[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » [FHSW] North America (r) (Lets build up a new FHSW chapter)
[FHSW] North America (r)
mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-09, 10:04 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
The European Time Zone is inconvenient for players from North America.
When we play in the evening, it is morning for them. That limits their opportunity to play. But when it is evening in North America, it is night/morning in Europe and the server is not populated.

I think it would be a win-win-situation for European- and North American-players, if they would introduce their own FHSW chapter and populate our server at the times when it is empty anyway.

The only things that are needed are a core of North American players who advertise the mod overseas, who have admin rights and can this way build up a community.

This is just an idea, but I am sure it can work if we support them with our experience and ideas. Another benefit is that there are times when we can all play together.

Just throw in your ideas and we create a concept to make this real!!

1. Core of North American players who have rights on the server
2. Advertisement - spread the word on North American Gaming pages
3. Directly linked to this forum: own forum for FHSW North America where gaming times and events are advertised
4. ...
5. ...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-24, 8:10 PM | Message # 21
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
I noticed we have players playing from Brazil, Argentina, and three extra new players from United States on yesterday.

Also from Bosnia and China, not Americans but it's good too.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Tuesday, 2017-01-24, 8:13 PM

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2017-01-25, 0:57 AM | Message # 22
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
I agree exactly with the idea, that would be great. We have many other languages that play with us, congratulations for the fantastic idea.!  happy

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-25, 1:48 AM | Message # 23
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
As far as actually doing something with these wonderful ideas and actually applying them to get a situation going. I would suggest that for all of those that the North America "night time" time occurs, hopping on the server and letting others know a few people are on there, eventually word might spread and eventually a crowd will develop there along with advertising it too. Just a suggestion and I would be more than glad to hop on the server at my night time as long as at least one other person does the same at first.

Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2017-01-31, 7:30 AM | Message # 24
Colonel
Awards: 16
Quote (HH)Benjamin ()
As far as actually doing something with these wonderful ideas and actually applying them to get a situation going. I would suggest that for all of those that the North America "night time" time occurs, hopping on the server and letting others know a few people are on there, eventually word might spread and eventually a crowd will develop there along with advertising it too. Just a suggestion and I would be more than glad to hop on the server at my night time as long as at least one other person does the same at first.
exactly.

Added (2017-01-31, 6:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I am from Latin America and my time zone is with the time zones of Central, South and North America, practically equal 2 hours of difference I can help in this case.  smile
I spread to the word, about our community in 2 very popular forums, one of them and gives south america.

http://battlecentral.xpg.uol.com.br/forum/threads/110597-Fhsw-0-6
http://www.bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11247

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Tuesday, 2017-01-31, 8:07 AM

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2017-02-01, 7:18 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
Awards: 22
I see that there's a Sitzkrieg FHSW server running for several days, although it is not yet on the East coast.

There are some maps in FHSW 0.6 that don't work properly on the server side:

• Battle of Britain Objective Mode (because "conquest" mode is what should be played, and is actually objective)
  • The Forgotten Jungle
  • Operation Kikusui day2
  • Ural Mountains

So, better remove them from the map list entirely until there is a fix.

There are also some which may crash at the end of the round, which may cause the server to load the same map again, so perhaps it's better to play them only with an admin present and uncheck them from the server map list.

• Salerno
  • Alaska? (sometimes, at least on my server)
  • Operation Hailstone? (sometimes, at least on my server)

I write this also because I see those maps present not just on the US server but also on the European server, since it had to be reinstalled.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

sonikglightDate: Wednesday, 2017-02-01, 10:11 PM | Message # 26
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote starking018 ()
Battle of Britain Objective Mode (because "conquest" mode is what should be played, and is actually objective)The Forgotten Jungle
Operation Kikusui day2
Ural Mountains

So, better remove them from the map list entirely until there is a fix.

There are also some which may crash at the end of the round, which may cause the server to load the same map again, so perhaps it's better to play them only with an admin present and uncheck them from the server map list.

Salerno
Alaska? (sometimes, at least on my server)
Operation Hailstone? (sometimes, at least on my server)

I write this also because I see those maps present not just on the US server but also on the European server, since it had to be reinstalled.t
thx for that info all package up. i'll get at it right away.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » [FHSW] North America (r) (Lets build up a new FHSW chapter)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: