[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 - New thread (m) (New SSM thread that replaces the previous one)
Server-side modding 0.61 - New thread (m)
bubuDate: Sunday, 2020-08-16, 10:15 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 30
Update as of 10th Aug:
- Konstantinovsk:
    - SSM done - ready for playing on the main server.

- Alaska:
    - Testing done
    - AMX50  spawns without issues and is locked inside a death-trap
    - The disconnect issue prevails - a kit spawning in tent in mainbase might be the problem, E3 is investigating

- Appenines:
    - balancing (as per Appeninnes problem) done
    - Team lock on axis planes had to be removed to alter the models available
    - Added AA 50cal-quad and T77, however they can't be team locked as they act as counterspawned objects

- Issues with Midway-42, Berlin-45:
    - Map loading screen is incorrect possibly due to the lexiconall.dat file

Next steps:
- Alaska
    - Fix it dry

- Savoy 1940
    - Add 3x BMW motorcycles to axis main if possible, probably spawn 1 and when taken another one spawns in short time
    - Investigate possibility of adding push mode

- Issues with Midway-42, Berlin-45:
    - Attempt to use 0.6 version of the maps on the test server and see if it fixes the issues
    - Attempt to use lexiconall.dat file from Eye both on server and client and see if it fixes the issues
    - Until then both maps will be removed from rotation until fixed

Radio, would u be able to take on Savoy, while E-3 is going insane with Alaska pls?

Message edited by bubu - Sunday, 2020-08-16, 10:19 AM

larxghhDate: Monday, 2020-08-17, 6:18 PM | Message # 22
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
Can the 190 d9 in alpenfestung be armed with a 250kg sc250?

mardukDate: Monday, 2020-08-17, 9:04 PM | Message # 23
General
Awards: 43
Quote Bubu: "- Konstantinovsk:
    - SSM done - ready for playing on the main server."

SSM isn't done. I tested it a few days ago...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2020-08-18, 0:04 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 8
Quote marduk ()
SSM isn't done. I tested it a few days ago...

I am guessing the ssm wasn't active on the main server at that time.
Because on my offline tests the ssm was working fine I already gave the ssm to bubu

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2020-08-18, 1:59 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
Yes, sorry guys, forgot to upload to main server. I uploaded both appenines and konstantinovsk yesterday night.

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2020-08-18, 5:41 PM | Message # 26
General
Suomussalmi
In E6 (exactly between church flag and E6 flag) there is a sign at the front of a house that says "dies ist eine schreckliche karte"
(this is a terrible map). I don't know what modder misused his rights there but please remove that shit!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2020-08-18, 8:38 PM | Message # 27
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 8
Quote marduk ()
In E6 (exactly between church flag and E6 flag) there is a sign at the front of a house that says "dies ist eine schreckliche karte"(this is a terrible map). I don't know what modder misused his rights there but please remove that shit!

Then that was already present on the map because this cannot be done by a ssm, only way to remove something like that is to completely remove it from the map and then reupload the map and redownload it  to everybody.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2020-08-18, 8:39 PM

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2020-08-19, 8:37 AM | Message # 28
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
SuomussalmiIn E6 (exactly between church flag and E6 flag) there is a sign at the front of a house that says "dies ist eine schreckliche karte"
(this is a terrible map). I don't know what modder misused his rights there but please remove that shit!

Quote E-3 ()
Then that was already present on the map because this cannot be done by a ssm, only way to remove something like that is to completely remove it from the map and then reupload the map and redownload it to everybody

Yep, must be an object from the guy who made the map or a guy who modded the map file. Nothing we can do apart from modding the map again and redistributing in the mappack.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-08-19, 10:56 AM | Message # 29
General
There was the same sign in a house on Orel many years ago when Degtarev was still around. He hated Orel and I think he put it there. Now it is on Suomussalmi. It is pretty weird.

Quid pro quo.

mambabf42Date: Monday, 2020-09-21, 9:16 PM | Message # 30
Private
Awards: 0
Is it possible to join the server-side modding team? I would like to help, if needed.

starking018Date: Friday, 2020-09-25, 3:14 PM | Message # 31
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 21
Quote mambabf42 ()
Is it possible to join the server-side modding team? I would like to help, if needed.
That would be great! There are many things to be done, like tweaking balance, fixing issues, etc. which aren't done only because people don't have the time or will to do them. Like bringing back some old SSMs for FHSW 0.61, which were removed only because of incompatibility with FHSW 0.611 (it's a task that is boring but easy to do with a program like WinMerge):
Quote bubu ()
- Midway-1942 (SSM not needed anymore)
- Breakthrough
- Westminster 1942
- Berlin 1945
Add Seelow Heights to this list.

When you read this and other threads you'll find other SSMs which some or all people want (e.g. MAJORMASTERBATES and rafal_pl would like it to be impossible for planes to cap flags while flying on Rheinuebung and it's a good idea if it works). When you play maps you'll get more ideas for things which you'd be interested in doing.

Just suggest ideas and completed SSMs and they'll be evaluated, tested, and then applied if they're good.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

bubuDate: Saturday, 2020-09-26, 3:54 PM | Message # 32
Colonel
Rheineubung:
Decrease capping radius of the flags to prevent their capture by planes.

bubuDate: Saturday, 2020-09-26, 3:57 PM | Message # 33
Colonel
Quote starking018 ()
Add Seelow Heights to this list.
Is it removed already or pending removal? Do we have mass DC on this map or the map doesnt load at all? sad

starking018Date: Saturday, 2020-09-26, 7:47 PM | Message # 34
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 21
The SSM on Seelow was removed after it caused client crashes. Also, it is not reconciled with the new additions, such as the new Yak-9UT.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

aircraftcarrieroffreedomDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 2:11 PM | Message # 35
Private
For Operation Longcloth (1943) the Axis need a buff in the form of:
  • Type 89 Medium Tanks replaced with Chi Ha Ko tank destroyers (Type 2 Ho-I with 57 mm HV gun)
  • Type 92 Tankettes replaced with Chi Ha Kai (Chi Ha with 47 mm Type 1 AT gun) 
  • Type 95 Ha Go (Older versions) replaced with Type 1 Chi He 
  • Type 95 Ha Go (Newer versions) replaced with Type 2 Ho-I tank destroyers (low velocity 75 mm HEAT Rounds) 
  • Type 97 Chi-Ha Tank (57 mm short cannon) replaced with a single Chi-Nu Medium Tank 
  • Type 38 Howitzers (75 mm) replaced with Type 96 Howitzer (155 mm) 
  • Type 1 Anti Tank (47 mm) on Axis non cap-able base replaced with Experimental 10 cm high powered cannon.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 4:43 PM | Message # 36
General
This way Axis definitely would be overpowered...

Quid pro quo.

aircraftcarrieroffreedomDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 4:52 PM | Message # 37
Private
Quote marduk ()
This way Axis definitely would be overpowered...
AFAIK the Chi-Ha Kai and Chi-He tanks are not able to penetrate the Matilda or M3 Lee frontally. However, they would be able to actually damage the Matilda and Lee if they could shoot them from the sides. Which the current Axis tanks cannot do.

The Chi-Nu would only spawn if the Axis were really losing badly (Allies hold all caps). Whereas the Allies get the Matilda pretty easily. Even then, the Chi-Nu is still overall inferior against the Matilda, holding even with the Lee, as both can penetrate each other frontally, and Lee is a bit more durable.

The Axis would only get one (or possibly two) tanks capable of penetrating the Matilda frontally, the Type 2 Ho-I (maybe) and the Chi Ha Ko. This doesn't include the Chi Nu which only spawns if Axis are losing.

The Type 96 Howitzers would only put the Axis on par with the Allies. As the Allies already get M1917 Howitzers (155 mm)

Could you elaborate on why you think this would make the Axis overpowered?

Perhaps the Type 96 Howitzers would only be placed on Flags 2 and 3, as they might be a bit of a problem if the Japanese get them on the Two Flag 1s.

Message edited by aircraftcarrieroffreedom - Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 4:53 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 5:34 PM | Message # 38
General
We never had the feeling before that Axis is disadvantaged on this map. In fact, Axis pretty often is able to push back Allies from the last two flags with infantry and the available spawn-halftrack, trucks and light tanks. I just don't see reason for modding this map. Also Axis is in advantage in defending the flags because of mine-kits (in case they are used cleverly) and the jungle terrain. Enemy tanks can be knocked out with turtle mines.

Generally, I don't see why all maps should be perfectly balanced. That would mean all maps are the same. This is boring, but fighting in a disadvantaged situation means you have to use your brains and develope creative ideas to win. This is more fun than just using equal heavy weapons against each other.

Quid pro quo.

aircraftcarrieroffreedomDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 6:27 PM | Message # 39
Private
Quote marduk ()
I just don't see reason for modding this map. Also Axis is in advantage in defending the flags because of mine-kits (in case they are used cleverly) and the jungle terrain. Enemy tanks can be knocked out with turtle mines.
The issue is that the Axis have basically no ranged weapons capable of dealing with the Matilda or Lee, anything that can damage them is a deployed infantry carried explosive, or a weak CAS plane. The Axis need to be able to predict where the Allies will send their medium/heavy tanks, which isn't completely possible.

The turtle mines (are they the magnetic mines), have very little effect on the Matilda. It takes 16x Individually deployed magnetic mines (4x the load of an engineer) to kill a Matilda, 4x double mines to kill (twice the load of an engineer), or a single quadruple mine rig. In order to stick a magnetic mine on, one has to be able to run up to the Matilda, deploy the mines, and then survive long enough for the timer on the mines to run out. The mine rig (4x mines bound together) doesn't stick to the tank, and needs to be thrown on top of the vehicle in order to kill the Matilda. This strategy is not fully effective against the Matilda since it requires players to be able to ambush the Matilda and get a quad rig, or four double mines on without dying.

All of this would be fine, if the Lee and Matilda vehicle classes were treated as rarely spawning Behemoths, like in battlefield 1, but they are not. The Matilda spawns every few seconds after one is destroyed, and so does the Lee.

Quote marduk ()
Generally, I don't see why all maps should be perfectly balanced. That would mean all maps are the same. This is boring, but fighting in a disadvantaged situation means you have to use your brains and develope creative ideas to win. This is more fun than just using equal heavy weapons against each other.
I'm not sure if what you are trying to describe here is "disadvantage/advantage" but "Asymmetric" where one team has advantages in one category, but disadvantages in the other category meaning that both teams must use their strengths strategically to win a round. If one team is at a total disadvantage (ie one team has better tanks, CAS and antitank kits, while the other team has bad tanks, CAS and antitank kits), then they will almost never win a match unless the enemy is grossly incompetent.

I've not asked here for a perfectly balanced map here. The Allies would still have an advantage here by having two major tanks the Axis can't reliably penetrate frontally with their own tank guns. I have asked because they have a heavy tank with a powerful howitzer in addition to superior howitzer carriages, whereas the Axis would with the suggested SSM now rely on flanking the allied heavies, but have ranged weapons to deal with them from the sides, and by shooting weakspots. While in a singleplayer type game, it is interesting to be placed at a disadvantage, and use creativity to find a winning strategy, in a multiplayer game, both sides have real players with brains. Meaning that given equal competence, the advantaged team will almost always have a substantially higher win-rate.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-10-07, 8:05 PM | Message # 40
General
Blalalalalala A novel writer who tries to be super smart... Not welcome!

Do you really think you can behave like this from the beginning, with your first posts?
(and for the rest reading this: That guy had opened a new thread before with a post double as long as the last one, all about Longcloth, and I already warned him via PM not to push if too far or I would block him - sorry for deleting that thread so there is no proof anymore!)
I recommend if you want something from us you should not question everything what admins with years and years of expercience say, show some more humbleness and don't make endless posts: http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/2-982-1#16605

Quid pro quo.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.61 - New thread (m) (New SSM thread that replaces the previous one)
Search: