[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Passing the torch (r)
Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2016-12-30, 6:18 PM | Message # 81
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
me too

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

timothyhughes109Date: Friday, 2016-12-30, 8:00 PM | Message # 82
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
@soniklight

I had already posted it earlier but I can do it again.

Community Website: www.forgottenhonor.com (Will make a forum dedicated to FHSW Europe community)
Server Name: Forgotten Honor #2 (Will be changed to F|H FHSW European)
Server IP: 94.23.37.220 
Port: 14568

Can be officially launched and admin status given to current admins.

However, it seems like you guys already have decided on a solution, so I won't try to force this, rather just offer the definitive possibility.

sonikglightDate: Friday, 2016-12-30, 10:40 PM | Message # 83
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
timothyhughes109,  I know you posted it but, you posted it in pieces.

thx for the reply tho

If this servser goes offline.

Best regards Winbean

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Friday, 2016-12-30, 10:49 PM

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2016-12-31, 11:06 AM | Message # 84
Colonel
I can also help out with a few donations if needed.

And I might be able to help with SSM if time allowes it.

wewakDate: Saturday, 2016-12-31, 2:34 PM | Message # 85
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
@ Buddy: This website/forum site isnt hosted on the game server, so there isnt a need to make a new forum. btw I appreiciate the generosity smile

Anyway I will gladly take over the current server, and take up starkings offer to manage it or something, I'm not really interested in taking a lead role regarding community decisions etc...

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-01-01, 9:18 AM | Message # 86
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@wewak:
Sounds good!
What do you mean with "manage it or something"?
I think the "managing" you mean are just things like windows updates, server restarts, payment, etc.
Admins and the rest should stay the same -never change a winning team wink

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Sunday, 2017-01-01, 11:54 AM | Message # 87
Colonel
Awards: 22
Except the payments. Better someone else do those.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2017-01-02, 3:14 PM | Message # 88
General
Awards: 38
Okay so you want to split the responsibilities?

wewak: contract and managing payments for the server
starking: remote desktop access

?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

wewakDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-03, 9:35 PM | Message # 89
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 3
@Marduk: Yeah I just meant the server side stuff.

@Eye that sounds good for me.

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-03, 11:39 PM | Message # 90
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
Quote wewak ()
@Marduk: Yeah I just meant the server side stuff.

@Eye that sounds good for me.

when ready tell me all about payment

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 12:01 PM | Message # 91
Colonel
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
wewak: contract and managing payments for the server
starking: remote desktop access

Sounds perfect!

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 2:12 PM | Message # 92
General
@Xenanab: it would be perfect if you do the SSM wink

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 6:03 PM | Message # 93
Colonel
OK, I'm asking all current admins and forum moderators, are you willing to commit to what I asked about kicking and banning?

Quote starking018 ()
About the increase of server disputes - this is something which I haven't fully witnessed, because I guess the admins discuss things such as bans mostly in closed forums or privately, and severely limit public discussion. This is something which I don't like and would like to see changed if I'm to be significantly involved with the server. Specifically, I think the information about bans - evidence, who banned who, etc. should be public, open for discussion and kept permanently. I don't know how decisions about bans are made now, but banning with the support of just one or two people, or even more but with important dissenters or absentees (due to non-public proceedings), would not be good.

Quote starking018 ()
[...] if all admins agree to have all available information about past bans (the evidence, who banned who, etc.) published, and in the future publish that information as soon as possible after a ban. We should be careful not to have players unjustly kicked or banned. So, kicks and bans and the reasons for them should never be hidden from the public, and we should not allow even the fear that an admin may try to unfairly treat someone without the possibility to correct such actions. So, at least the discussion on the forum should not be restricted. I view these things I'm asking for as reasonable and necessary for a healthy community.

Let's discuss this, if needed (maybe in a new topic?). Otherwise, I worry for the future of the community and what effort I should put in. If we do things right I think we could have a larger and nicer community.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 6:04 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 6:21 PM | Message # 94
General
There is no increase of server disputes. There have always been players that made trouble.
We have had only a handful of bans in the last six years. All bans have been imposed after the complaints of players have become unmistakable and at least three admins came to the same decision.

We do not have to worry about the future of the community because we have always been pretty laissez faire and only imposed bans when there was no other option left. This has always worked for attracting many new players because even if they do not behave they do not get kicked until their behaviour becomes over the top. Most of them learned the rules this way over time.

I am also not up to discuss and collect evidence for bans because it often ends up in endless (pointless) discussions and dispute. Other communities destroyed themselfes by discussing and arguing to much bullshit on their forums, which made first admins and then players leave. This is why we restrict recurring discussions about PFC for example.

The reason that our community still exists after six years is that we play most of the time -not discuss and argue.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 7:25 PM | Message # 95
Accessory Admin
Quote marduk ()
Other communities destroyed themselfes by discussing and arguing to much bullshit on their forums, which made first admins and then players leave. This is why we restrict recurring discussions about PFC for example.
This is the exact reason I joined FHSW years ago.

The reason that our community still exists after six years is that we play most of the time -not discuss and argue.
 It looks funny if you realise that our disadvantage (limited player base) turned into priceless factor that attracts new players. I mean we let every newcomer know how important he is for us, due to rather low total number of players. I think lots of people appreciate it.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 8:01 PM | Message # 96
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Quote Mr_J ()
I think lots of people appreciate it.

I know I definitely do!

I just wanted to chime in on this, as I know I haven't been too active in the community for the past year or so, but I just wanted to mention how much I respect the fact that we are able to discuss this in a civilized manner and a productive atmosphere on a forum. Some other groups can't get anything done even when their administration is involved, so I think that everyone is doing a heck of a job here so far and I hope and think that a decision or compromise that everyone is happy with can be reached!

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2017-01-05, 2:02 PM | Message # 97
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote marduk ()
@Xenanab: it would be perfect if you do the SSM wink
I can help with SSM too, if needed.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2017-01-05, 2:43 PM | Message # 98
General
Awards: 38
Quote marduk ()
There is no increase of server disputes. There have always been players that made trouble.
We have had only a handful of bans in the last six years. All bans have been imposed after the complaints of players have become unmistakable and at least three admins came to the same decision.

I got a lot more complains via PM from various people which are not visible here, just fyi.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Thursday, 2017-01-05, 4:28 PM | Message # 99
General
@Radio: ok. Thanks smile

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2017-01-05, 7:02 PM | Message # 100
Colonel
@ starking

I'd say that there is no need to make every piece of information public concerning banning issues.

But if you prefer it that way I can agree to these new conditions.

In the last months there definitely was an increase in players that have broken several rules of the server which resulted in multiple temporary bans.
But permament bans happen on a very rare basis.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Search: