welche die ich nicht verstehen kann finden wenn man so einen festen tag hat sollten die leute auch in den ts kommen ist doch besser oder nicht??team axis team alli immer da wo man gerade zockt
gruss sepp

Mut bedeutet zu kämpfen auch wenn der Feind übermächtig ist!
Courage meant to fight even if the enemy is over powerful!

LampoDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 10:03 PM | Message # 16
Donator of 40€
Awards: 31
I'm in everytime I can... I could also confiscate the famous AUDI if Stephan wento to Italy cool
Starting next week I will have more free time in evening so I will be often on line... even if I have a bad flu now.
I'm trying to persuade a lot of old italian BF42 players to try or re-join FHSW but a large part of them sold or threw their BF cd away... wacko
One of the big problem for new players is the loooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggg time. They hate to wait then prefer play an horrible game like BF3 or MW3 with a lot of nutella kids....
I heve my site on line too, but we have 10 visit per week, so i think it's unuseful...

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 11:48 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant General
Quote (Mr_J)
halo, my name is borat end of offtopic

Hey Borat tongue , thought u can take a joke like this --> wink ?
Regards der Eberhahn

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2011-12-23, 11:51 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant General
Also ich hab vorgeschlagen Dienstag und Donnerstag hat das keiner gelesen das sich da niemand zu äußert oder was?! Manchmal hab ich das Gefühl das keiner überhaupt die vorhergehenden Beiträge richtig liest dry ?!

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2011-12-24, 0:32 AM | Message # 19
General
Gelesen hab ichs schon. Sry, dass ich nichts dazu geschrieben hab.

Wie dem Sepp ist mir jeder Tag recht. Wenn sich genügend Leute finden, dann wäre wahrscheinlich eine Umfrage am sinnvollsten.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

VanoDate: Saturday, 2011-12-24, 7:22 AM | Message # 20
Captain
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 3
Hi Guys. I absolutely agree with the proposal. Weekday games and the game for me does not matter. My job - it's duty in the service of the accident at the gas lanes. My shift may be on the weekend. But I'm always happy to take part in the game. Unfortunately most of the players from the Russian team moved to the modern game, but I'm sure it's not for long.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » @everyone who wants to play FHSW more (r)
Search: