[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
New mappack for 0.61 (m)
bubuDate: Thursday, 2017-07-13, 4:09 PM | Message # 101
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Quote Joni_Killer ()
I think what need set teamlock for all Heavy Vehicle and planes.

As Xeni explained many times, this is impossible as counter spawn vehicles cannot be locked sad Bad bf engine bad, we should ban EA games happy

Joni_KillerDate: Thursday, 2017-07-13, 5:53 PM | Message # 102
Lieutenant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 4
Quote bubu ()
cannot be locked
Well, maybe his can spawn when ticket ration gone to 300. In both force. Because i think what that can make imba situations.

Joni_Killer aka Infantry General Jon_Killer aka Major Jon_Killer

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2017-07-13, 10:07 PM | Message # 103
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote bubu ()
For Stashuv:

Is there any possibility of removing that awesome bug when you can jump from a tank onto a flag cage and stand on top of flag?

I remember pretty well it should kill the player after jumping into the flag cage, shouldn't it? unsure

The push cage is basically invisible sphere with diameter of 5m hence you can jump and even walk on it.

Quote crazygamelover ()
I'll see what I can do. I think I need to add a killerCage to each flag, but idk how those work wacko

Here is pretty good description of how push mode works.

Quote crazygamelover ()
I dunno what the object is called. Radio, do you know?

I don't recall anything like that, The closest to this is "Can't cap" icon, but that one automatically shows up on minimap when push cage is active and is the case on this map from the start. You can simply it on the minimap, though I believe there are already several such markings on it.

crazygameloverDate: Thursday, 2017-07-13, 10:41 PM | Message # 104
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
I don't recall anything like that, The closest to this is "Can't cap" icon, but that one automatically shows up on minimap when push cage is active and is the case on this map from the start. You can simply it on the minimap, though I believe there are already several such markings on it.

It's a little sign on the flag pole itself that may say "Allies can't recap" or "Axis can't recap" of whatever. I believe there's one on the first flag of Alpenfestung, for example. In any case, it's not absolutely necessary since it is indicated on the map (even though it's misspelled biggrin ).

XenanabDate: Friday, 2017-07-14, 8:30 PM | Message # 105
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Thank you very much for looking into these maps. I wouldn't have the patience for it.

Much appreciated!

CanukAttakDate: Tuesday, 2017-07-18, 7:05 PM | Message # 106
Captain
Group: Friends
Awards: 9
I would like to see the. Spa from rtr and sw. They have a good range of small to semi big maps. They might be old maps, but adding fhsw vehicles and play styles, I think would make it worth while.

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2017-11-25, 11:10 PM | Message # 107
Colonel
So whats the status of this project right now? I've got Sittang, Lilliput, Stashuv, Spurning Fate, and now Luzon ready for player testing.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2017-11-26, 11:19 AM | Message # 108
Colonel
Unfortunatley I hadn't had time and motivation to work on the stuff i wrote down months ago.

We could set a testing date on the temporary FHSW Europe server with your maps.
Maps like Stashuv and Luzon must be assured to not crash clients and servers.

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2017-11-26, 11:53 AM

bubuDate: Sunday, 2017-11-26, 2:03 PM | Message # 109
Colonel
Sure, just PMme the time n day we can test it, send me the maps in .rar and I'll get them running on the test server smile

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-11-26, 3:13 PM | Message # 110
General
Awards: 45
@crazy: thx for your work on those maps!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2017-11-26, 6:55 PM | Message # 111
Colonel
@bubu: Okay I sent you the maps

I'm free on Sundays, you guys can decide what date to test the maps. In this mappack, should we also include maps that don't work in their current version? Idk about the status of Seelow and Battle of Britain, but if they reliably crash the server then we could add the older, more stable iterations in mappack 2.0?

bubuDate: Monday, 2017-11-27, 0:25 AM | Message # 112
Colonel
We could try the old Bocage or Market Garden, BoB. Those three maps are in my opinion worth testing and adding so there are more vanilla maps to pick from rather than just el ala or midway :P

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-11-27, 8:04 AM | Message # 113
General
Please not Bocage. Bocage without Bocage is not Bocage, it's like Arnhem without bridge or Rheinübung without Bismarck - it's a shit map!

...or you are willing to put 1.000 bushes and trees on it in order to make it Bocage.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-11-29, 5:26 PM | Message # 114
Colonel
Yeah, comeback of upgraded bocage with hedgerows arranged in square motives, a bit of slight fog with the map set in the morning time/at dusk and perhaps a small hill with a new flag for axis bunker position with Flak88s....sorta reassembling the Company of heroes bocage-styled level of Hill 192. Does that sound any better or not at all?
If I remember well, there was a large field north of axis mainbase with absolutely nothing on it, not even a grass XD and it was the most pointless part of that map, so that could be a good location for the "hill 192 remake"...

(yes, I loved company of heroes lol biggrin )

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2017-11-29, 6:41 PM | Message # 115
General
Bubu, that sounds really good and since you already know how it will look like you should mod that map!! biggrin
(+replace B17 with B17-Bomberkit)

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-11-29, 7:12 PM | Message # 116
Colonel
XD Too bad I don't know how to mod the maps sad

@Gameplayer: I think we could plan the testing of the maps u sent me on this Sunday (3rd December) before event, would that be ok?

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2017-11-29, 8:34 PM | Message # 117
Colonel
Most likely I won't be participating at this play testing. Really busy with studies and so on at the moment...

Maybe you should open a new thread where this new mappack addition can be discussed. This here was meant to be our 1st one for 0.61, so a new thread with the title
"Mappack 2 for 0.61" and a collection of all map edits/screenshots/loading screens would be more suitable smile

Message edited by Xenanab - Wednesday, 2017-11-29, 8:37 PM

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2017-12-02, 3:39 AM | Message # 118
Colonel
Quote bubu ()
I think we could plan the testing of the maps u sent me on this Sunday (3rd December) before event, would that be ok?
Ok, sounds good

Quote Xenanab ()
Maybe you should open a new thread where this new mappack addition can be discussed. This here was meant to be our 1st one for 0.61, so a new thread with the title"Mappack 2 for 0.61" and a collection of all map edits/screenshots/loading screens would be more suitable

Done: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-892-1

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
Search: