[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » Story behind your nickname? (r)
Story behind your nickname? (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-02-08, 10:27 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hi,

Mr J asked me why I picked my nickname so I decided to make this thread.

Endless Nameless: Name of a song on Nirvanas Nevermind album, pretty stupid but I needed something quickly.

eYe.ris: Comes from Iris who is a former Starcraft Broodwar progamer. Starcraft was the biggest e-sport a couple of years ago and I followed this game religiously around 2007 to 2011. I watched probably thousands of games and often had to stay up long or wake up early because of the time zone difference. I still think it's the best game ever made (sorry BF1942).

Anyways about Iris: I liked him because he played a very unconventional style and often very aggressively which you usually don't do when you play Terran. Very fun to watch him. Here is his wiki entry: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Iris

I didn't want to 100% copy his name because it also sounds and looks weird in German (is a female name) that's why I went with eYe.ris.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

LampoDate: Sunday, 2015-02-08, 11:43 PM | Message # 2
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
lampo... mhhhhh, because it's my nick name in my job too. Why lampo ??? Because, when i was younger, I was like a lighting biggrin

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 0:41 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Benjamin is my nickname because my real name is Benjamin, sorry for all those that thought there was a big dramatic story behind it. I was messing around BF1942 one day trying to get my multiplayer to work, which it wasn't at the time ( about 4 years ago), I clicked on a yellow colored server and joined the game. I had my Single Player name on when I joined the Multiplayer server so I thought I'd just leave it the way it is.

(HH)- Hell's Highway, it was the name of my old clan I use to run until the Gamespy shut down occurred. You might see a few of my old clan members around still, like Punisher, Bolk, Rob Van Dam, etc.

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Monday, 2015-02-09, 0:41 AM

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2015-02-09, 3:47 AM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Well, ~15 years ago when it came time to make one I probably sat down for half an hour or even more trying to think of one, until I just gave up and used my family name, and that's how it's been ever since.

starking018Date: Monday, 2015-02-09, 5:41 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
There was really nothing behind my old name. For months before I changed it I was thinking that a name should be something that you earn and receive from others, rather than something that you try to make up yourself. So I decided to take on something that someone else called me. For months I was watching and waiting for someone to come up with something in a natural and uninduced way. Then I remember it was on the map Ilomantsi, as I was flying Il-3 and bombing the first flag, that Santa-Anna called me an air troll. I immediately decided that this is it and changed my name right there and then.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 5:48 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote starking018 ()
There was really nothing behind my old name

What made you decide to use Starking though as a name? Isn't it a bird? Or is it a king of stars?

starking018Date: Monday, 2015-02-09, 6:10 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Just a bunch of random words and digits put together. It never meant anything to me. Just had to have something as a name.

wewakDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 8:06 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 3
Cool thread. Its always interesting to see how a name originated.

Over 5 years ago I was playing WW2OL with some clanmates and there was a player called Wewak and someone in teamspeak kept saying 'wewak' in a funny voice and it eventually just became some word we used. And then I just blatantly stole it for a name when I started playing 42 again.

Ive since learnt that Wewak is the 6th largest town in Papau New Guinea and saw some action in WW2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Wewak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aitape%E2%80%93Wewak_campaign

{IPT} - 2nd best clan in New Zealand back in the day.

mardukDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 11:21 AM | Message # 9
General
Awards: 45
The story behind my name is that I used to listen to this insane Black Metal Band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9u8Xz8peo

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 2:38 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Awards: 13
I came up with this name when playing Battlefield Vietnam. Before, I had been using my own name, or fake names, or names inspired by Youtube videos, but never my own. I simply thought "I love video games, so I'm a game-lover." Then I just added "crazy" because everyone needs an adjective  ;). The name had a ring to it, and so I used it for pretty much every online account I've made ever since.

Santa-AnnaDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 2:56 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 19
"Santa-Maria" was my nickname in CS 1.6 server because of the many muslim players who have played there shy .
I didn't change the nickname when I came in Bf2042, but here it's transformed into Santa-Anna because it sounds better, it seemed to me.

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 6:27 PM | Message # 12
Accessory Admin
Quote Lampo ()
Why lampo ??? Because, when i was younger, I was like a lighting

I was strongly convinced your nickname takes after this Lampo:

mardukDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 8:28 PM | Message # 13
General
That is soo cute Mr J biggrin

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MannsDate: Monday, 2015-02-09, 8:54 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Awards: 11
i like the "Y"

my name is Stefan, in english it's Steve

wanted to put the "Y" in my english name and the leaving "e" was unnecessary

S T Y V

first used it at Comander Keen when I was 5,6 years old

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Message edited by Manns - Monday, 2015-02-09, 8:54 PM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 3:38 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
Quote wewak ()
{IPT} - 2nd best clan in New Zealand back in the day.

Are you from New Zealand?

Added (2015-02-10, 2:38 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Santa-Anna ()
but here it's transformed into Santa-Anna because it sounds better.
I always thought it was because you were honoring the Mexican general who was at the Alamo, lol, didn't really think about it.
Quote Manns ()
Manns
How did you come up with this name that you use on this website?

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 10:03 AM | Message # 16
Donator of 40€
Awards: 31
Quote Mr_J ()
I was strongly convinced your nickname takes after this Lampo:
nice dog  love

I read something about this dog... sooooooooo nice but with a sad ending

starking018Date: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 10:31 AM | Message # 17
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
The story behind my name is that I used to listen to this insane Black Metal Band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9u8Xz8peo

That is so necro! I salute you with this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....TSPDYHh

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 2:10 PM | Message # 18
General
@starking: HA-HA-HA LOL What the HELL?!?!? biggrin

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 3:38 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
I used to listen to some black metal too (Mayhem, Immortal, Satyricon, etc.) and some acoustic black metal (basically a parody genre) for the hilarity of it because ordinary black metal is so ridiculous in so many cases. From time to time I still listen to some black metal songs that I find pretty good (despite the ridiculous satanic themes, etc).

MannsDate: Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 5:26 PM | Message # 20
Colonel
Awards: 11
@Benjamin

There were amount of communication difficulties and misinterpreted allegations when I played on this server the first 2,3 years so they banned me for invented reasons.
But finally we apologized each other.

And in the first months playing again here I had to use another name than Styv, so I took my reallife name

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » Story behind your nickname? (r)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: