[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2017-11-21, 11:38 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Hello,

IP:    59.106.213.202
Port: 14567

Kabu.server on gametracker

This here seems to be the new main server for FHSW in Japan. After the decline of Prince Umeboshi, IMO SABA was founded. But according to gametracker this server is totally inactive with no playerbase whatsoever.
Kabu however has lots of players on a daily basis but they are only active for about 2 hours. Their meetings go from 1pm - 3pm CET+1 and no ping limits seem to be applied for now.

Yesterday I was able to play there with a ping of around 270 (I'm located in Germany) which makes basic gameplay a bit limited to anything but high level infantry and airplanes. However the connection was stable and I could participate at some matches with no problems.

They also tested a few of our FHSW Mappack 1 custom maps and according to some discussions on Twitter (google translation) I believe that they may consider putting some levels in their map rotation (Depends on popularity, playability and originality). Our FHSW mappack 1 for 0.61 discussion thread
I have no idea what happened to IMO SABA but Kabu is now the place to go. Although their player base seems to be smaller compared to Umeboshi a few years ago.

The server rules might be the same as always. Please behave properly and do NOT switch teams! If you join the server and are on allied team STAY there till the end of the match. Same goes for axis team. Misbehaviour will be punished with kicks and bans.

Message edited by Xenanab - Tuesday, 2017-11-21, 1:07 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2017-11-21, 2:50 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant General
thx for that informations!

Anyhow possible to get the serverrules from anywhere?!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2017-11-21, 4:33 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
It is nice to hear that they use our mappack -this way we give the Japanese community something back smile

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

xxpollenzxxDate: Wednesday, 2017-11-22, 1:03 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
No ping limit!! Yeah!

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2017-11-26, 5:48 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
Anyhow possible to get the serverrules from anywhere?!

No idea honestly. But if you follow our rules you are good to go; they seem to enforce an ruleset comparable to ours.
And I really have to stress again: Never switch teams ! Accept the team you are in when joining the server and roll with it. They don't like it when balance gets spoiled.

Today more than 50 players were online and they might put mappack maps on the rotation on Mondays to test them out in a normal play environment.

I have also discovered that a ping limit at 400 is enabled, so watch out for that.
Still I was never kicked when playing there the last days.

Another interesting bit: I have found the Japanese forum topic where they share ssm data for the kabu.server. You can already find something for Midway-1942.
imosaba forum for ssm

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2017-11-26, 5:51 PM

Азиза_АзизиDate: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 4:13 PM | Message # 6
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Quote Xenanab ()
I have no idea what happened to IMO SABA but Kabu is now the place to go. Although their player base seems to be smaller compared to Umeboshi a few years ago.

I've been playing for a long time but was forced to quit when Prince Umeboshi closed down and IMO Saba took its place. The person who runs IMO should be no stranger to regular Umeboshi players, being that one moderator who always uncannily ranks top of every match.

Since he was admin of IMO, everything went downhill fast when he started dishing out bans if he "didn't like you" as evident with the drama on Twitter or IRC, or if he suspected you were a dirty foreigner. Speaking English in chat would get you kickbanned in quick order if he was in the mood.

Hostile environment, bad ssm, sanctioned cheating, nonsense drama. Needless to say, less and less people started showing up, game times decreased from 2+ hours to 1, and he was still cheating the game to death with 20-30 players.

Finally came the ping limit set at <150ms to keep the foreigners out. cranky

Thanks for telling us about the new server. I hope FHSW grows from now on, seeing how there's a new Chinese server.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 4:51 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant General
Ah freaky news from the other side of the earth. Everytime a good idea to give people some kind of power to discover their true face ... reminds me to Grabbi btw tease

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 7:23 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
@Азиза_Азизи

Wow, that's sad to hear!
I guess you will be welcomed on Kabu since they really like to see a growth of regular players again.

Really odd that this one guy (I think I know who you mean) managed to ruin the Japanese FHSW community which is also a passionate fanbase of Battlefield 1942 as a whole.
Player numbers on Kabu are certainly not as fantastic as on Prince Umeboshi back then (around 70+ players every evening) but I hope they will prevail all odds.

Thank you very much for the insight you provided!

They seem to look for new maps that are suitable for lower player numbers in order to insure a better future experience for a shrinking player base!

wmf0504Date: Sunday, 2019-05-05, 12:59 PM | Message # 9
Private
Can anybody tell me where to download all new maps on servers, thanks.

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2019-05-05, 6:34 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
NICE information, I already knew a bit of this, about the new maps and a server that is full of players the nights there in Japan. sometimes I go to the server but here for morn it's still morning, and on weekends I usually sleep a little more. xD

discord from the Japanese server where they are working on the maps.
https://discord.gg/4NxAnQS

Quote wmf0504 ()
Can anybody tell me where to download all new maps on servers, thanks.

here it is, https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kLlLkLSxy3jfJpaF_d-i5SnCsvs0SXg/view MapPack 1

new custom maps / mappacks: Final submissions for the custom map event have closed, download the following maps for use in the custom map event on May 4th 8pm JPN time!https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9nrwqY7OTIoBtCh-2o5UA5PnjCgDYnhand
https://drive.google.com/drive....m5HG2Ft (bugfix patches May 3)

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

wmf0504Date: Monday, 2019-05-06, 1:00 PM | Message # 11
Private
Thanks.

abbcheese_Date: Monday, 2019-07-29, 9:13 AM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 3
Latest version of the Japanese mappack (updated June)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14kLlLkLSxy3jfJpaF_d-i5SnCsvs0SXg

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2019-08-11, 3:03 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
abbcheese_, thx man

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-01-19, 4:32 PM | Message # 14
Captain
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
Yeah thanks for that do maps get updated frequently do you know.

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-01-19, 4:35 PM | Message # 15
Captain
also picked up on few words and what they mean:
sinda = destroyed
tora = tiger
ugoku = move
arigatou = thanks
otu = bye

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-01-19, 4:41 PM | Message # 16
Captain
Damn why is it showing my e-mail as username ahhhhh

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2020-01-19, 5:37 PM | Message # 17
Colonel
Quote rumpirate100 ()
Damn why is it showing my e-mail as username ahhhhh
this also happened to me, you need to change your profile in the profile editor. but to change your user you would have to ask a responsible admin. 

http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/2-755-1#16299 admin list- Bubu and Marduk has all rights. Speak with them!

jeanstonezeDate: Sunday, 2020-01-19, 8:46 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant
Awards: 7
By the way, they did a short jpn-eng-chn vocabulary with their most used words https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnsdkRxU4AA3exp.jpg:orig

Jan Paul a.k.a. DALlDA

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-01-22, 0:45 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
Awards: 22
Quote jeanstoneze ()
By the way, they did a short jpn-eng-chn vocabulary with their most used words https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnsdkRxU4AA3exp.jpg:orig

That is useful. Thanks!

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Wednesday, 2020-01-22, 1:49 AM | Message # 20
Captain
Ye thanks, I don't say much on there because it feels out of place to speak English, also I'm usually dead and respawning, also also the japs are kind of scary.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: