[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
mardukDate: Friday, 2017-05-19, 10:47 AM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
For everybody: Please feel free to post suggestions for serverside modding.
For modders: Please explicitly post the intended changes in this thread before applying them.

Applied SSMs:

A Day of Zitadelle
  • Reinstated Ferdinand; spawn is attached to the hut flag, so once Germans cap it, it won't respawn anymore
  • Removed Bergetiger
  • Removed fly-by Stukas and Il2-s

Alaska
  • replaced B29 kit with 2 P51 kits, with 40 second respawn instead of 100 seconds
  • increased maxnumberspawn of T29 to 2

Battle at River Don
  • Increased respawn time of 88 by 100 seconds, captured T-34's - by 30 seconds, Sd.Kfz.251 with Pak 40 - by 30 second

Battle of Angaur
  • Replaced Lion with Jenkins (Fletcher class destroyer)
  • Removed one of the additional Japanese spawn points in the woods (south of flag 5)
  • Removed Japanese spawn APC
  • Immobilized aircraft carrier
  • Replaced LST-1 with 2x LCT Mk 5 because it's bugged and causes lags

Battle of Foy
  • Allies now bleed until they capture flag 3
  • Decreased Goliath spawn time from 5.5 to 2.5 minutes
  • Increased minimal amount of players and time needed to capture last flag

Battle of Luzon
  • decreased respawn time of US vehicles

Battle over Hokkaido
  • Banzai kit that spawns in the tent at Axis main base now has an explosion power of SturmTiger's rocket
  • Two additional Tiger spawn

Berlin Outskirts
  • Changed Maus to Elephant

Bizerte
  • Hafthohlladung pickup kits
  • Gebalte Ladung in Italian AT kit is replaced with Kampfpistole (40 mm HEAT ammunition)

Breakthrough
  • Vehicle layout restored to pre-v0.6 state.

Bombing the Reich
  • lowered objective HP from 260.000 to 100.000
  • Ships' respawn time increased to 6 minutes.

Desert Rose
  • Replaced Bf 109G-2s with Bf 109G-6

Eagles Nest 1945
  • Doubled the respawn time of Greyhound
  • Added 15 seconds to the spawn time of Sherman w/ sandbags

Crete
  • Restored tickets to default FH0.7 values (25% more than in FHSW)
  • Changed flag values from to 40 to 25 (default in FH), so now Germans will have to capture only 2 flags instead of 3 to stop the bleed

Counterattack
  • French tanks in Germain main base replaced by Pz II/38 (t)

Eagles Nest 45
  • Slightly rotated Pak 40 near the tunnel flag so that it can fire on the road below

Eastern Blitz
  • Replaced one Pz. II with Pz. IV Ausf.
  • Decreased the total amount of spawnable Pz. IIIs at the same time from 2 to 1

El Alamein
  • replaced Leopard with Pz III Ausf. J
  • replaced towable Flak 18 with one on SdFkz 8 to avoid AA spamming
  • When Axis/Allies take North flag at the buildings in F1 spawns:
    -halftruck with permanent spawn
    -one stationary 88 mm gun (that also respawns when Allies take that flag)
    -two stationary PAKs (50 mm for Germans (with APCR rounds), 57 mm for Allies)
    -two MG-kits with mines
    -one sniper rifle
    -one 2 cm-/Bofors-Flak on the roof

Fall Gelb-1940
  • added killer cage around French which dissapears after Germans capture all other flags
  • fixed mobile Flak 18 and Stug double spawn
  • Char B1's spawn time decreased by 45 seconds
  • One of the R35 tanks replaced with a Somua S-35
  • Removed one remote Stuka kit, also they don't respawn anymore
  • increased (30%) bleedrate for both teams

Fall Weiß
  • Replaced Pz. III Ausf. E with Pz. IV Ausf. D

Fht Operation Dracula
  • Immobilized Allied carrier
  • Removed the British destroyer
  • Added Chi-Ha APC that spawns after Allies capture the docks flag

Guadalcanal
  • fixed a bug which made the Japanese cruiser Agano not spawn, now spawns when Allies take the village flag because the Allied cruiser also only spawns when the Japanese take that flag

Hungary Forest
  • Increased ticket ratio by 75%

Ilomantsi
  • Teamlocked ISU-152

In the Hell of Bocage
  • Decreased Firefly respawn time from 150 to 100 seconds

Kasserine Pass
  • Removed death zones at Allied base.

Kharkov Winter
  • added 2 Schwimmwagens to German main base
  • 37 mm AA gun now spawns when Soviets take hill flag
  • added SdKfz 10/5 instead of Kettenkrad with Flak 30
  • added M3A1 with towable Bofors for Soviets
  • removed obstacles at the north bridge
  • Changed Axis spotter kit to Ju 88 with bombload of 6x250kg and 28x50kg
  • added one sniper kit to each main base
  • peplaced Carro Armato M13/40 and Semovente da 47/32 with Panzer IV
  • peplaced one of the fighters on both sides with Ju87D and IL2 respectively
  • added Flak 18 on Sd.Kfz. 8 chassis as countermeasure Soviet heavy tanks (spawns when they capture eastern flag)
  • Replaced Bf 109G-6 with Bf 109E

Khota Bharu
  • Bleed ratio increased by the 20% percent for both teams

Operation Forager
  •  D4 flag removed

Operation Goodwood
  • The double Tortoise spawner now releases only one tank

Op. Kikusui Day 1
  • Removed wrenches from Japanese kits
  • Lowered Yamato HP from 108k to 98k (the lowest option availible in map files)

Op. Kikusui Day 2
  • Moved American fleet and spawnrotator planes closer to the Japanese base.

Pakfront
  • Churchill Kangaroo in Russian main base does not respawn once the flag is capped by Germans.

Midway
  • Replaced usual Daihatsu boats on Tsurumi oiler with tanks and field guns
  • Added one halftruck to each flag on the island
  • Added spawnable AT kit for Allies
  • Increased the range of sight from 500 to 1000m
  • Axis are in poccession of sea flags from the start
  • respawn time of submarines increased to 2 mins
  • self-destroy timer for unused ships removed

Raseiniai
  • Made flags marked by number 4 on the minimap recappable

Reichsbahn
  • Removed Jagdtiger that spawns at 3rd flag
  • Replaced Maus with Jagdtiger

Sandstorm
  • Tiger with autoloading cannon now counterspawns in Axis main base

Saipan
  • Moved plane spawnpoints at the last flag, so they don't explode immediately after spawning.
  • Increased time needed to capture flags from 10 to 15 seconds.

Seelow Heights
  • Axis reinforcements (spawn-PZ IV + 2 * Panther and 2 * Stug) spawn on the road leading from the southeastern border of the map when Axis main gets taken

Stalingrad Redsquare
  • four flags removed
  • train remove

Stashuv Area
  • Changed Soviet assault kit with PPSh to officer's kit w/ binoculars
  • Added sniper kit to the Soviet main base (in one of the tents)
  • teamlocked ISU-152

The Merville Battery
  • Increased the bleedrate by 30%

The Nebelwerfer Hunt
  • Removed "Giesskanne"

Trois Points
  • Replaced usual 6pdr's with longer barrel version

Tulagi Island
  • Increased tickets amount by 100%

Westminster 1942
  • Additional Typhoon w/ rockets kit, which spawns near a pile of barrels at British main base.

Westwall
  • Lowered insane Axis bleed from 100 to 8 tickets per min (twice as much as Allied)
  • Removed two SP Tortoises which spawn at the second flag
  • Slightly raised position of the static MG42 overlooking the wooden bridge at flag 2

Zveroboy
  • Restored missing knife in German AT kit

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk
  •  
    FranktheEraserDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 2:36 PM | Message # 301
    Lieutenant
    Group: Bronze Donator
    Awards: 5
    Proposed SSM:

Op.Spring Awakening:
    As said by Marduk this map needs SSM because Soviet tickets bleed plummeting down at the very beginning of the round.

Ilomantsi:
    In my humble opinion, Finnish tickets bleed very slow, even when russians take all the flags.

Kasserine:
    I feel very unfair that when Germans capture flag 4 (the last one), allied tickets bleed extremely fast, not giving much chance to allied survivors to recap it.

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 2:48 PM | Message # 302
    General
    I agree for Ilomantsi, but for Spring Awakening and Kasserine the statistics show that both maps are quite balanced the way they are.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

geclepramiDate: Thursday, 2019-02-07, 5:17 PM | Message # 303
    Lieutenant
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 3
    Desert Rose Add some AA (mobile AA on APC / Light Tank, and static AA) to the allied main base.

A problem is that while allies still got air options (carrier) after losing the air field, I feel it's difficult for them to get out of the base with vehicles. The vehicles they have in main are mostly crusaders,  M3 + M4 tanks, which are alright but rather slow, and I feel they are too easily intercepted by axis planes (axis have both their main airfield and the south one).

More importantly, allieds have only 1 light AA tank -- the one with the quadruple light MG -- and no static defenses except for the carrier AA. I propose, that if 1-2 bofors static AA could be added to the allied main to cover the tanks moving out that would help already. Maybe also add a second light AA tank in main? (Btw, axis have some 88s -- static + mobile -- as well as vierlings in their main)

I also would like to have some light fast tanks like the daimler in main -- I think there is one available in the southern airfield already, and I feel it would be more helpful to have it in main, since it's better suited to rush an attack rather to defend IMHO. Also, a daimler has a good chance of running away from enemy planes which is vital since the approach to the south flags is open flat terrain.

Minnie

Message edited by gecleprami - Thursday, 2019-02-07, 5:42 PM

starking018Date: Friday, 2019-02-08, 11:29 AM | Message # 304
    Colonel
    Group: Friends
    Awards: 22
    I agree, although allies do have a superior fighter (the Spitfire V) when the larger carrier spawns. But when they don't have it and they don't have the airfield flag either, it would be good to have something more to go after axis planes, apart from more static AA (Bofors or some heavy AA) in main. The question is which vehicle. A second vehicle with quad .30 would add little to no value considering that the one already there is not being used often because it is not very useful (low firepower, limited elevation, not very useful against other targets). A M16 (quad .50) would be much better and, I think, sufficient. The APC with Bofors would be stronger still, and a Mark V AA (dual 15mm) would be perhaps too much if it is added as a second such vehicle after the one spawning on the airfield, but it may be acceptable if the one on the airfield is removed or changed to something else (e.g. to the quad .30 one or to a M16).

As for the Daimler, I agree again about having one spawning in main. If this is done it may be good to do similarly for axis by having a 222 spawn in their main. These can be added on top of or as a replacement to the Daimler/222 that spawn on the airfield. But allies do need something to oppose tanks attacking the airfield (so maybe replace the airfield Daimler with a tank).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

XenanabDate: Friday, 2019-02-08, 1:27 PM | Message # 305
    Colonel
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    I have been catching up a bit about the Eagles Nest 1945 ssm discussion.

So, the gerneral sentiment now is that axis are too strong in their defences and allies need a buff ? That's really strange considering that I always had the impression that axis struggle to hold their lines at the tunnel flag already.

The thing how this map works is like I mentioned many times before: On almost any other late war attacker vs defender map the beginning is easier for the attackers. Counterspawns later will make it harder for the attackers to pull through however, making it actually easier for the defenders.
    With Eagles 45 I tried to set it in an opposite direction: The attckers struggle in the beginning. But when the path to the Nest is open, the defenders have a tougher job. In my opinion, defending is more exciting when there is always this kind of struggle and something is on the line.

The thing is, I always thought axis need better counterspawn equipment to win. What I always see is, that most players on axis dont know, that axis can only win by recapping flag 1 (axis military camp) and the settlement. When allies reach the tunnel, and they hold all previous flags the bleed will immediately stop and put axis in a situation where a counterattack is needed. And I always thought axis could need a bit more counterspawn material. Not too much, but a bit. The settlement is always open, so axis can try to backcap it while allies are pushing the tunnel. Imo this can lead to more tactics than just spawning on a trapped position (the Nest itself). I remember some people suggesting to block all the different pathways to the top of the mountain but the tunnel path. I think that would be terrible for both axis and allies, making the map extremely linear and like a meatgrinder (remember the aweful mountain passes at Reichsbahn ? Fun just evaporates).

So changing the pushmap system is definitely not intended. I made these decisions with a clear idea about mixing up the typical late war pushmap concept.

I would still say, axis counterspawns should come out faster, or are a bit stronger. (But please no heavy tanks for either side. For that 1946 exists).

And I don't think allies need the old respawn time of the Greyhound back. 2 Greyhounds spawn: 1 at the main, 1 at the checkpoint when the settlement or the camp got captured (cant remember which). Allies always have fast vehicles at their disposal to push the mountain; the respawn times of most tanks are extremely fast.

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2019-02-13, 8:26 AM | Message # 306
    Colonel
    Awards: 16
      Battle of Iwo Jima - 1945 well I think the iwo jima map needs a discussion to apply an SSMs.I think that the spawn time of the vehicles on the beach when the allies take the first flag is very fast, this makes the allies do not have a more exhausting battle because the armored vehicles begin to appear quickly and the Japanese can not hold the Mount Suribachi for longer. for the sake of even realism I think it is necessary to do with these vehicles in "Bridgehead" begin to spawn for a longer time, not for just capturing the flag.
    this is not to leave the allies without tanks just to make the battle more exhausting and also the allies have an amphibious ship with armored vehicles inside. so I guess it's enough until the armored are spawned!

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Thursday, 2019-02-14, 11:23 PM

mardukDate: Friday, 2019-02-15, 10:13 PM | Message # 307
    General
    The Merville Battery
    As discussed increase bleed or decrease ticket ratio by 35% (what is the better solution?).

Liberation of Caen
    Since Caen was heavily attacked from the air I think it would be a good feature to add a Lancaster Bomber-kit for Allies. Maybe one with 2 strikes only but that respawns after 5 mins?

Hungary Forest
    Increase ticket ratio by 75% - map is mostly over after 15 mins because Russian team runs out of tickets.

Raseiniei
    After 15 mins the battle is nearly always only around the last flag (capturing and re-capturing the house, again and again), because no other flags can get re-captured by Russians. Bubu and me though to give the map a bit of a change it would be good to make the last two flags re-caps.

Kharkow Winter
    At the moment there is a Bf 109G-6 on the map. That's over the top for 1941. Please exchange it by Bf109E- or F-version.

Desert Rose
    At the moment there is a Bf 109G-2 on the map. Please exchange it by Bf109G-6, also the one that is spawning at the Southern airfield.

Trois Points
    Exchange 5,7 by 7,62 cm Pak's to provide more firepower against German tanks. It probably won't help much but before we change the tank layout to reduce the imbalance of that map we should first make this adjustment and see how it affects the gameplay.

Regarding Battle of Iwo Jima
    Leave the tank layout as it is. The map is already hard enough for the US.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Tuesday, 2019-03-05, 5:05 PM | Message # 308
    Colonel
    Alpenfestung really needs to have this SSM restored, previously made by eYe for 0.552:

killercage size reduced from 25 m to 5 m

Original discussion: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-629-11130-16-1448015490

There was also the additional change:

increased time to capture a flag

However I don't know if increasing the flag capture time is needed and whether it helps at all and how. The killer cages are supposed to spawn instantly and thus prevent this bug. In any case, I wouldn't like a total flag capture time that is too long (like any more than 10 seconds for flags 3 or 4).

Aberdeen seems to have a SSM which has not been discussed or even announced here. When we played it recently with CanukAttak, The Meltdown and others we discovered that the map borders have been widened, allowing players to stay in some areas which are marked red on the minimap. In principle I don't consider it OK to not make such changes public. It's not fair. Who applied this SSM and why has it not been disclosed that such a SSM has been applied to the server? I see no SSM file for Aberdeen among those which RADIOSMERSH has uploaded:

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArKl6aZTApvlnGaZNonjUjXI8GCF

What exact changes does this Aberdeen SSM include? What (if any) other SSMs have been applied to the server without being discussed or announced here?

As for the changes themselves, I saw that the areas now not outside the map include the shortcuts which are otherwise used mostly to get out of the main bases with fast vehicles, including the highest hills, which are now accessible for any vehicle to go through or stay on. I'm fine with what little of the changes I saw. But one issue is that the minimap does not show the changes. The bigger problem is the way in which the changes were applied to the server, without public discussion or even mention, which is why I believe an explanation is owed.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2019-03-07, 5:59 PM | Message # 309
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Awards: 27
    @Marduk,
    Quote starking018 ()
    Alpenfestung really needs to have this SSM restored, previously made by eYe for 0.552:

I'll try to implement these proposals over the upcoming weekend.

Quote starking018 ()
    Aberdeen seems to have a SSM which has not been discussed or even announced here. When we played it recently with CanukAttak, The Meltdown and others we discovered that the map borders have been widened, allowing players to stay in some areas which are marked red on the minimap. In principle I don't consider it OK to not make such changes public. It's not fair. Who applied this SSM and why has it not been disclosed that such a SSM has been applied to the server? I see no SSM file for Aberdeen among those which RADIOSMERSH has uploaded:

There was no SSM done on Aberdeen (at least not that I can recall of) and I don't see any other map files except original 0.6 in the levels folder. Are you sure you're not mixing something up?

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Thursday, 2019-03-07, 6:00 PM

starking018Date: Friday, 2019-03-08, 3:25 PM | Message # 310
    Colonel
    Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
    There was no SSM done on Aberdeen (at least not that I can recall of) and I don't see any other map files except original 0.6 in the levels folder. Are you sure you're not mixing something up?

Yes, I'm sure and I checked it again today and the SSM is still active. Check bf1942's and FH's level directories too. I have server files for Aberdeen with the following SHA2-256 hashes:

Code
    Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels\aberdeen.rfa
    2C5DE57F4921D2069D7E60387DB8A00288698378060D726526848C873CC2564E

Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels\aberdeen_003.rfa
    31FFC8EAD38BB9D8F9C63E8C205C1CA982C99E57A0DBAE8777611B2CC711D414

Mods\fh\archives\bf1942\levels\aberdeen.rfa
    B09EB56F6D6C3390D0B144520091D72FA0DD3DF03A32E75B9A3D8D42F61D6D12

Mods\FHSW\Archives\bf1942\levels\Aberdeen.rfa
    140149A37E19EFB18C9B579BD8A5CB3E1985E5320A2BCA04476F2EC4D6660A82

You can compare them to those installed on the server.

Not putting the SSM in the usual location in itself raises a little suspicion. Maybe you could post the file structure for all used .RFA files with the following from the server directory in a command prompt:

Code
    tree "Mods\bf1942\Archives" /F
    tree "Mods\fh\Archives" /F
    tree "Mods\FHSW\Archives" /F

Then we can compare them and see if there are any additional files.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2019-03-10, 6:37 PM | Message # 311
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    The Merville Battery
  • Increased the bleedrate by 30%

Hungary Forest
  • Increased ticket ratio by 75%

Raseiniai
  • Made flags marked by number 4 on the minimap recappable

Kharkov Winter
    Replaced Bf.109G-6 with Bf.109E

Desert Rose
  • Replaced Bf.109G-2s with Bf.109G-6s

There are no 17pdr's in FHSW, sadly, so the is experimental Canadian 6pdr with longer barrel, which has 130 mm of penetration against 82 mm of usual 6pdr.

Trois Points
  • Replaced usual 6pdr's with longer barrel version

Added (2019-03-10, 5:42 PM)
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote starking018 ()
    Then we can compare them and see if there are any additional files.

Here you go:
    BF1942
    FH
    FHSW

Added (2019-03-10, 5:53 PM)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Oh, actually, I just realised now that there is no Aberdeen_003.rfa file in BF1942/.../levels folder, but an Aberdeen_006.rfa, which was present in retail game, apparently. That might explain the different map borders.
    I guess I'll most likely have to reinstall the server from scratch.

•  
    mardukDate: Sunday, 2019-03-10, 10:18 PM | Message # 312
    General
    Thank you!!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Monday, 2019-03-11, 9:13 PM | Message # 313
    Colonel
    Thanks. So it looks like the Aberdeen SSM is accidental.

Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
    Oh, actually, I just realised now that there is no Aberdeen_003.rfa file in BF1942/.../levels folder, but an Aberdeen_006.rfa, which was present in retail game, apparently. That might explain the different map borders.
    I guess I'll most likely have to reinstall the server from scratch.

I assumed that the server was running from the standalone server release rather than the full game client files. Running from the original retail game would be OK - I think it just has more and bigger files that are not needed. But it looks like it's not even the original retail release of the game but a different version. I looked at your FHSW installer version and I see that the vanilla BF1942 in it has some improvements in the interface, loading screens, etc. It also has these files in the levels directory that are different from the original, including the _006.rfa files like in the file tree you showed. I ran Aberdeen from it (local server) and indeed the map borders are widened like on the main server. This shows that there are some modifications to this version that have an effect on the server side, and I don't think that FHSW was made for (and well tested with) this version. So now that we have found this there are two things left:

1. You don't have to reinstall from scratch - you can replace only certain files. I don't know why you chose to install files intended for the game client rather than server files, but anyway, I think that you can simply replace the whole Mods\bf1942\Archives directory with the one from the standalone server release by EA/DICE. You can use whichever files you want - server or client - I've ran with mixed server and client files and it works just fine - but server files are just smaller and possibly very slightly faster when loading.

In case you need the files, or for future reference, here are download links for server-only files:

BF1942 (Windows installers):
    https://www.gamefront.com/games....ver-1-6
    https://www.gamefront.com/games....o-1-61b

FH:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods....r-files

FHSW:
    http://wbmuse.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-209.html#more
    http://wbmuse.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-210.html#more

I have not seen server versions of the mappacks for FH and FHSW, so I use the client ones.

2. What is this BF1942 release anyway? Does it have any documentation, at least a readme or a post somewhere that describes the changes? The modified map files will prevent clients running it from playing on some BF1942 servers, and some people would like to know this before they install it. This and the issue with Aberdeen show one reason why it's important to document exactly what you are including in a release (not to mention that original authors usually want to be credited for their work which is being included).

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2019-03-11, 9:34 PM | Message # 314
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Quote starking018 ()
    I don't know why you chose to install files intended for the game client rather than server files

That wasn't me, I think it was Bubu (?) who set up the server.

Quote starking018 ()
    In case you need the files, or for future reference, here are download links for server-only files:

BF1942 (Windows installers):
    https://u.to/RTngFA
    https://u.to/RjngFA

FH:
    https://u.to/QzngFA

FHSW:
    https://u.to/NTLgFA
    https://u.to/NjLgFA

I have not seen server versions of the mappacks for FH and FHSW, so I use the client ones.

Well, thank you, but I've reinstalled the server already earlier today.

Quote starking018 ()
    2. What is this BF1942 release anyway? Does it have any documentation, at least a readme or a post somewhere that describes the changes? The modified map files will prevent clients running it from playing on some BF1942 servers, and some people would like to know this before they install it. This and the issue with Aberdeen show one reason why it's important to document exactly what you are including in a release (not to mention that original authors usually want to be credited for their work which is being included).

It is based on Team-Simple's installer. I suppose they wouldn't include modifications that would prevent clients from playing on their own servers, but I'll rebuild the installer from original retail release nevertheless.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2019-03-11, 9:35 PM

geclepramiDate: Sunday, 2019-03-24, 9:01 AM | Message # 315
    Lieutenant
    Guadalcanal
    The B25 respawns too quickly -- a 2nd plane spawns in its place before the 1st one is able to take off, killing both in the process. Increasing respawntime by 10sec or something should fix this.

Eagle's Nest 45
    The PAK in C2 (near the tunnel flag) can't hit anything on the road below because the barrel can't tilt down. It just needs to be rotated some 5 degrees along its X-axis.

Stalingrad Red Square
    The axis' kits all have a rifleman icon (except the 4th one), but none of them actually spawn with rifles, but MP40s. The 4th kit has a different icon but does spawn with a k40. I also noticed that Axis bleed if both teams hold a flag -- not sure if this is intentional.

Minnie

Message edited by gecleprami - Sunday, 2019-03-24, 9:02 AM

CanukAttakDate: Friday, 2019-03-29, 7:38 AM | Message # 316
    Captain
    Awards: 9
    Zittadelle

On the hill position the German artillery is pointing at the German main base which makes no sense, can we get those guns moved or rotated towards Russian lines

mardukDate: Friday, 2019-03-29, 7:11 PM | Message # 317
    General
    @gecleprami:
    Stalingrad Redsquare
    Thanks for posting the bleed issue; I was thinking it feels wrong for a long time.

Kotabaru
    please increase the bleedrate by 20% because with the current setting after 35 mins each team still got around 200 tickets left.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2019-04-07, 6:10 PM | Message # 318
    FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
    Quote gecleprami ()
    Stalingrad Red Square
    The axis' kits all have a rifleman icon (except the 4th one), but none of them actually spawn with rifles, but MP40s. The 4th kit has a different icon but does spawn with a k40. I also noticed that Axis bleed if both teams hold a flag -- not sure if this is intentional.

Quote gecleprami ()
    Stalingrad Redsquare
    Thanks for posting the bleed issue; I was thinking it feels wrong for a long time.

That's because I tried to restore the map to the pre-0.61 state without that armoured train BS and that includes changes in the spawn kits. The client expects certain kits that are defined in Init.con and loads corresponding textures, and this isn't an issue I can fix via SSM. Same goes for the flag values, I just copied them from the old map. I guess it'll be better just to create a copy of 0.6 map file under a different name (smth like Stalingrad_Redsquare_Original) and add it to the upcoming mappack

• Khota Bharu
    Bleed ratio increased by the 20% percent for both teams

I'll do SSM for other maps a bit later today.
  •  
    geclepramiDate: Sunday, 2019-04-07, 10:57 PM | Message # 319
    Lieutenant
    Thanks!

Trois Ponts
    The canuk guns are a improvement, but maybe also give allies bazookas with T12 instead of T6 rockets? Currently, they still get overrun especially at last flag. Either that or adding pershings?

Philipines
    That bug that the map does not end when allies hold all flags, because there are planespawns. If that can't be fixed, maybe do like vanilla Iwo Jima and give axis some ships with equipment to recapture?

Stashuv area
    Allies have a *lot* of heavy arty in their main, but barely anything to spot with.
    The T34 have no radio, only the IS2 and ISU gunners (pos2) can give arty spots.
    (and as a spotter you need to be sneaky [not exactly the case for an IS2], since a spot expires as soon as the spotter dies).

There are no spawn kits with binoculars, and no kits to pickup which have them.
    *Axis* do get some officer pickup kits with binoculars, so allies can sneak into their flag and steal them, but this is obviously bad.

Maybe add some sniper/officer kits with binoculars to pickup in soviet main?

Counterattack 1940
    I feel like the vehicles have quite the large TimeToLive / TTL distance:
    I was driving a pz2 from axis main across half the map, then suicided to balance the teams, and when I came back to the spot, the tank was still there.
    (horses stay around for a long time, too).

Is this a SSM maybe? I just checked the spawntemplates in my local copy of the map and they look reasonable (time/distance both are 40-ish)

Minnie

mardukDate: Monday, 2019-04-08, 4:39 PM | Message # 320
    General
    Trois Ponts
    Quote gecleprami:
    "The canuk guns are a improvement, but maybe also give allies bazookas with T12 instead of T6 rockets? Currently, they still get overrun especially at last flag. Either that or adding pershings?"

I agree. I think a main problem of Allied defense is that their PAK's, especially at flag 1, are placed very obviously and hardly got any cover. Maybe move them (or add a few more) to better hidden spots where Allies can hold out longer?

Invasion of the Philipines
    "That bug that the map does not end when allies hold all flags, because there are planespawns. If that can't be fixed, maybe do like vanilla Iwo Jima and give axis some ships with equipment to recapture?"

Interesting - I also had the idea of giving Axis a counterspawn ship like on Iwo Jima yesterday smile I agree.

Stashuv area
    "Maybe add some sniper/officer kits with binoculars to pickup in soviet main?"

I also agree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Canuk:
    A Day of Zitadelle
    are you talking about the Nebelwerfers that spawn when russian artillery on that position gets destroyed and the flag is in German hands?

@Radio:
    I also got one suggestion for this map. There is a German Stuka formation automatically flying towards North-East German flag every few minutes. They are obviously supposed to give you a feeling of immersion,
    but in fact they do the complete opposite: they remind me it's a game because the propellers are standing still! This is one of the most stupid things in FHSW and it has disturbed me ever since.
    So please remove those stupid Stukas! (they really are stupid)

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 (m)
    Search: