[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Bring back the old maps! (m)
Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 9:03 AM | Message # 81
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
@ Marduk I´m not so fine with the idea to enchain the Giant to the airstrip flagg  there are a few other places where it could land without coming under fire imediatly.

The biggest problem is that the Ju52 only has 7 seats, I don't know what the rest of the team would do then. And the unique feature of this map is the Me 323, it has to be available from the start imo. I have added one Hurricane.

Quote crazygamelover ()
In my opinion, Crete doesn't need any more changes at the moment. But what about the other maps? Let's not forget about Stashuv or Spurning Fate

First I have to get Stashuv working. I'll remove IS-3 and Maus then it's good to go imo.

Quote (HH)Benjamin ()
Does this apply to all existing maps or maps only existing in FHSW? If it applies to all, then I would say before a final release of this mappack occurs, some RtR maps should be included in it, as well as other SWoWWII maps.

Only applies to maps which are in Vanilla BF1942, FH or FH Fan Mappack 6.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 11:28 AM | Message # 82
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
@eye Just to reiterated, the problem with Stashuv is that once the northern flag #2 is capped, two Tiger 1's spawn at German main simultaneously, causing CTD. Also, I'm in favour of removing the IS-3, but I don't think there is a Maus anywhere on that map.

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 12:04 PM | Message # 83
General
Thanks, I saw your comment but it's not the Tigers, they spawn when flag 1 is capped. The Maus only spawns when the KT is destroyed and Flag 2 in northeast is capped.

Edit: This map is strange, I think I've found a solution but not the cause. The spawned vehicles itself are all fine I did several tests with the debugger exe and there were no error messages in the log. My idea: Maybe at round start the map is just below the allowed limit of objects/spawners/network infos/whatever. After capping some flags more and more stuff spawns which causes the crash. I removed a couple of spawners and for now it works.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 5:54 PM | Message # 84
General
Awards: 45
Stashuv seems to work. Bubu, Robert and me had no problems.

@Endless: what about the train? wink

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 8:25 PM | Message # 85
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
What about that issue with the lagging pop up after destroying a tiger?! Is it only on that Map?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2015-09-26, 11:32 PM | Message # 86
Colonel
This is the first testversion of Eagles Nest for FHSW 0.552 !

(link removed)

As mentioned earlier, this map has no pickup kits yet. Pushmap system, spawning vehicles, soldier classes, etc are done so far.
What is still needed is polishing, some new static objects, and so on.

Let's test this today evening !

Message edited by Xenanab - Monday, 2015-09-28, 11:24 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 9:07 AM | Message # 87
General
Quote marduk ()
Stashuv seems to work. Bubu, Robert and me had no problems.

Did the Russians take flag 2 in the north east?

Quote marduk ()
@Endless: what about the train?

I also thought about it but there are some problems:
1) I would have to make it a map-side mod which requires a lot of additional work
2) There are a lot of IS-2s and T-34/85s which are able to kill it very quickly.
3) 2 of the 3 flags along the rail line cannot be recapped, so there's not a lot of room to use it after they are capped.

What about that issue with the lagging pop up after destroying a tiger?! Is it only on that Map?

No it's a general problem. However I haven't experienced this lag personally, yet.

@Xena: Sounds good, I have uploaded it to the server.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 9:09 AM | Message # 88
Lieutenant General
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()What about that issue with the lagging pop up after destroying a tiger?! Is it only on that Map?

No it's a general problem. However I haven't experienced this lag personally, yet.

Anything with s&t pack maybe?

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 9:12 AM | Message # 89
General
From shoutbox:

isn´t it better to it around afternoon?! In the evening I hope some people will join for public and if they can´t connect they look for other fun. I don´t think we can allow us behavior like that

I agree with Robert, what about 6 pm? And I'm not a fan of having several versions of the same map available, it's too confusing. So we'll test a map once and then release it with the mappack. I'll make a quick list in the OP which maps have been finished.

Edit:
Anything with s&t pack maybe?

I don't know, there are a lot of different S&T Packs available.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 9:31 AM | Message # 90
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
One more thing just came to my mind. Maybe we can ask Polish authors of Westerplatte and Grodno to convert them to FHSW and include to mappack? http://www.moddb.com/mods/gloria-victis/downloads
Would you undertake the task of converting them? More than that they finished two more maps that were not announced yet

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:13 AM | Message # 91
General
From shoutbox:

Quote Xenanab ()
What could I have done wrong? Is there a special line of code I have to add in the init.con? Or something about the gametypes? Is it a problem that the folders for CTF, TDM, COOP and Objective Mode are still in it?

Multiplayer issues can be very tricky to track down. First you have to be able to simulate a server on your computer via BFSM to do bug hunting.
Then my first test would be to remove all entries from ObjectSpawns.con to see if the error is related to any spawners. From there it depends what happens.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:20 AM | Message # 92
Colonel
I have no BFSM nor have I any experience with that. Radio, are you doing the debugging by testing on a simulated server?

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:32 AM | Message # 93
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
I have no BFSM nor have I any experience with that. Radio, are you doing the debugging by testing on a simulated server?

I run map on local ingame server with debugger exe, and no unusual errors came up. So I will create local server with BFSM now, clear ObjectSpawns.con like eYe said and see if it works.

Added (2015-09-27, 9:32 AM)
---------------------------------------------
My game crashed when map almost loaded, so the issue isn't caused by spawners, though I will check one more time.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:33 AM | Message # 94
Colonel
One thing I was wondering: What are the SpawnPointManagerSettings.con ?
My Game Types - folder's Conquest.con says he has to load the SpawnpointManagerSettings

run Conquest/SpawnpointManagerSettings
My SpawnpointManagerSettings.con is empty though. Could this cause issues on multiplayer servers ?
I once deleted the original file and it never automatically reappeared again after saving with ED42. So I assume this file has to be written manually.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:33 AM | Message # 95
Lieutenant General
Maybe Starking could open a extra server only for maptesting, we are not so many people in testing new maps?! So our regular server ist present all the time to the public and really no problems happen.
Or Radio was hosting a server sometimes too iirc?

Especially at this time when some people try to gain bit experience because of the FHSW campaign I think our server let be untouched for testing and so on

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:35 AM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:43 AM | Message # 96
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
One thing I was wondering: What are the SpawnPointManagerSettings.con ?

http://bfmods.com/mdt/scripting/spawnPointManagerSettings.con.html

Quote Xenanab ()
I once deleted the original file and it never automatically
reappeared again after saving with ED42. So I assume this file has to be written manually.

I will try to run server with SpawnPointManagerSettings.con from vanilla Eagle's Nest.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:48 AM | Message # 97
Colonel
hm, I have found another weird thing that may cause some trouble:
Actually Eagles_Nest has two Conquest.con files. This is no problem.. I believe each map has two of these game type specific files.
One is located inside "Game Types" the other is located inside the main map folder.

Here is the thing: Eagles Nest now has 2 different Conquest.con files.

EDIT:
From the one inside the general map folder where I NEVER did any changes

And here the one from the "Game Types"-folder where I made some changes on the tickets ...

What exactly does this v_arg1 and == host gibberish mean?

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2015-09-27, 10:56 AM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 11:10 AM | Message # 98
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
I will try to run server with SpawnPointManagerSettings.con from vanilla Eagle's Nest.

Nope, this is not the issue.
Quote Xenanab ()

Ok, I will check it out.

Added (2015-09-27, 10:10 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote Xenanab ()

Yes, this is exactly what causes crash, as I just put following text in both Conquest.con files and then successfully loaded the map:

I will upload this version to Google Drive then.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2015-09-27, 11:10 AM

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 11:13 AM | Message # 99
Colonel
Thank you very much Radio for investigating this !

Seems that both files define how the system has to work on multiplayer maps.

Will you upload the fixed map?

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-09-27, 11:14 AM | Message # 100
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Search: