[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
New mappack for 0.61 (m)
Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 1:17 AM | Message # 81
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
U mean "Operation blacknight" ?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Born-1942Date: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 2:39 AM | Message # 82
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
Quote crazygamelover ()
The map itself takes place at night, and contains all these weapons as a special German night-vision unit defends (probably German soil) against a massive attack of Russian heavy armor. While the Russians have the advantage in sheer numbers, the Germans have a technological advantage with their NVGs. This equipment is found only on this map, and I thought it would be a shame to not have it included in FHSW.
Oh thanks, now I understood then it also means that this map is fictitious because this technology did not exist at the time.

Quote Joni_Killer ()
kek. i want saw vanilla Eagle Nest with really WWII vehicle and kits. Not actual 1946 year.
I like maps so fictitious, as long as it is a map adapted for this that is not of some real historical fact.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

(HH)BenjaminDate: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 2:47 AM | Message # 83
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
Operation blacknight

Yes, that's the one.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 2:52 AM | Message # 84
Lieutenant General
Quote luiscarlosred ()
Oh thanks, now I understood then it also means that this map is fictitious because this technology did not exist at the time.

It did exist (look at the fotos!) and it saw action (just ask aunt google). The map is quite old (from around 2006) and was, if I remember correct, part of mappack 6 from vanilla FH but very "bright" for a nightmap, so that the night vision was not really necessary or even an advantage for germans.
Just start regular FH and choose spurning fate and then compare it with FHSW spurning fate and there u stand really in the dark cool

Born-1942Date: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 5:16 AM | Message # 85
Colonel
It did exist (look at the fotos!) and it saw action (just ask aunt google).
Oh, it's true that it existed is a fact, but as I had thought it was during the end of the war being used a few times and the Germans abandoned this project after the war, of course, but it was enough to cause some damage to enemies.

Thank you for letting me know. I really did not know about it.

The map is quite old (from around 2006) and was, if I remember correct, part of mappack 6 from vanilla FH but very "bright" for a nightmap, so that the night vision was not really necessary or even an advantage for germans. Just start regular FH and choose spurning fate and then compare it with FHSW spurning fate and there u stand really in the dark
Ok I'll search and get to know this map. thx!  biggrin

Joni_KillerDate: Thursday, 2017-05-04, 8:15 AM | Message # 86
Lieutenant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 4
Blacknight used Alpenfestung terrain.

Joni_Killer aka Infantry General Jon_Killer aka Major Jon_Killer

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-17, 2:21 PM | Message # 87
Colonel
So far a lot of people have downloaded the mappack already. I am really impressed by this!

I wanted to ask if it is possible to add download links also on:

- the FHSWikia
- the moddb installation guide for FHSW

That would also make sure that newer players find and install the mappack.
I also believe that the FHSWikia would be good to share the mappack with the japanese community too.

Also feedback / ideas on the current and next mappack can be made here too, but keep in mind that balance suggestions better belong in the ssm thread.

Can someone also edit the thread title to: "Mappacks for 0.61" ?

Message edited by Xenanab - Wednesday, 2017-05-17, 2:24 PM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-17, 4:20 PM | Message # 88
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
- the FHSWikia
Done.

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2017-05-17, 7:04 PM | Message # 89
Colonel
I was wondering if anyone has this map fht operation longcloth-1943 I do not have and would like to have could pass me? thx  smile

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Wednesday, 2017-05-17, 7:05 PM

mardukDate: Friday, 2017-05-26, 8:51 AM | Message # 90
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Maybe it is possible to bring back Battle of Luzon (a small-sized infantry map) in a later version of the mappack.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2017-07-07, 2:51 PM | Message # 91
Colonel
Awards: 13
I hope so Marduk! And Kota Bharu too. Have we tried running older versions (0.5 or earlier) of problematic maps like Stashuv & Luzon on the test server to see if they still crash as well?

Added (2017-07-07, 1:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Sittang Bridge
-added pilot kits to Brit & Jap airfields
-replaced one Ki-27B with Ki-27A (fighter variant)
-removed one Defiant
-added towable 47mm/6 pounder AT gun at Airbase Base
-made Japanese Command Post a permanent Jap flag
-added towable 75mm at Japanese Command Post
-added some horses for Japs
-readded Stuart at Airfield Base
-added stationary 15cm howitzer at Jap main (3-4 minute respawn)
-added Ki-45 spotter kit at Jap main, spawns when Brits cap Airfield Base

The Japanese now have essentially 2 main bases, this will hopefully focus combat around the middle section of the map. There are only 3 flags now, but each team needs to hold all of them in order to cause ticket bleed for the other side. With the improvement of most HEAT weapons in 0.61, the Japanese now have a fighting chance with their satchel charges; it only takes 1 on the side/back of a Stuart to destroy it. In any case, I added a few more field guns just to give the Japs a better chance at defending. The 15cm howitzer may turn out to be a bit OP, so thats why I gave it such a long respawn time.

Also, bubu and I tested Stashuv Area for about an hour and had no performance issues. We tested the 0.42 version and found some bugged vehicles that I may need help fixing (maybe I'll pm you Xen tongue ), but the map itself didn't lag or crash the server. Idk about bubu, but I was running it with Radio's S&T pack and the 4GB patch installed and the game ran fine. So that's good!

bubuDate: Friday, 2017-07-07, 5:35 PM | Message # 92
Colonel
Awards: 31
Quote crazygamelover ()
Idk about bubu, but I was running it with Radio's S&T pack and the 4GB patch installed and the game ran fine. So that's good!
I had no S&T pack running and no 4GB patch installed - I'm on 64bit Win7, 4GB of RAM. Runs like watches, only heats up my room hahaha happy

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2017-07-07, 9:28 PM | Message # 93
Lieutenant General
What about market Garden ?

bubuDate: Friday, 2017-07-07, 9:53 PM | Message # 94
Colonel
I miss the old Market Garden sad  I still remember the awesome fights with a firefly there and madness of C47 drops over the city lol!

Very nice idea Robert !!

mardukDate: Saturday, 2017-07-08, 8:20 AM | Message # 95
General
Awards: 45
Market Garden would really need some improvements though. More houses in the city should be accessible for example.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Joni_KillerDate: Tuesday, 2017-07-11, 8:47 PM | Message # 96
Lieutenant
Quote crazygamelover ()
Also, bubu and I tested Stashuv Area for about an hour and had no performance issues. We tested the 0.42 version and found some bugged vehicles that I may need help fixing (maybe I'll pm you Xen ), but the map itself didn't lag or crash the server. Idk about bubu, but I was running it with Radio's S&T pack and the 4GB patch installed and the game ran fine. So that's good!
I want test to!

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2017-07-12, 7:20 PM | Message # 97
Colonel
Stashuv Area
This map seems to be fixed now. Bubu and I tested it many times and never ran into any lag or server crashes. I used the 0.42 version of Stashuv for testing/editing, but since I doubt anyone remembers the asset layout from that time I'll just summarize the asset situation including all my edits.

-Russians start with 2x IS-2s, a few T-34(late models), a few T-34-85, 1x towable ML-20, 1x Spawn-M3A1, some trucks/jeeps/horses
-German mainbase starts with a (teamlocked)KingTiger, 1x Pz.IIL, some APCs/jeeps, and a towable-Flak 88
-there are StuGs, Hetzers, Marder IIs, towable Pak-40/38s throughout the map
-as Russians capture more flags, they get more and more tanks like 1x KV-1C, a few more T-34-85s, 1x IS-2, 1x SU-85M, etc. These spawn at the flags themselves
-as Russians capture more, a max of 3x Panzer IVH and 2x Tiger I's spawn gradually.
-Zarez and Yablonitsa flag-points were moved closer to enterable buildings so they can be defended for effectively by infantry

I made barely any changes to this map, apart from bug-fixes. I'm just happy that it works now biggrin 
I think I'm happy enough with the map layout to call it ready-ish. Now next on the list: Luzon!

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-07-12, 7:31 PM | Message # 98
Colonel
For Stashuv:

Is there any possibility of removing that awesome bug when you can jump from a tank onto a flag cage and stand on top of flag?

I remember pretty well it should kill the player after jumping into the flag cage, shouldn't it? unsure 

Also add a plaque to uncap flags saying "Axis can't recap". Would that be possible?

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2017-07-12, 9:25 PM | Message # 99
Colonel
Quote bubu ()
Is there any possibility of removing that awesome bug when you can jump from a tank onto a flag cage and stand on top of flag?I remember pretty well it should kill the player after jumping into the flag cage, shouldn't it?
I'll see what I can do. I think I need to add a killerCage to each flag, but idk how those work wacko 

Quote bubu ()
Also add a plaque to uncap flags saying "Axis can't recap". Would that be possible?

I dunno what the object is called. Radio, do you know?

Joni_KillerDate: Thursday, 2017-07-13, 1:28 PM | Message # 100
Lieutenant
I think what need set teamlock for all Heavy Vehicle and planes. And maybe need add self-propelled howitzer to both team?

Added (2017-07-13, 12:28 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote marduk ()
More houses in the city
Can be accident how in happened FHT Dinat. FPS dropping by more shadows and models.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
Search: