[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Bring back the old maps! (m)
XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 10:49 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Radio, didn't you work on a FHSW version of "Kbely Airfield"?

I support the idea of a mappack. But I oppose calling a new FHSW version; that's FHSWman`s creation.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 11:34 AM | Message # 22
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
Radio, didn't you work on a FHSW version of "Kbely Airfield"?
Yes, but I gave it up because soon HDD with this map broke down and, as it usually happens, I had forgotten to make backup.

Added (2015-09-18, 10:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Here is the list of maps I have added so far:
  • Bastogne (needs fix)
  • Battle of Foy Classic
  • Battle of Leyte Gulf day2
  • Crete
  • Fall Gelb
  • FHT Battle of Imphal
  • FHT Sittang Bridge
  • Ocean Town
  • Operation Blackknight
  • Operation Lilliput
  • Spurning Fate-1943 day
  • Spurning Fate-1945
  • Stashuv Area
  • The Attack on Carentan
  • The Merville Battery
  • Zielona Gora
  • Zveroboy

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2015-09-18, 11:34 AM

mardukDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 12:01 PM | Message # 23
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@Radio: Thanks so far! But please dont forget the modded Saipan-1944 and Stalingrad_Redsquare starking was talking about (unfortunately for Trois Points there is no fixed version yet).

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Friday, 2015-09-18, 4:39 PM | Message # 24
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I was thinking that Saipan-1944 and Stalingrad_RedSquare should work without players needing to download anything. I meant to ask what were the issues with these maps that made us not play them?

Was it server-side issues? If so - let's check the SSMs from PrinceUmeboshi. Or (now I remembered) was it that the game crashed on these maps due to errors in lexiconall.dat which eYe fixed? In that case we just need to include that exiconall.dat file.

It looks like they play these maps on PrinceUmeboshi.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

mardukDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 5:12 PM | Message # 25
General
@starking: The server crashed regularly at the beginning of those maps, but I don't know why. I don't think that they are fixed. Eye should know though.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 5:45 PM | Message # 26
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote starking018 ()
Was it server-side issues? If so - let's check the SSMs from PrinceUmeboshi. Or (now I remembered) was it that the game crashed on these maps due to errors in lexiconall.dat which eYe fixed? In that case we just need to include that exiconall.dat file.

I compared SSMs from FTP and server files with WinMerge. There is only one change on Saipan (view distance increased from 500 to 5656) and several pickup kit changes on Red Square, so it's highly unlikely that those SSM will fix crashes. I suppose they are caused by LexiconAll.dat file then.

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-09-18, 6:04 PM | Message # 27
Colonel
What about maps like "Kota Bharu", "Luzon" and "River Kwai" ?
Those maps crash on our server after several minutes.

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 2:14 AM | Message # 28
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
Just a heads up, I've tested Stashuv in 0.55 and it crashes after you cap flag #2 and becomes really laggy when you approach the flag. I suggest looking into it. Other than that, you have a perfect list of maps for the mappack, Radio! I would definitely download the pack with those maps in it.

Message edited by crazygamelover - Saturday, 2015-09-19, 2:20 AM

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 7:22 AM | Message # 29
General
Eagles Nest (Xenanab is working on it)

I think the first allied flag at the beginning should be an uncappable mainbase.
We should discuss what content we want on it.

I suggest:
Axis
2 * Flettners at the last flag (1*Panzerschreck/1*Giesskanne)
1 * Tiger I/1 * Panther/1 * Wirbelwind at the flag above the 2nd bridge
1 * Jagdtiger at the factory flag
2 * Panzerfaust 250 kit in the houses at the village flag
to be continued

Allies
2 * Sherman Calliope
1 * M36 Jackson
1 * Spawn-Halftruck
1 * Halftruck with 4*cal .50
2 * Trucks (Ammo/Health)
1 * B17-kit
1 * P51-kit (all weapons in the mainbase from the beginning)
to be continued

Please post your suggestions!

Trois Points: all objects are flying and the map is not playable. Could anybody fix that?

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 8:05 AM | Message # 30
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote marduk ()
Trois Points: all objects are flying and the map is not playable. Could anybody fix that?
I will try to compare version from 0.51 and current one to see if there were any differences. In any case, we can just rename 0.51 version of Trois Point and put it on server.

Added (2015-09-19, 7:05 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I have fixed Trois Points. Just put StaticObjects.con from old version to new one.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 10:38 AM | Message # 31
General
@Radio: Thanks! We didn't play Trois Points so long, but the solution obviously was quite easy. We need to upload it on the server!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 4:08 PM | Message # 32
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote marduk ()
@Radio: Thanks! We didn't play Trois Points so long, but the solution obviously was quite easy. We need to upload it on the server!

It's not that simple. Adding static objects doesn't work as serverside mod, as added objects will be solid, but not visible if there aren't changes on client side. Thus the only solution is to rename fixed version to, for example, "TROIS PONTS-1944 FIXED" and put it both on server and in mappack.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Saturday, 2015-09-19, 4:11 PM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 8:40 PM | Message # 33
Colonel
Awards: 9
So I finally sat down and looked over some of the maps and equipment from the expansions that I believe would be very popular in FHSW form:

Road to Rome Maps
  • Salerno-with the river and islands running through the middle it makes for a unique gaming experience, put in more foliage and shrubbery, it could make for a great map!
  • Baytown-excellent for a meeting engagement map, with the island in the middle and the possibility to outflank the other side by landing amphibiously.
  • Monte Santa Croce- Unique because of map setup, bases close to one another but flags far away.

Secret Weapons of WWII Maps
  • Eagle's Nest-widely agreed upon already that this should be converted.
  • Essen-a fun setup for a paratroop landing map.
  • Hellendoorn-another interesting setup for a map that when converted into FHSW would change the gameplay of it significantly.
  • Mimoyecques-the best SWoWWII map imo, a classic map.

• Telemark-not many if any Norwegian maps out there, and turning this one into a Norwegian Resistance vs. German Heer Infantry map would be a nice chance to have a Norwegian faction in game.
  • Peenemünde-convert Americans into Russians and we actually have a unique historical but also "secret weapons" map to try out. An even better idea, change German faction to Russian faction and have it be a "post-war" American vs. Russian race for the weapons map! Perhaps a good chance to put in some easter eggs...;)

Secret Weapons of WWII Equipment

This is just a list to inspire people that would be willing to implement these great maps and pieces of equipment into FHSW and also to intrigue some about expansion maps that would do well in this mod, I only listed a few of the RtR maps, so there are a few more out there.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 10:19 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant General
jetpack can be found actually on gazala I think at the outpost airport in the north iirc

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

DutchDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 11:05 PM | Message # 35
Lieutenant
Awards: 3
I think we have to get creative with vehicles, make these maps special by adding a special vehicle. Give a extra reason to play this map by adding vehicles that havent been used yet/that much.

''Be carefull the seat is not bolted down, you can't reach the clutch, can't use the brakes, the door flies open, there is a clocking sound, brakes are a lil' sketchy but it has POWER!'' -David Freiburger

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-09-19, 11:32 PM | Message # 36
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
I suggest to test what we've got so far on server in order to find bugs and/or improve balance, so maps can be fixed and put in final version of mappack.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By17mLYB7EvqeVFqejlnQ2E4UzQ

mardukDate: Sunday, 2015-09-20, 9:21 AM | Message # 37
General
@Radio: Ok, when you do have time for the testing?

@everybody else: please donwload the mappack and help us testing the maps.

I'd suggest today 5 pm.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2015-09-20, 9:41 AM | Message # 38
Lieutenant General
I´ll try to participate

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-09-20, 9:41 AM | Message # 39
General
Awards: 38
Thanks for your work Radio. I have uploaded the maps to the server.

One suggestion though: Some maps of the pack are only fun with a lot of players and I doubt we will ever reach that with a mappack. Maybe for the final version concentrate on the smaller maps which can be played with 10 players?

Here are my personal comments

• Bastogne (needs fix): very good for low player count, must-have
  • Battle of Foy Classic: I have never played this map
  • Battle of Leyte Gulf day2: for the ground breaking effects alone it has to be put in
  • Crete: too big but unique gameplay
  • Fall Gelb: way too big imo
  • FHT Battle of Imphal: no one liked it when we played it
  • FHT Sittang Bridge: can be fun with the right amount of players (20+)
  • Ocean Town: community map, should stay
  • Operation Blackknight: we played it very rarely, tells me that it's not a great map
  • Operation Lilliput: ok, a bit unbalanced though iirc
  • Spurning Fate-1943 day: ok
  • Spurning Fate-1945: personally I hate this map
  • Stashuv Area: good map, requires about 20 players to be really fun, then it's epic
  • The Attack on Carentan: good
  • The Merville Battery: way too big, was probably one of the most hated maps
  • Zielona Gora: good
  • Zveroboy: I have never played this map

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    mardukDate: Sunday, 2015-09-20, 9:55 AM | Message # 40
    General
    @Endless:

• Bastogne (needs fix): very good for low player count, must-have: Agreed
  • Battle of Foy Classic: I have never played this map: Dito
  • Battle of Leyte Gulf day2: for the ground breaking effects alone it has to be put in: Agreed
  • Crete: too big but unique gameplay: it was always quite popular
  • Fall Gelb: way too big imo: no idea about this map
  • FHT Battle of Imphal: no one liked it when we played it: Agreed
  • FHT Sittang Bridge: can be fun with the right amount of players (20+): Agreed
  • Ocean Town: community map, should stay: Agreed
  • Operation Blackknight: we played it very rarely, tells me that it's not a great map: Agreed
  • Operation Lilliput: ok, a bit unbalanced though iirc: Agreed. Axis should get better anti-tank-weapons or reduce the ammount of Allies tanks.
  • Spurning Fate-1943 day: ok: Agreed
  • Spurning Fate-1945: personally I hate this map: the special about it was the special equipment for night-fighting. Should remain in the mappack.
  • Stashuv Area: good map, requires about 20 players to be really fun, then it's epic: Agreed
  • The Attack on Carentan: good: Agreed
  • The Merville Battery: way too big, was probably one of the most hated maps: Agreed
  • Zielona Gora: good: Agreed
  • Zveroboy: I have never played this map: Dito

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk
  •  
    Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
    Search: