[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Mappack 4 (m) (Mappack 4 construction area)
Mappack 4 (m)
mardukDate: Friday, 2018-12-28, 2:52 PM | Message # 21
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
I haven't played the map yet. I only wanted to point out that, when you want to change the ship layout, the video I posted will be a great help because it shows the positions of all ships, how often they got hit, etc.

@Bubu: Saturday, 5 PM, sounds fine for me.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Friday, 2018-12-28, 2:55 PM | Message # 22
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
Okay thanks

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

bubuDate: Friday, 2018-12-28, 4:47 PM | Message # 23
Colonel
Awards: 31
Haha, yep, both of you are correct.

There is a choice: Changing the map will create inconsistency from the map Japanese run on their server, i.e. players that play on both servers will not be able to play on Japanese server in case they use our map.
I just wanted to point this out because E-3 said this multiple times.

The fact is that I think we need to change the map to be at least a bit more historic as it is possible with this kind of map. So I am 100% supportive of the change.

Moreover, I think that Japanese community might welcome this change and use our map instead, and therefore there would be no inconsistency anymore? Maybe someone could offer them the changed version after we release it?

starking018Date: Saturday, 2018-12-29, 10:55 AM | Message # 24
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I'm up for testing. I may start exploring maps at an earlier hour.

I see that you have excluded The_Zoo but I think that this may be premature. Perhaps there are a few interesting aspects of the map which you have overlooked so far, and which make the map worth more testing before deciding whether to include it or not. The map differs greatly from Cruik first of all in the lack of air power. This makes breaking through strong defences simpler on Cruik, however there are smart ways to achieve that on The_Zoo too. There are a few ways for both Allied and Axis tanks to go around and/or climb to the hills around the arena and attack/defend from advantageous positions and with the element of surprise. I played this map just once on the Japanese server (maybe it was the first time they played it) and there were at least 50 players. I was the first and only Allied tank driver to climb (only 1 more infantryman followed) in that whole round. The round ended quickly with Allies only able to neutralize flag 2, but it would go a lot more interestingly if this aspect of the map was exploited more. Another quite important unique aspect of the map is that the Allies get a Churchill AVRE with a gas turbine (or whatever) which makes the tank quite a lot faster than any of the other tanks. Allies also have an AMX-50 (which is also relatively fast) and a modified M18 with a higher speed and a 90mm gun. This enables tactics such as rushing the flags at high speed, and deploying smokescreens at appropriate points (by the Churchill and AMX-50's smoke dischargers and maybe by infantry). There are some other customized vehicles which I have not explored yet.

I think that the map The_Zoo is worth more careful evaluation and certainly shouldn't be disabled on the test server (unless it is unstable).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

twistedkebabfaceDate: Saturday, 2018-12-29, 11:56 AM | Message # 25
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
Can someone give the link for Pearl Harbour, please, since download link on jap site is outdated.

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

starking018Date: Saturday, 2018-12-29, 1:41 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Better download the archive Bubu made, because it also contains maps which are not in the other archives, such as The_Last_Blitz (where did this map come from?):

Quote bubu ()
Also: All maps from the spreadsheet in one, in total 24 maps, link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wl-08Vp_oOq-rX0bQCk5pupEWLsr50BN

But then you may also need to download the first archive, 2018_11_10_CMpack.zip, because of the map polish_resistance, which is corrupted in Bubu's archive (it's the same size but all null bytes, how did this happen?) and the map the_zoo which I think we should test:

Quote rickardsv ()
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12nL6E6cvW0f8NVumS0wUSQW7xtpTsu90/view
(BGM is custom music and goes into Battlefield 1942\Mods\FHSW\music)

@Bubu, please fix polish_resistance and include the_zoo. Also the test server has been offline for 2 hours. I may start my own.

Message edited by starking018 - Saturday, 2018-12-29, 1:43 PM

mardukDate: Saturday, 2018-12-29, 2:41 PM | Message # 27
General
@Bubu: please share a correct download link with all the maps included as starking suggested. I will link my post in the shoutbox to the download!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Saturday, 2018-12-29, 3:01 PM | Message # 28
Colonel
On it.

Added (2018-12-29, 2:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Uploading. Added zoo map but it is literally cruik map changed to be tank battle only. smile

Added (2018-12-29, 2:09 PM)

Quote starking018 ()
The_Last_Blitz (where did this map come from?)
I think it is from the archive 3 that Tropical posted. Not sure but it was definitely in one of the archives.

Added (2018-12-29, 2:09 PM)

Quote starking018 ()
Also the test server has been offline for 2 hours. I may start my own.
Will re-upload maps and restart.

Added (2018-12-29, 2:32 PM)
New link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K6Tnej3CWP-_XKjzbTBuROLDoSRAowxu

Added (2018-12-29, 2:40 PM)
Server is up.
Password is TEST.

Message edited by bubu - Saturday, 2018-12-29, 3:07 PM

Born-1942Date: Monday, 2018-12-31, 3:16 AM | Message # 29
Colonel
Awards: 16

it would be very nice to include this map in the mappack list, it is very interesting and it is also a part 2 for the battle of iwo jima! well I do not know where to find it, but it should have some Japanese website of fhsw maybe some mappack of them.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2019-01-01, 11:44 PM | Message # 30
Colonel
It looks like an ok map but without an rfa file, I am afraiid we cant do much Borni sad

Any feedback from testing guys? Trolli, Borni, Kebab?

Born-1942Date: Monday, 2019-01-07, 1:39 AM | Message # 31
Colonel
Awards: 16
well I did not see all the maps because I had to leave but I tested about 7 maps they are:

Alpine_Line-1940.rfa
battle_of_foy_classic2.rfa
Hellendoorn-1944.rfa
The_Last_Blitz.rfa
konstantinovsk-1942.rfa
Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor.rfa
Battle_of_Cebu_Island.rfa

well it seems to me that some maps like The Last Blitz can undergo changes, because I believe that it needs more vehicles because it is a very big map and its amount of vehicles is very small. these maps I've seen are working correctly! no one was disconnected or crashed.

Bubu I'll try to find the file of this iwo jima at night!

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2019-01-07, 3:20 AM | Message # 32
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
BTW what about the map EYE have in development ? Sewastopol ?!? Any progress there?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2019-01-07, 6:44 PM | Message # 33
General
Awards: 38
A bit of progress but not playable yet.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Friday, 2019-01-11, 5:49 PM | Message # 34
General
What about "Bridge at the River Kwai"?!
Why not make this map an objective map where the Blue team/British have to destroy the bridge (or parts of it) with several 50 lbs charges in order to win?
We could also put eyes train on it that spawns after 20 mins or so and if red team/Japanese manages to get it over the bridge they win.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Saturday, 2019-01-12, 2:01 PM | Message # 35
Colonel
That would be insanely great map surprised  But I guess we should leave that for some later time this year? xD

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2019-01-12, 4:32 PM | Message # 36
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Yes, a map with that features would be really great! I agree to hold that back 4 later this year hopefully with the map EYE is working on ?!  wink

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

waldhurzakDate: Friday, 2019-01-18, 3:09 AM | Message # 37
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
Please take into account for mappack3 this maps: (its only few mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/file....ile

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

Message edited by waldhurzak - Friday, 2019-01-18, 3:17 AM

starking018Date: Friday, 2019-01-18, 3:14 PM | Message # 38
Colonel
On the 29th we had only a few players (around 4) but we did test and play these maps a little. Here are my thoughts from my notes at the time and what I remember:

counterattack-1950.rfa
Good map. It's based on a good map which is quite playable with low player numbers, so the same holds true for the resulting map. We get a rare chance to play with the French cold war era tanks such as AMX50 pitted against late German tanks. AMX50 is quite strong overall, but the Axis have a Jagdtiger II, which has a very good cannon. Still, I'm a little concerned that the map may turn out to be slightly unbalanced in Allied favor, but this can be fixed with the addition of a second Jagdtiger II, a light bomber or a helicopter or perhaps even a Maus. One characteristic of the map is that the narrow town streets and passages can be a problem for the larger tanks, but this does not make it a bad map.
I think that it would be a fun, interesting and often played map.

Alpine_Line-1940.rfa
The map is unchanged from the last version. My personal opinion of the map is that it is simply boring to play on, however I see no reason not to include it.

battle_of_foy_classic2.rfa
This version (I think that it is very different from the one we had in a previous mappack) takes advantage of some nice FHSW vehicles and weapons which turns it into a decent very small urban tank and infantry map. I think that it would add another good often played map in the mix and increase variety. It has to be played to be judged more thoroughly.

Hellendoorn-1944.rfa
The intention of this map seems to be to closely recreate the map from the Secret Weapons of World War II Demo with its specialty Natter and jetpacks, and with FHSW versions of the generic vehicles and weapons but without adding any exotic FHSW stuff. Here are a couple of issues I found with the map, which I hope can be fixed:
* There are no parachutes in the kits with which players spawn, and no parachute kits to pick up. As you know, in the original game players always spawn with parachutes, so this difference with the original seems odd. The Natter has very limited fuel and no landing gear, therefore a parachute is highly desirable, necessary for most. In my opinion a parachute in every kit is the preferable solution, and a tolerable and justifiable one for this particular map, for fun and for nostalgia. On the other hand, the map is already very close to the original and with parachutes in every kit the gameplay would perhaps be too close to SWWWII's to justify playing the map on a FHSW server.
* The Natter's fuel indicator is misleading (I think this may have carried over from the original). I think that a working fuel indicator would be very nice and there has to be a possible fix or workaround for this.
Overall I think that it would be a popular and fun map.

The_Last_Blitz.rfa
A few players noted that the map can benefit from transport vehicles at more of the flags, as the flags are numerous and cover a long distance. The map is relatively large and probably requires many players. I personally didn't find the map very interesting. It has to be played with large numbers to be evaluated.

konstantinovsk-1942.rfa
It's a push map which may make it look like it could be playable with few players, but it's not. There are three flags '3' all of which (or at least one of them) can be recaptured, so after the first 2 flags are captured I guess it's more like a regular conquest map with 3 flags. It looks like a map with a large playable area, but it's not. The main reason is the terrain. The terrain on this map truly sucks, and looks ridiculous too. All the river banks are deliberately made impassable for anything (and there are no bridges). This forces all Axis ground advances to happen through a narrow piece of land in the middle. Axis forces can come from only this one way, whereas I think Allies have options to flank the recapturable flags from multiple directions, if desired. So far I was hoping for a better terrain and flag layout, but it is possible that I get to appreciate the map as a whole more once I explore and test it more thoroughly. There are a few vehicles that I like.

Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor.rfa
We need a map like this. A few things to note:
* You can't spawn on every American ship, it takes time to get on board but this is historically accurate.
* The American PT boat can reach the south-east coast and attack one carrier there, but I don't think that this is enough to sink it, nor is it too hard to sink this PT boat which can be detected on the minimap by the enemy. So this should be OK.
* The American PT boat (maybe other vehicles too) is not team-locked and this has to be fixed.
After fixing this last issue (and anything else we might find) I think it will be a good map.

Battle_of_Cebu_Island.rfa
This is a nice naval battle with new special vehicles, such as the so-called midget submarines carried on top of some Japanese submarines. There's the major inconvenience of not having a separately selectable spawn point for each of the vessels, and you can't even swim and climb onto one of the Allied carriers. It would help a lot if this spawn point problem can be fixed. Also, some players found some texture problem on some submarine (I haven't seen it). I think it's a good map nevertheless.

On_the_moon-1969
E-3 already knows about things to be done (it's an unfinished map), but I'll repeat some things I found, just in case:
* The black reticles/crosshairs in some of the vehicles cannot be used against the black sky background, so I suggest either changing their color or enabling the normal crosshair (which can have its color customized in the menu) the way it is in the vehicles in vanilla Battlefield 1942, for example.
* The flying vehicles need to have all their external cameras available (when tested the Shinden didn't have the fly-by camera enabled), as it is with all other vehicles in FHSW.
* One time I fell on top of the DMC car (I think that I was holding E to enter, but didn't enter) and it killed me, even though if I had fallen anywhere else around it with that speed I would have easily survived. I suspect that the damage when colliding with this and other vehicles needs to be adjusted to match the damage when colliding with the terrain and other objects.
In my opinion it will be a fun map, more fun than the original.

Jungle_in_Leyte.rfa
This map has the terrain and flag layout of Chartres. It's like a Chartres in an Asian rural setting with only infantry weapons which are imbalanced in Allied favor (Winchester shotgun, BAR, Thompson and Garand against only Arisakas). No offence to those who like that kind of gameplay, but even if the weapons were balanced I wouldn't consider it a good map befitting the Battlefield 1942 engine and especially not the FHSW mod. I certainly wouldn't want to play it.

mardukDate: Friday, 2019-01-18, 3:59 PM | Message # 39
General
@starking: Thanks for your comments! I didn't take part in the testing process but here are some of my thoughts nevertheless.

counterattack-1950.rfa
I would prefer putting a second Jagdtiger II on it instead of a Maus (I hardly believe Allies would have used that super-heavy tank).

Hellendoorn-1944.rfa
I suggest to make one of the characters to be chosen a pilot or put a pilot kit right next to the Natter.

konstantinovsk-1942.rfa
Because there are no other 1942 Eastern front maps (apart from the Stalingrad maps) I would like this map to be played on our server.

Jungle_in_Leyte.rfa
The description reminds me of the map Operation Forager. They seem to be quite similar. Maybe it is better than Op. Forager, then we could remove the latter one from the circle and keep this one instead.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Saturday, 2019-01-19, 6:23 PM | Message # 40
Colonel
Quote waldhurzak ()
Please take into account for mappack3 this maps: (its only few mb)http://www.mediafire.com/file....ile

Rafal, Are those FHSW versions of those vanilla maps? surprised

Btw, thanks Trolli and Marduk for feedback.

So I tested these maps locally:
Battleaxe
= Works.

Bocage
= Vanilla Bocage, I am so surprised this worked. Both teams can spawn, no issues on local.

Coral Sea
= Axis have 2 carries on which they can spawn. Allies start with no spawn points. We would need to add 2 carriers. Maybe it would be worth changing all carriers into objectives and have a huge air battle, much like Battle of britain on sea. What do you think?

Market Garden
= Vanilla Market Garden as name says... works. Both sides can spawn.

Stalingrad
= Vanilla version of Stalingrad, works fine, no problems.

Zielona Gora
= Works as well.

I think we could bring all these vanilla maps back in. I have many great memories from these maps and it was always my dream to play them again happy  Thanks Rafal for sending this pack!

Message edited by bubu - Saturday, 2019-01-19, 7:01 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Mappack 4 (m) (Mappack 4 construction area)
Search: