[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Bring back the old maps! (m)
RADIOSMERSHDate: Tuesday, 2015-09-22, 8:40 PM | Message # 61
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
How can I shrink killercages? Should I use the size changing tool in ED42 ?

It seems that there is a special model for 25m killercage (pushCage_nocol_25m_m1.sm). So the only way to create 10m cage is to model it and then code (I found that in Objects\Buildings\Common\!_PACK_COMMON\Compressed.con).

Quote crazygamelover ()
Carentan - Convert to pushmap, give Germans spawnable satchel kit

Quote marduk ()
Attack on Carentan: convert to pushmap, add Pzfaust-kit for Germans

I have the same problem as Xenanab above, since flags on Carentan have different flag radius. The only way is to change them to 5m or 25m.
Regarding kits, I replaced spawnable German rifleman kit (K98) with engineer kit with satchel, and switched M2Carbine kit to GreaseGun. What about Panzerfaust, I think it can be added as a spawnable kit.

Quote marduk ()
Zveroboy: decrease respawn time for SU152

This + previous suggestions, right?

Quote crazygamelover ()
Bastogne - Add 1 Chaffee and 1 M4A3(76) Sherman (Which can be found on the non-SSM'd Battle of the Bulge)

Done.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Tuesday, 2015-09-22, 8:41 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2015-09-22, 8:54 PM | Message # 62
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@Xenanab; Radio: You should use only 5 m radius. The bigger ones always cause different sort of trouble in gameplay (except naval maps).

@Radio: Thanks so far! 
"This + previous suggestions, right?"
Yes, please. And the suggestions for Foy Classic:
-the map it too wide for a few players. I suggest to make the whole C- and F-area to red no-go-zones.
-there are only MG42 on German side lying around. More weapon kits should be added: 1 * Stgw 44 ZF, 1* K98/G43 ZF, remove some of the MG 42 instead
-remove two Nebelwerfer. Add one Opel Maultier with mounted Nebelwerfer instead
-add one Pak 40 and two Mortars to the city
-add two Sherman, one Springfield '03 and two Mortars to Allied mainbase
-this way the map can become a good infantry/sniper map with limited tank/anti-tank fighting, good for a few players

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Tuesday, 2015-09-22, 11:08 PM | Message # 63
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
@Radio I'd leave the Panzerfaust out for now. Maybe add it as a pickup kit until we test Carentan with the changes.
@Marduk maybe just add one Sherman if any. Two seems a bit too much for such a small map

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-23, 5:59 AM | Message # 64
General
@crazy: Na, we can add two Shermans. Germans get a Pak40 and have Pzfaust-kits anyway. Also, the Sherman is a weak tank.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

wewakDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-23, 12:33 PM | Message # 65
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
In Bastogne the allies already have 4 Shermans that spawn right at the bottom of the map so maybe take two of them away if there is gonna be an M24 and another sherman added.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-23, 5:07 PM | Message # 66
General

wewak: "In Bastogne the allies already have 4 Shermans that spawn right at the bottom of the map so maybe take two of them away if there is gonna be an M24 and another sherman added."

I agree!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2015-09-23, 11:10 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
Quote wewak ()
In Bastogne the allies already have 4 Shermans that spawn right at the bottom of the map so maybe take two of them away if there is gonna be an M24 and another sherman added.
Yeah, that's what I meant to suggest  ah

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2015-09-24, 7:45 PM | Message # 68
General
Awards: 38
Crete and Fall Gelb are done.

I (hopefully) also fixed a bug on Crete where the Pak 36 would often damage or even destroy the Me323 when touching it.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Thursday, 2015-09-24, 8:55 PM | Message # 69
General
@Endless: Nice, thank you! smile

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 2:33 AM | Message # 70
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote crazygamelover ()
Yeah, that's what I meant to suggest ah

I did exactly that, just forgot to write about it.

What about The Attack on Carentan, I have some problems with the push mode. I sorted out how to put pushcages like on Alpenfestung, but they don't disappear after Allies cap nearest flag. So, would anyone look at it? Here is the map:
https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Marduk, is howitzer position on Zveroboy ok?

And yes, guys, what do you think of adding Road to Ramelle to mappack?

Added (2015-09-25, 1:33 AM)
---------------------------------------------
One more thing just came to my mind. Maybe we can ask Polish authors of Westerplatte and Grodno to convert them to FHSW and include to mappack?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gloria-victis/downloads

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2015-09-25, 2:37 AM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 10:38 AM | Message # 71
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
for crete I would suggest a spawn Hanomag that could be shipped with the Gigant to the isle. At once the Germans have a flagg it should not longer spawn in axis base.

What about one or two Torpedoboote for axis? Perhaps one Hurricane fighter for brits? They have an airport at last unsure

iirc the flag at the radarstation couldn´t bee captured by axis?! Am I right, is this solved so far?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Friday, 2015-09-25, 10:39 AM

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 11:52 AM | Message # 72
Colonel
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
What about The Attack on Carentan, I have some problems with the push mode. I sorted out how to put pushcages like on Alpenfestung, but they don't disappear after Allies cap nearest flag. So, would anyone look at it?

Without looking at it I ask: Have you also placed a killercageremover_spawner?
You have to do that so that a killercage_visible and the killercage_hard get removed when allied/axis team manage to capture the previous flag. Of course you have to choose the correct team specific items.

A pushcage is much easier: You only have to connect the pushcage with a control point. The pushcage is an object that blocks EVERYBODY. So you don't have to place team specific objects in order to make a simple pushmap.

I will give you the list of my ObjectSpawnTemplates.con which I have copied from Alpenfestung's pushmap system. When I'm back home I will post them here.

Quick info: Eagles Nest now has working paratrooper spawns + a pushmap system and complete American material.
The last thing I want to implement there is a M16 MGMC as a spawn-apc.
It will take some time to code that correctly but I hope, I will figure it out so i can proceed to axis team.

Message edited by Xenanab - Friday, 2015-09-25, 11:53 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 2:32 PM | Message # 73
General
Awards: 38
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
And yes, guys, what do you think of adding Road to Ramelle to mappack?

Yes, definitely. Using existing maps only takes a few kb to make them work in FHSW.

Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
for crete I would suggest a spawn Hanomag that could be shipped with the Gigant to the isle. At once the Germans have a flagg it should not longer spawn in axis base.

A regular Hanomag maybe but I'm not for the spawn version because there's already a Ju 52 as mobile spawn.

What about one or two Torpedoboote for axis? Perhaps one Hurricane fighter for brits? They have an airport at last

Yes, I'm for one or two British planes. I don't quite get the purpose of T-boats though when there are no other ships and transport by air is faster and safer.

iirc the flag at the radarstation couldn´t bee captured by axis?! Am I right, is this solved so far?

That flag has been removed, its only purpose was to spawn all the capital ships.

An idea I had was to alter the terrain on the German main to make room for two Me 323's. Currently the map seems a bit in favor of the Brits because they only have to focus on one big target. If there were two of them landing at the same time it might make it a bit easier to get a foothold on the island.

@Xena: Good job, looking forward to play it!

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 2:42 PM | Message # 74
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
Without looking at it I ask: Have you also placed a killercageremover_spawner?You have to do that so that a killercage_visible and the killercage_hard get removed when allied/axis team manage to capture the previous flag. Of course you have to choose the correct team specific items.
Yes, I looked how push system on Alpenfestung works and copied it directly, but it just doesn't work.

Quote Xenanab ()
I will give you the list of my ObjectSpawnTemplates.con which I have copied from Alpenfestung's pushmap system. When I'm back home I will post them here.

That would be great. Can you also post ObjectSpawns.con and ControlPoints.con? Maybe than I will find out where I made a mistake.

mardukDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 4:09 PM | Message # 75
General
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()iirc the flag at the radarstation couldn´t bee captured by axis?! Am I right, is this solved so far?
That flag has been removed, its only purpose was to spawn all the capital ships.

An idea I had was to alter the terrain on the German main to make room for two Me 323's. Currently the map seems a bit in favor of the Brits because they only have to focus on one big target. If there were two of
them landing at the same time it might make it a bit easier to get a foothold on the island.

I think you shouldn't alter the terrain. What about this:
When the map starts the Germans only have a Ju52 for the paratroopers, what means they have to jump out of the plane. When the airfield flag is captured the Me 323 spawns and the Germans can land it with tanks etc. on the airstrip.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 6:34 PM | Message # 76
Lieutenant General
@ eye ok I forget the JU 52. It´s a Paratrooper mission so it will be usualy to take the JU 52. The T- boats because the brits get a destroyer any time?

Well ten I suggest a Hurricane Fighter for the brits . Alter the terrain is a nice idea!

@ Marduk I´m not so fine with the idea to enchain the Giant to the airstrip flagg  sad there are a few other places where it could land without coming under fire imediatly.

uhm , what about mobile Bofors on crete cool ?!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Friday, 2015-09-25, 6:35 PM

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 10:03 PM | Message # 77
Colonel
So this is my ObjectTemplate.con for the killercages.
I have made some annotations with bold letters so it should be easier to understand.

Don't get confused with the exact names of the templates... I have copied them from Alpenfestung.
It literally took me hours to completely understand this mess.
In my opinion it's really hard to explain that to somebody...

All you have to know is that

- a killercage_visible is not a real killercage. It just shows the player where the cage is ( blockades + barbwire ).

- the killercagehard is the real killer. When an ENEMY player touches it he immediately
dies. It does not block the player; it kills him. But the team of this
cage is allowed to enter it. It should be used along with
the killercage_visible

- the killercage_remover has only one purpose. It simply deletes the two above mentioned objects
so that the axis team for example can proceed to the 2nd flag after the
1st is captured and secured.

The three objects must be placed where the flagpole is. All three are stacked together or just reeaaaly close to each other in order to make the whole system work. Of course the real killercage is more important than the visible cage. There mustn't be spawn delay on these objects.
As you can see in my code list, I have written the templates in two seperated blocks. It's easier to understand what to do.

An example
- Allied team holds the 1st flag.
- So the 1st flag spawns axis_killercages where the 2nd flag is. Axis have to attack the 1st flag so the killercages on the 2nd disappear.
- Axis capture the 1st flag and this happens: It doesn't spawn any axis_killercages anymore on the 2nd flag. The template of the removeraxis activates and deletes both cages immediately at the 2nd flag.
- The removeraxis is activated as long as axis team holds the 1st flag. If allies
recapture it the remover disappeares and the 1st flag again will spawn axis_killercages at the 2nd flag.
- As you can see all these objects of the 1st flag spawn at the 2nd flagpole; so it works.

To create the above mentioned scenario you simply have to make use of the first half of my code I provided at the beginning of this post.

Now imagine: When axis team also manage to capture the 2nd flag what will happen there?
The 2nd flag will spawn an allies_killercage at the 1st flag in order to prevent allies to recapture it.
If allies get the 2nd flag back their removerallies will delete the allies_killercage at the 1st flag which has spawned for axis. Now allies can also recapture the 1st flag back.

If you want to make this happen you have to make use of the second half of my code.

If you want to create a pushmap with both scenarios, of course you must use the whole code.

I see no reason to present you my ObjectSpawns.con and the ControlPoints.con since both have nothing to do with the pushmap system.

I repeat: In order to make all this shit work you have to place the three items at the correct position. The correct position of course is the flag pole where you want to do something ( create cages vs. remove cages ).

I recommend you to try it out.

Message edited by Xenanab - Friday, 2015-09-25, 10:14 PM

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2015-09-25, 10:56 PM | Message # 78
Colonel
In my opinion, Crete doesn't need any more changes at the moment. But what about the other maps? Let's not forget about Stashuv or Spurning Fate

Message edited by crazygamelover - Friday, 2015-09-25, 11:57 PM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 4:56 AM | Message # 79
Colonel
Awards: 9
Great point Crazy, exactly the one I was going to bring up.
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Yes, definitely. Using existing maps only takes a few kb to make them work in FHSW.

Does this apply to all existing maps or maps only existing in FHSW? If it applies to all, then I would say before a final release of this mappack occurs, some RtR maps should be included in it, as well as other SWoWWII maps.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 7:18 AM | Message # 80
General

Robert: "@Marduk I´m not so fine with the idea to enchain the Giant to the airstrip flagg  there are a few other places where it could land without coming under fire imediatly."

Than Axis has to clear the area. It shouldnt be too easy for Axis because when they have landed the Me 323 they have tanks etc. and can really roll up Allies.

@crazy: yea, lets have a look on Stashuv now.

@Ben: Operation Husky, Montecassino and Anzio

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Search: