[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Mappack 4 (m) (Mappack 4 construction area)
Mappack 4 (m)
bubuDate: Tuesday, 2019-01-29, 12:50 PM | Message # 61
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Guys, could you please tell me which maps are being worked on? So far I know of the Moon Map. Hellendorn map maybe? Maybe we could include those uniforms that Rafal posted?

I plan to re-pack the mappack for testing on Saturday - I will include the vanilla maps from rafal except for the Coral Sea as that doesn't work at the moment.

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2019-01-29, 5:36 PM | Message # 62
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
the only reason I checked out Hellendorn map.
Because I was actually looking at the ID numbers from the natter.
The goblin normally is using 3 ID  numbers instead of 2 so I wanted to check out if the natter still has 3 lower ID numbers,
but when I saw the natter model in 3ds max 8 still having the original numbers.
I realised the Japanese done nothing to the model so this means the natter is as strong as a tank lol. smile
i'm still only working on the moon map so this map be last sec upload maybe or not tested at all.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2019-01-29, 5:37 PM

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 1:50 PM | Message # 63
Colonel
Ok that's alright, we can leave the Hellendorn and Moon map out of testing for this Saturday then and include them for the next test.

FranktheEraserDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 2:30 PM | Message # 64
Lieutenant
Awards: 5
Hi guys, regarding moon map, se-3 suggested me to ask here whether or not you would prefer the new ground textures I made for moon map. It is basically the same texture but made it greyish, more real Moon look-alike, instead of the current one that is brownish. What do you think?
         OLD                                             NEW PROPOSAL
Attachments: 6476063.png (444.4 Kb)

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 2:50 PM | Message # 65
General
Awards: 45
New grey textures +1

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 3:34 PM | Message # 66
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Good, grey is the typical color of the moonscape.

@E-3: we have maps for several days of testing, so you can take your time. That said, with everything where there are many changes and/or new stuff made it should be expected that multiple iterations of work (modding) and testing would be needed to discover all issues and fix them and get ideas for improvement. So it's a good idea to have a few playable alpha/beta versions when significant new work has been done, to test before the final test, like the version we already tested (so I guess you already know this).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 4:48 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
+1 to Grey textures!! It finally looks more like an actual moon haha. So far I felt like on Venus/Mars/Jupiter or whatever else but the moon XD

Re-uploaded mappack link: https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

Added (2019-01-30, 5:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Changed link... Registration shouldnt be needed

Message edited by bubu - Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 6:13 PM

FranktheEraserDate: Friday, 2019-02-01, 2:01 PM | Message # 68
Lieutenant
Thanks guys for your support on moon map's textures.

While Se-3 is working on "on moon" map, I'm working on fixing Hellendoorn. I have some proposals of change, that I submit here to ask for your opinion:
1- Rename Hellendoorn 1944 to Hellendoorn 1945, as Germans didn't leave that place until March 1945, and we can use more "Secret stuff".
2- Adopt Xpack2 uniforms as rafa and bubu suggested (already fixing it)
3- Changing Wirbelwind for PantherGerät58.
4- German spawn 2 PzIVH, 1 KT 128mm, various Schwimmwagen and R75 between the different bases
5- German spawn 1 Calliope/M16 AA,  1 Superpershing, 2 Rocket Willies, 1 Sherman, one Ford GPA and a LVT4 and a Harley between the different bases.
6- Adding 1-2 static AA and two more MGs around axis and allied territory or at town, in order to be able to face the Natters and Goblins.
7- Normal german helmet instead of M38 (FJ)
8- Change Panzerfaust 100 to 250, and PIAT to 3'5 Inch RCL, in order to give infantry a change against super heavy armour.
9- Add Carbine de Lisle as primary spawnkit
10- When I have time also make Objective version of the map.
11- Replacing FHSW for Xpack2 Schwimmwagen.

What do you think guys?
Attachments: 7526271.png (442.6 Kb)

mardukDate: Friday, 2019-02-01, 2:13 PM | Message # 69
General
@Frank: awesome - keep going. I like your ideas!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

E-3Date: Friday, 2019-02-01, 6:42 PM | Message # 70
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9
Quote FranktheEraser ()
While Se-3 is working on "on moon" map, I'm working on fixing Hellendoorn. I have some proposals of change, that I submit here to ask for your opinion:1- Rename Hellendoorn 1944 to Hellendoorn 1945, as Germans didn't leave that place until March 1945, and we can use more "Secret stuff".2- Adopt Xpack2 uniforms as rafa and bubu suggested (already fixing it)3- Changing Wirbelwind for PantherGerät58.4- German spawn 2 PzIVH, 1 KT 128mm, various Schwimmwagen and R75 between the different bases5- German spawn 1 Calliope/M16 AA, 1 Superpershing, 2 Rocket Willies, 1 Sherman, one Ford GPA and a LVT4 and a Harley between the different bases.6- Adding 1-2 static AA and two more MGs around axis and allied territory or at town, in order to be able to face the Natters and Goblins.7- Normal german helmet instead of M38 (FJ)8- Change Panzerfaust 100 to 250, and PIAT to 3'5 Inch RCL, in order to give infantry a change against super heavy armour.9- Add Carbine de Lisle as primary spawnkit10- When I have time also make Objective version of the map.11- Replacing FHSW for Xpack2 Schwimmwagen.

good work

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

starking018Date: Friday, 2019-02-01, 7:24 PM | Message # 71
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I may come late for the testing tomorrow.

Quote FranktheEraser ()
1- Rename Hellendoorn 1944 to Hellendoorn 1945, as Germans didn't leave that place until March 1945, and we can use more "Secret stuff".

When there are changes beyond just bug fixes and when we want to avoid incompatibility the name should be changed. I think that this applies here and also applies for On_the_moon-1969.

Quote FranktheEraser ()

3- Changing Wirbelwind for PantherGerat58.

Shouldn't there also be a M19 or T77 for Allies for more symmetry (I don't know what used to spawn there in SWWWII when allies held the flag, maybe just a Sherman, but maybe it was so simply because there wasn't an American AA vehicle in SWWWII)? Also, in SWWWII the Wirbelwind could penetrate any armor, so PantherGerat58 and M19 make sense.

Quote FranktheEraser ()

4- German spawn 2 PzIVH, 1 KT 128mm, various Schwimmwagen and R75 between the different bases
5- German spawn 1 Calliope/M16 AA, 1 Superpershing, 2 Rocket Willies, 1 Sherman, one Ford GPA and a LVT4 and a Harley between the different bases.

For more symmetry with the PzIVH which has spaced armor, ideally I'd hope to have a Sherman with sandbags (to stop shaped charges like spaced armor), M2 on top for AA and the 76mm gun, but I don't know if there is such a modification in FHSW. However, the Sherman with sandbags, M2 and 75mm gun would be my next choice.

Quote FranktheEraser ()

8- Change Panzerfaust 100 to 250, and PIAT to 3'5 Inch RCL, in order to give infantry a change against super heavy armour.

That may turn out to be overkill, considering that there is also the jetpack kit with Panzerschreck, but we can test it and see how it goes.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

GameplayerDate: Saturday, 2019-02-02, 10:13 PM | Message # 72
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
Hello I'll suggest these changes to attack pearl on pearl harbor.

6 aircraft carriers to axis main (under the allied killerline) these carriers: Akagi, Kaga, Shōkaku , Zuikaku, Hiryū, Sōryū.   Put some airspawn points to the map corners with Nakajima kates with torpedos, and Aichi D3 val bomber, and Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero fighters.

Then we need allied battleships and some cruiser in there.

I suggest these ships: The lion(it's in operation kikusui day 2 map),
Battleship south dakota, cruisers: Pensacola and Louisville. then 2 san
diego cruisers(no need as objective), 3 destroyers( no needed as
objective), 1 liberyship. We can keep Elco Pt boats as objectives.

Hope for happy when putting this now here where it will get forgotten.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

Message edited by onnipatrika54 - Sunday, 2019-02-03, 0:34 AM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 10:06 AM | Message # 73
General
@Gameplayer: thx for your first suggestions about Pearl Harbor.
I also want to point out a few things about this map:
As this video shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cz9gtMTeI there were two attack waves against Pearl Harbor. I think we should chose the ship layout according to the targets of the first OR the second wave.
Personally I would like the 7 Battleships (targets of the first wave - min 5:54) ab objectives, but with reduced health compared to the same ships on other maps (in fact a battleship could be sunk by 3-4 800 kg bombs).
Also possible: we simulate the 2nd attack wave. In this case we could put already destroyed battleship objectives on the map while the cruisers are active objectives.
In both cases I would like to see the ships at the original places and not as it is right now (battleships were just replaced by cruisers).
For the one who is modding this map the video will be a great help because it provides ALL details needed.

First thoughts about other maps:

Konstantinovsk-1942
With this map we have the possibility to add a 1942 Eastern front map (in fact the only one apart from the Stalingrad maps) with tank battles that will differ to those from 1941 or 1943. For this purpose I suggest to heavily reduce Russian tank variety (atm the layout is pretty similar to Iron Monster or Kharkow Winter):
-remove T35 because it is overrepresented already (Raseinei, Iron Monster, Kiew, Kharkow Winter,...) and was out of service in 1942!
-remove other rarely used prototypes that we can find on many other maps
-only leave the light tanks and the Matilda
-add 4 more T34/76 instead

-add 3 Pz IV F2 for Axis.
With this tank layout we can fight with T 34/76 against Pz IVF2 without everything getting messed up by 8,8 Flaks or KV1s. We don't have that on any other map so far!

-change He 111 bomb load to 4 * 250 kg + 20 * 50 kg which is more appropriate for ground attack missions.

airlandbattle2
This map is arcadic and dumb and not needed.

The_Nebelwerfer_Hunt1944
Please remove "Gießkanne", also just dumb.

Battle_of_foy_classic2
-Replace Nebelwerfer by Pak 40
-Stgw 44 kits for Germans. Along with MP40 they will balance out US infantry firepower (BARs and Thompsons) in the streetfights

Jungle_in_Leyte
-Add two Japanese halftrucks as counterspawn in mainbase when US got all flags.
-Add Japanese kit with SMG to the characters to be chosen.

Convoy_attack
Very imbalanced map.
Remove some German units like submarines, give Allies a Battleship to defend the convoy or put more mercant ships as objectives on the map.

Submarine_fleet
Make this map an objective map without respawning ships. I think there was consensus about this already.

Steel stream
The flag in A1 should be flag 5 of the pushmap system. German desert uniforms have to get exchanged by typical 1944 uniforms like on Stashuv Area.
The map seems to have some more severe issues like players getting trapped in destroyed vehicles though...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 1:44 PM | Message # 74
Colonel
airlandbattle2
- I like the arcadic theme of this map for pure fun, just like Adak race or On the moon map. I wouldn't say it is not needed, I would just say we can add it for fun.
However, myself, Michal and Duck could not join/kept getting disconnected.

The_Nebelwerfer_Hunt1944
- Remove gieskanne mg
- Lock the Tiger?
- Add binoculars to axis kits
- Fix/Change luger P08 sound?
- Decrease ticket ratios?
- More fog on map?
- Ambient sounds for the map?

Alpine Line
- Maybe add something to Italians to counter the Char 1B, Maybe some bomber kit with italian planes?

Konstantinovsk-1942
- I would first find out more about the Hungarian & Romanian tank compositions of 1942, and Soviet tank composition of that year, around Summer time and base the vehicle layout on that. That would create more uniqueness than Pnz4s and T34s maybe?
- Change direction of HE111 to west = at the moment it is heading to the forbidden area
- As Marduk suggested - change the HE111 to normal bomber, not the horizon one.
- Fix transparency issue on Axis/Hungarian flag on the minimap
- Any way to change cliffs so there is a way back up from them once you fall down? Increase water level?

Convoy_attack
- E-3, me, Frank, Rainbow: we all crashed on this map - we need to investigate the cause of this, and fix in order for this map to be included in the release
- Robert suggested adding Milchkuh (resupply submarine)

Jungle_in_Leyte
- Also add different pickup kits: replace some Nambu MGs with flamethrowers, zooks with HE rounds with 4sec timer, etc.
+ 1 from me on counter spawn APCs for Axis

Submarine_fleet
-
+1 for objective map - the objective version already exists, but we tested conquest by my mistake (sorry guys)
- Planes can capture flags easily (Fairey Swordfishes are slow and can circle in air around flags) - Replace them with other planes, maybe F4F Wildcats with deep bombs that we see on Leyte2.
- Fix flag names - Currently they are called just like in Rheineubung (West/Central/East Atlantic area)

Bocage (FHSW 0.3 version)
- Add bushes, trees, other props
- Add other FHSW stuff

Market Garden (FHSW 0.3 version)
- Crashes for me, Tropical, Frank, Shiraz upon loading
- Remove D5 bridge
- Add more props, weapons, vehicles

Operation Da
-
Well tested map, seems to work alright so far, anyone any suggestions, please?
- I would change Wellington bomber from horizon bomber to normal one but not sure how others would like that smile

Pearl Harbor
- As Gameplayer and Duck said: This needs huge fixing biggrin

Summary of fixes that Gameplayer and Duck propose:
- 6 aircraft carriers to axis main (under the allied killerline), namely: Akagi, Kaga, Shokaku , Zuikaku, Hiryu, Sōryū
- Put airspawn points to the map corners with Nakajima kates with torpedos, Aichi D3val bombers, and Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero
fighters
- Change in objectives:
    - The Lion BB (from operation kikusui day 2 map)
    - South Dakota BB
    - Pensacola cruiser
    - Louisville cruiser
    - keep the Elco PT Boats as objective
- Change in other ships: (These would NOT be objectives)
    - 2 San Diego class cruisers
    - 3 Destroyers
    - 1 Liberty ship

Other fixes:
- I noticed couple of disconnects, not sure of the reason, nor who?
- Add ambient/props - objects such as trees, houses, wheatfields, palm trees, maybe a beach somewhere?
    - Use props to mask the "HICKAM" letters on the ground at airfield
- Add planes & props to the empty hangars at allied airfields - This could be either adding one more P40 fighter/fighter-bomber to the hangar, OR adding a wreck here and there, engine props, barrels, etc, etc. Not sure if that is possible but it would look great?
- Radar towers / ATC towers on Island do not have 3D mesh so people can walk through them - these need fixing

mardukDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 2:02 PM | Message # 75
General
Quote Bubu:
"Konstantinovsk-1942
- I would first find out more about the Hungarian & Romanian tank compositions of 1942, and Soviet tank composition of that year, around Summer time and base the vehicle layout on that. That would create more uniqueness than Pnz4s and T34s maybe?"

I think you got me wrong. I want to keep the Matilda, the Russian light tanks and the Hungarian tanks. But the other halt of the tank layout should consist of Pz IVF2 and T34/76 so those can face each other without getting killed by comparatively overpowered weapons like 8,8 Flak and KV1. As I said this would be a unique feature and only possible on a 1942 map like this one.

Pearl Harbor
*add bofors to the sandbag dispositions that are obviously supposed for Flaks.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

rickardsvDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 2:38 PM | Message # 76
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
About the moon map textures

If you look at recent color photographies, the moon's surface is actually brownish, but that might also be because of the sun. 
It depends whether or not the map takes place on the dark side of the moon.

Tropical

FranktheEraserDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 3:26 PM | Message # 77
Lieutenant
Quote marduk ()
awesome - keep going. I like your ideas!

Danke marduk!

Operation DA:
- As a vexillologist I always look at flags, and I saw that in this map, due to an internal illogical fail, there is the American flag instead of the Australian one. I have already changed it.

Link of the map with this issue fixed:
https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

- My other proposal, as once Japs capture flag 4 south, allies can't respawn there and thus makes, in my opinion, non-sense to recap it as it is also far away from allied main, is to turn flag 4 south into flag 3 (uncap for allies) and flag 3 make it flag 4 north. What do you think? I upload pic of ingame map so you can appreciate it better

Bocage:
+ 1 adding vegetation and more FHSW stuff
- Remove Arado Ar 234 Bllitz bomber kit, as it is summer 1944 and non-fictional map....
- Add more flags in the northern and eastern part of the map, thus making Bocage not the exact boring copy of vanilla.

Pacificübung (Submarine fleet):
- Only keep objective version of the map
- Maybe add with map editor some little islands, although not for inf comb or just a little rock with a flag (even objective mode) to attract people from both sides, and also not being so boring plain ocean map with just water and water.
- Change British airplanes for Yank ones.

Market Garden and convoy attack:
I crashed when loading but i managed to play Market once I rejoined

Steel stream:
- Maybe let axis infantry recap all the flags if they can do so, although not respawning the defenses once destroyed.
Attachments: 2152582.png (259.0 Kb) · 1614087.jpg (68.5 Kb)

Message edited by FranktheEraser - Sunday, 2019-02-03, 3:31 PM

bubuDate: Sunday, 2019-02-03, 3:50 PM | Message # 78
Colonel
Quote marduk ()
I think you got me wrong. I want to keep the Matilda, the Russian light tanks and the Hungarian tanks. But the other halt of the tank layout should consist of Pz IVF2 and T34/76 so those can face each other without getting killed by comparatively overpowered weapons like 8,8 Flak and KV1. As I said this would be a unique feature and only possible on a 1942 map like this one.

No, no, I understand your idea and I like it and I am building on top of it... We could see some of historical things done right on this map, probably this might be a good source: https://ww2-weapons.com/hungarian-armed-forces-1942/ This site states that in armoured composition, there were 107 tanks (83 PzKpfw 38(t), 2 Toldi, 22 PzKpfw I) plus Csaba armoured cars (later also PzKpfw III and PzKpfw IV) and for light/infantry divisions there were many 37mm and 50mm PAK guns used as well.  So composition of the Hungarian part of map could reflect this, apart from adding unique combat of Pnz 3/4 VS T34/76s without overpowered cannons smile

Quote FranktheEraser ()
there is the American flag instead of the Australian one. I have already changed it.

Good spot!

Added (2019-02-03, 2:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, updated link of all maps to test:
https://docs.google.com/spreads....sharing

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2019-02-04, 4:57 PM | Message # 79
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Awards: 27
I want to apologize for being inactive for the past month and not participating in testing session. It's so nice to see such an active development discussion going on and I'll do my best to help you bring in this mappack to life.

While looking through the Japanese mappacks, I came a cross what seems to be a heavily modified version of Desert Hill, called Desert Hill 2, and I thought it might be worth a playtesting. Basically, British have to hold out against Italian armour, reinforced by German planes, attacking from both directions. For that purpose, additional trenches and AA emplacements were added. Once British positions are overrun, they receive reinforcements in the form of tanks and bombers to the south. Here are some gameplay videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zog9eNWF_fI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GBw8b2XMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmG312RFIQ

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2019-02-04, 4:58 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2019-02-06, 3:33 PM | Message # 80
General
@Radio: that modified Desert Hill looks nice. I wanted to put planes on it for a long time because it is big enough. So I definitely think it is worth testing it!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Mappack 4 (m) (Mappack 4 construction area)
Search: