[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Passing the torch (r)
starking018Date: Saturday, 2017-01-07, 4:13 PM | Message # 101
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Quote marduk ()
I am also not up to discuss and collect evidence for bans because it often ends up in endless (pointless) discussions and dispute. Other communities destroyed themselfes by discussing and arguing to much bullshit on their forums, which made first admins and then players leave.

Evidence could be as simple as the testimony of the witnesses. Just put it in writing and let people discuss strictly on the topic. If some comment is off topic or repetitive, it's better to delete or move that particular comment than block all further discussion. I could help moderate such discussions this way. I believe that the nasty and pointless arguments which lead to people leaving only arise when there is an atmosphere of a lack of justice, and my proposals are towards justice.

Quote marduk ()
The reason that our community still exists after six years is that we play most of the time -not discuss and argue.

We all want to play, but some can't. For one, Korsakov is banned, so now he can't play with us and we can't play with him. So I care about whether this should be this way. The last time he was banned I happened to not check the forum for some days and the topic was already closed. I don't see evidence of a specific episode with an accusation that he did a specific thing by having a cheat on. Of all specific suspicious things that others identified I couldn't confirm one, and all of my suspicions are not enough to support a decision to ban this player. I don't even know exactly which people's word am I expected to take in judging whether this ban was justified. I take it Marduk and Winbean are two of them. As a player I want to know at least whose word it is, what is that word, and what others have to say about it.

This is also important in my decision whether to join and work together with this staff.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

mardukDate: Saturday, 2017-01-07, 4:47 PM | Message # 102
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
I am studying, working and have other hobbies. FHSW is just for relaxing.
I will not waste my time in helping you to find the ultimate truth in issues that have no importance for me.
And you will not find the form of justice you are looking for -not in real life and not here.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2017-01-07, 6:21 PM | Message # 103
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
In basic I agree with u starking, but the society is absolutly head dominatetd and if u can arguement better then ur opponent, it often happen that u are the winner ... but not innocence in law.
I was one of the voices who hardly want that that guy get´s a ban. I play this game since 2004 and get so damned used with it and what behavier is "normal" and what not and me and several others sensed that Korsakov is too smart and too outstanding. It´s a pitty that so less leave a comment in that thread abot the topic banning Korsakov.
I talked with one guy from F|H who also give me the link to that video and with other guys who are frequently in TS the last time and all agreed. And at last my own experiences with him on the battlefield. It just leads to absence of very old veterans, whow are members of our FHSW family, because they wont get slayned EVERY time he is on the server.

In particular I have no problem to make those discussions open to the players, because it also can happen that just in discussions of that kind the accused makes his guilty visible for everybody. But if he is smart and have a demon on his shoulder he will chatter u dizzy and all good will for justice go to hell ... Thats disadvantage of internet. No body knows u and ur face, u can´t read his face and bodylanguage during talking/writing and the temptation to use lies is so sweet. But it´s also a nice thing because it´s such a nice option to learn the essential about someone. Give him a mask and he will reveal his true face to the audience immediatly wink

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Saturday, 2017-01-07, 6:21 PM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-01-08, 8:37 AM | Message # 104
General
@Robert: I agree. The main problem at the end of the day was that players were leaving the server because of Korsakov. Some of them are people we have been playing with for years. I will not let this issue destroy our core player base. This is more important for me (and in the long-run also for the community) than looking for the ultimate truth or justice.

...and I will not waste my time reading endless posts from people with demons on their shoulder, like this: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/22-798-1

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2017-01-08, 4:00 PM | Message # 105
Lieutenant General
@ Marduk: that was the topic I meant, thx. Don´t think we forget anything so far.

sonikglightDate: Monday, 2017-01-09, 3:08 PM | Message # 106
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote starking018 ()
Let's discuss this, if needed (maybe in a new topic?). Otherwise, I worry for the future of the community and what effort I should put in. If we do things right I think we could have a larger and nicer community.

If you worry about this community, you should make a new topic on it, this topic is  about handing the server over to someone else, that is the discussion here.

Added (2017-01-09, 2:08 PM)
---------------------------------------------
how would the money be transfer to pay the server?

Can paypal be use?

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Monday, 2017-01-09, 3:11 PM

starking018Date: Monday, 2017-01-09, 5:08 PM | Message # 107
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
And you will not find the form of justice you are looking for -not in real life and not here.

I can't and won't accept this, therefore I'd rather not take the responsibility of managing a server with admins with such an attitude.

timothyhughes109Date: Monday, 2017-01-09, 5:31 PM | Message # 108
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Also, please ignore Korsakov's F|H tags.   He is banned there as well.  

Just clarifying.

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-01-09, 7:35 PM | Message # 109
General
@starking: Hard luck! Just look at the other posts and you realize that you fight a lone fight for Korsakov. Very decent, but you should not fight battles you can not win.

Anyway, back to the topic!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-10, 4:58 PM | Message # 110
Colonel
Sorry, but just to make this clear:
Starking is not the only one who believes in Korsakov's innoconce. The decision to ban him was not discussed with all admins of this server.

I won't argue however that a lot of players were pretty unsatisfied with Korsakov's more regular appearance. They were pretty desperate.

But personally I believe it's easier to claim somebody is hacking than saying he is just a good player. Similiar discussions also happen in other Battlefield 1942 communities. Such as Moongamers for example:
http://www.moongamers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65177&page=1

If you read on to the last pages they discuss a lot about BF42 pilot veterans since 2002 and how a lower skilled player easily gets the impression that actual pros at this game use hacks. What people often forget is that of all Battlefields BF42 can be the most competitive one with very balanced maps and team equipment (vanilla obviously).
The metagame especially in aerial combat has evolved to a very extrem level that newer players often come to the wrong conclusion that pros are using hacks.

A rule that is called "No hackusations towards other players" helps to keep the ingame chat clean of denunciation and complains. When Korsakov played on the server the ingame chat turned out to be unreadable to me personally ...

Sorry that I'm bringing this stuff up, but as part of the staff I can't leave this phrase

Quote starking018 ()
I can't and won't accept this, therefore I'd rather not take the responsibility of managing a server with admins with such an attitude.

uncommentated.

With that being said, in my opinion Starking is the best person for managing the server. Because of his knowledge about the game, the technique of the server and his regular appearances as a player.
And it would be a shame that he won't accept the job now after that.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-10, 8:05 PM | Message # 111
Lieutenant General
Quote Xenanab ()
If you read on to the last pages they discuss a lot about BF42 pilot veterans since 2002 and how a lower skilled player easily gets the impression that actual pros at this game use hacks. What people often forget is that of all Battlefields BF42 can be the most competitive one with very balanced maps and team equipment (vanilla obviously).The metagame especially in aerial combat has evolved to a very extrem level that newer players often come to the wrong conclusion that pros are using hacks.

One thing to ur attention: in this case very tough veterans blame a player cheating, not any newbies ... and not just in piloting, but in driving tanks, flying planes, moving as an inf or riding a horse. Thats a big difference to ur stats up there.

I really can´t understand why the thing is beeing ignorateted, that old players with FHSW tags leave the server, because they simply refuse to get slaughtered whole time from a guy in god mode, although they want to have fun on their free time evening! And they know whats going on and no one better then them, thats for sure.

But it´s really pointless to argue with demons on shoulders, last time I have to face this I hope

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2017-01-10, 10:01 PM | Message # 112
General
Enough. We are looking for admins and we continue here http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/2-813-1

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2017-02-09, 9:15 PM | Message # 113
General
Awards: 38
Server payments have been in wewaks hands for some time now, I hope he sets up a way to donate money soon.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-08-26, 8:27 AM | Message # 114
General
So it is time for me now to pass the torch like Eye did years ago.
I think my reasons are well-known, but I list them so everybody can understand (and I hope the community will -in the future- change certain behaviours, otherwise this forum is just going mayhem):
-questioning nearly all of my decisions (kicks and bans for example), this is going so far that players open threads for a single kick
-constant complaining about all maps, rules enforcement, no rules enforcement, whatever comes to your mind...
-but the worst is: Other admins questioning my decisions in front of all players (creating really bad public image), not talking to me, not following our own rules, doing changes to the page and server without communicating, whatever... plus not or hardly changing this behaviour when addressed.

I have been doing this admin job for ten years and I always tried to unify the community and it mostly worked, otherwise we would not be here still. But the constant problems I listed above made me fucking tired the same time, especially because I have seen little effort to improve those things. Some behaviours have even become worse recently.

One advice for you guys for the future: If you do not stick to rules and your own decisions, but as admins behave like a candle in the wind (and try to fulfill all demands of players in terms of mapsetting for example) you are going nowhere with this community and game - you can not make everyone happy. What people need is clear structure and communication. If you do not provide that, some will always start to exploit you - and this is the beginning of the end. Let me tell you this as somebody with two degrees in political science and social science. Take care!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Wednesday, 2020-08-26, 4:52 PM | Message # 115
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
But marduk when I read your post and it makes me sad that you are leaving. You where the image of what fhsw should be and it was great. I know as mainadmins your job is hard and makes sense if you want to give up. But I say this from all the players in the community. Don't do it! Everybody likes you and everybody who has played long as I have or as you have played. They want you to stay and play with us and they want you to be our mainadmin.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

waldhurzakDate: Wednesday, 2020-08-26, 5:05 PM | Message # 116
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
no marduk, dont, please stay

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-08-26, 6:53 PM | Message # 117
Colonel
I'm sad to see this, because I think especially your way of setting maps is very good for the community, and it is very valuable that you put the effort doing it. So I hope you'd continue doing at least this, whenever you feel like it (Not to mention I'd like to continue playing with you, of course!).

It is sad that, as far as I can see, most of the issues stem from mere asymmetric information, difficulties and costs in communicating and doing things (i.e. if only everyone could see and know what everyone else sees and knows, and didn't have to spend so much time doing things, I think probably everyone would be happy).

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-08-26, 8:28 PM | Message # 118
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
marduk you're way of setting maps is fine man the community has always been split in what they want, it's either infantry, tanks, or naval, or overplayed maps beyond belief like Alpenfestung 1945.
The community has many different flavours, and the fact is without you they will be missing out on flavours they like  smile Your attitude of take it or leave it is needed because otherwise we would never play maps you would set because nobody would think of it, and just let the complainers complain because if they always had their way we would be playing the same Maps over and over and over again !

Yes it is true that we do not communicate with you that well but that's also because if I may be honest you are never on TeamSpeak or discord.
Which would have made it so much easier to communicate and I understand if
you are shy to jump into voice chat but discord has a chat box it's
there for a reason

Well to be honest and blunt with you the forum is ok for setting up event maps and making important decisions like banning or changing server side mods.
But really sucks at communicating and is very obsolete compare to discord which the majority of the community is on.

I have in the past accidentally questioned your decision for kicking somebody in the game but that's because again I came from a different structure where administrators were communicating on TeamSpeak 2 and they would always say the reason they were doing stuff and nobody would question it.
Because everyone already understood and the game chat box was never used for such communication, which is of course stupid of me to use it for that reason because that does undermine your authority.
Which has never been my intention!

Yes it is absolutely true that we even do not follow our own rules. ( especially in game)
I am not particularly a beacon of light in that myself I've done stupid things in the past and probably still have.

I think we'll all be forever boys in some way or another because it's just sometimes fun to be stupid which is of course utterly stupid.

I think the reason for your decision suddenly came when you saw the disappearance of the gametracker servers.
well I can tell you me bubu and radio did that with a good reason and that literally was a decision at the moment
when ddos hit !
Which is also kind of again stupid because it can easily be circumvented. I'll send you a PM you can see and hear what we were doing.
So we certainly shouldn't make a habit of it and should respect the rules we make !

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2020-08-27, 0:07 AM

mardukDate: Saturday, 2020-08-29, 3:04 PM | Message # 119
General
I am very tired of this. Ten years admin here and on the server...
Also I do not have a job, it is very hard to get one and thus I am staying with my mom since February again. So a lot of real life bs going on. I just do not have the energy to deal with all the crap that is coming from FHSW, too.

If you want to set maps like I do, learn how to do it: http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/4-661-9852-16-1427693883

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

FranktheEraserDate: Saturday, 2020-08-29, 8:12 PM | Message # 120
Lieutenant
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
Hi Marduk,

I am very sad to hear that. Just to tell that you have done a great job in the server and hope that you can overcome all those problems in your life. And we will be very happy to see you again here.

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Search: