[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
New mappack for 0.61 (m)
Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2017-04-26, 8:47 PM | Message # 61
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
no anyhow allways "Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen" tryed it many times

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

crazygameloverDate: Thursday, 2017-04-27, 6:59 AM | Message # 62
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
The edits I've made to Lilliput:

-added new flag "Outpost" between Lagoon and Musita Island
-made Buna Village (west-most flag) Australian by default. it's still capable
-added 1 Spawn M3A1 APC at Aussie main
-added 1 Bren Carrier at Aussie main
-added 1 Bren Carrier at Buna Village
-removed some Japanese kits at Aussie flags
-replaced spawnable Jap Expacks with grenades
-decreased amount of ammo in AT & grenade resupply kits
-changed Boys AT Mk.II kits to normal Boys AT
-added Nambu MG kit at Lagoon
-moved Jap towable 47mm AT gun to Buna Mission
-moved 75mm Jap field gun to new position that better overlooks Aussie's main approach

I decided to keep the push system because otherwise, I feel the gameplay would be less focused, not more. I didn't want to completely chop out the Buna Village flag because the map is geographically based on the real battle, and completely removing it would take away part of the historical accuracy of the map. Making it default Aussie allows the allies to focus on attacking a single flag, Musita, at the start. However, if the Japs are good enough they can retake Buna Village, which spawns more AT guns and gives them a means of taking on the superior allied armor.

The cap order goes like this: assuming Allies have Buna Village, they can capture Musita Island only. Afterwards they can cap Lagoon, Outpost, and Buna Mission in any order. Then they can cap the last flag, East Road Stronghold.

Like I said, Lagoon, Outpost, and Musita are all fairly close to one another, so I think the fighting will concentrate around them for the most part.

Any other suggestions?

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2017-04-27, 10:56 AM | Message # 63
Colonel
So last night we were testing every single mappack map on Radio's server. We capped flags, picked up kits and used some weapons.
Everything went well although there might be some things where a later ssm could be considered if we feel that it is needed (balance reasons).

But basically we can guarantee now that these maps do not cause trouble on servers and correctly installed FHSW clients with and without S&T pack. Still errors and problems that get discovered later on might be inevitable. Let's just hope that they won't turn out ugly.

Radio's installer works totally fine too.

So from our part the 'FHSW Fanmappack 1' can be released as soon as possible!

----

@crazy

Your edits seem reasonable. Giving Aussies the village in the west might work our very well and give the map a better dynamic from the beginning.
But I still can't say if this will improve the level so much that it will become a popular map on our server again.

Any other opinions regarding Operation Lilliput?

And the most important question now: Should we include it in the our mappack 1? Still there is a opportunity to add it.

Another question to you Crazy: Did you got rid of Lilliput's update files? I think it would be the best to integrate the 001.rfa into the normal map directory. As far as I remember there used to be some problems with update files and newer map versions that get messed up with wrong data that can't be overwritten.

Message edited by Xenanab - Thursday, 2017-04-27, 11:00 AM

crazygameloverDate: Thursday, 2017-04-27, 1:05 PM | Message # 64
Colonel
Quote Xenanab ()
Another question to you Crazy: Did you got rid of Lilliput's update files? I think it would be the best to integrate the 001.rfa into the normal map directory. As far as I remember there used to be some problems with update files and newer map versions that get messed up with wrong data that can't be overwritten.

I was going to integrate the updates into the main file after I knew whether you wanted to include it in the mappack and no more changes needed to be made.

If we are going to add it, we should really test it on the test server first. If that can't be done yet, we should wait and include it in the next mappack release.

Message edited by crazygamelover - Thursday, 2017-04-27, 1:05 PM

lrachowardDate: Thursday, 2017-04-27, 2:13 PM | Message # 65
Lieutenant
Awards: 1
Ok, used zip file and overwrite, crash on eagles nest, used installer no crash but when it went to load attack on carentan it said wrong version would i like to update.

updated   fixed

aka Mutantz

Message edited by lrachoward - Friday, 2017-04-28, 0:31 AM

Born-1942Date: Thursday, 2017-04-27, 5:35 PM | Message # 66
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
This map operation Lilliput I found it very interesting and acceptable for min, is very entertaining your pushmap, would also add another map to MapPack.

I still do not test it I wanted to know about one thing about this map is possible the allies pick up Japanese and Japanese tanks pick up allied tanks?

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2017-04-28, 12:37 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
Quote luiscarlosred ()
I still do not test it I wanted to know about one thing about this map is possible the allies pick up Japanese and Japanese tanks pick up allied tanks?
Nope, most if not all of the tanks are team locked

XenanabDate: Friday, 2017-04-28, 12:55 PM | Message # 68
Colonel
Since noone else wants to respond to this I would say let's wait for the next pack to include Operation Lilliput. This gives us even more time to edit some things on it if needed.

So now we need someone with website admin rights to add both of Radio's links on the mainpage in order to give ALL players the possibility to download it.

Winbean said, that he then can upload the maps on our server.

Here are both links again:

Installer download from OneDrive

7zip folder archive for manual installation from OneDrive

Me and others can confirm that the installer works perfectly.

lrachowardDate: Friday, 2017-04-28, 1:59 PM | Message # 69
Lieutenant
Awards: 1
I would say use the installer, when i used the zip file and put the files in the right place, eagles nest crashed,when i used the installer it did not crash, i do not know if this is an issue or not.

aka Mutantz

kukimuki1234Date: Friday, 2017-04-28, 9:37 PM | Message # 70
Lieutenant
Awards: 5
Is there any good tutorial to learn map creating? uhm

sonikglightDate: Sunday, 2017-04-30, 1:20 PM | Message # 71
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Maps are installed and read to play!

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2017-04-30, 6:23 PM | Message # 72
Colonel
We can define Map Pack maps because Marduk may be busy, so we did not get a response from him.
As if it were an event but without flyer. lol

crazygameloverDate: Monday, 2017-05-01, 3:47 AM | Message # 73
Colonel
Spurning Fate-1945 edits:
-replaced 1 Jagdpanzer V at German main with E-25
-removed 1 Panzer IV H from Germain main
-replaced 1 Panzer IV H at main with Kingtiger (spawns when Farm is capped)
-replaced 1 T-34/85 at Rus main with T-44
-removed IS-3
-removed 1 ISU-152
-replaced 1 Panzer IV H at Lumberyard w/ Jadgpanzer IV
-added Pak 40 at Lumberyard
-added MG42/DP-1928 kits at Ruins, Lumberyard, & Farm
-added Panzerfaust 150/Captured Panzerfaust(Rus) and another Panzershreck at Manor & Farm
-added mortar kit at Farm
-reduced cap radius of all flags to 8 metres
-moved flag poles of Ruins, Manor, & Farm closer to the enterable buildings
-increased Panzershreck/Bazooka ammo to 4 rockets

I ended up making more changes than I expected. I vaguely remember the Russians dominating on this map, so I tried to rebalance it a little bit, but not so much as to unbalance it in the opposite direction. I have also tried to give infantry a better fighting chance against the tanks, giving more AT kits and making the flags more difficult to capture while in an armoured vehicle. Many of the flag's cap radii have been moved to contain enterable, multi-floored buildings, meaning infantry can now hunker down and hold out against tanks without having to expose themselves. This may seem pretty lame, but it means the tanks can't dominate the battlefield as much and have to rely on their friendly infantry to engage in house-clearing if they want to win. Or the Russians could just blow up the entire building with an ISU-152 :P

I'll be pretty busy for the next month or a bit, so I might not be able to work on maps and Sittang will have to wait. I'm wondering whether I should post the edited (full) map files in case someone else wants to build onto them or they need to be included in the next mappack release. I haven't made any other changes to Lilliput since my last post.

Message edited by crazygamelover - Monday, 2017-05-01, 12:20 PM

Joni_KillerDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 5:09 AM | Message # 74
Lieutenant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 4
Don't forgot add all maps in server! smile

Joni_Killer aka Infantry General Jon_Killer aka Major Jon_Killer

Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 11:44 AM | Message # 75
Colonel
Quote Joni_Killer ()
Don't forgot add all maps in server!
Yeah man.

Quote crazygamelover ()
Spurning Fate-1945
I liked your ideas, we'll have more MapPack.  happy 
I do not know this map and I found it very interesting. Could you show me some video about it?

Joni_KillerDate: Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 3:55 PM | Message # 76
Lieutenant
Quote luiscarlosred ()
I do not know this map and I found it very interesting
Eagle Nest -1945.

Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 9:03 PM | Message # 77
Colonel
Quote Joni_Killer ()
Eagle Nest -1945.
oh really? Lol Thx
Then it means that Eagle Nest -1945 is Spurning Fate-1945.

crazygameloverDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-03, 1:58 AM | Message # 78
Colonel
Quote luiscarlosred ()
I do not know this map and I found it very interesting. Could you show me some video about it?
Spurning Fate has a bunch of German vehicles equipped with real experimental night-vision equipment.

That thing that looks like a light at the top allows the commander to see at night using infrared sensors

The Germans equipped a Panther, a Marder, a Sdkfz 251 all with these types of sensors.

They even stuck a sensor on an Stg-44:

The map itself takes place at night, and contains all these weapons as a special German night-vision unit defends (probably German soil) against a massive attack of Russian heavy armor. While the Russians have the advantage in sheer numbers, the Germans have a technological advantage with their NVGs.

This equipment is found only on this map, and I thought it would be a shame to not have it included in FHSW.

Joni_KillerDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-03, 9:18 AM | Message # 79
Lieutenant
Quote luiscarlosred ()
Eagle Nest -1945 is Spurning Fate-1945.
kek. i want saw vanilla Eagle Nest with really WWII vehicle and kits. Not actual 1946 year.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-05-03, 8:54 PM | Message # 80
Colonel
Awards: 9
There use to be a map, (the British version of Alpenfestung, the name is escaping me at the moment) that used this equipment too, however this map may no longer be in the current version of FHSW.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New mappack for 0.61 (m) (Bring back the old maps II)
Search: