[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Bring back the old maps! (m)
starking018Date: Friday, 2015-10-02, 9:16 PM | Message # 141
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Some new observations about Eagles_Nest-1945:

I noticed that the server crashed once on this map while Xenanab was there. I can examine the XML log if need be.

I think that we'll find that axis are too strong, but we will see.

Reluctant Conscript found a bomber kit in main but the plane destroyed itself by its own bomb. I hope that the kit respawns. Does it?

The stationary German MG is teamlocked, but I think this is a bit too much teamlocking. Same with the stationary artillery pieces. No reason to lock these.

The ground above the tunnel is bugged and you can walk in the air in multiple places. The collision mesh has been bugged since ever. Perhaps it should be redone. I think it will be annoying as is.

I would still like to see destructible walls all around the normal flag. That one place where there is a fallen telephone pole over it, remove the pole and put a half-destroyed wall there so that infantry can always pass.

Added (2015-10-02, 8:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------
For those who don't have the maps yet and want to test them before the map pack is finished:

First download New Mappack.zip. Extract the files to the game's /Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/Archives/bf1942/levels folder and replace all existing files with the same names (It is safe. If you want, first make a backup copy to an entirely different folder, away from the game folder).

Then download New-Mappack-beta-2.zip which contains the latest versions of:
Eagles_Nest-1945
fht_sittang_bridge-1942
Operation_Lilliput
Road_To_Ramelle
Spurning_Fate-1945
The_Attack_on_Carentan-1944
Zveroboy

Again, extract the files to the game's /Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/Archives/bf1942/levels folder and replace all existing files with the same names.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

XenanabDate: Friday, 2015-10-02, 9:34 PM | Message # 142
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote starking018 ()
I noticed that the server crashed once on this map while Xenanab was there. I can examine the XML log if need be.

Yes, the crash was somehow weird. I first thought my internet has been gone down.
Well I don't know what the reason was. But I have been about 30 minutes in the game and suddenly it happened.

Quote starking018 ()
I think that we'll find that axis are too strong, but we will see.

That's why we need to test it in public. I believe allies could also have some good chances too.

Quote starking018 ()
Reluctant Conscript found a bomber kit in main but the plane destroyed itself by its own bomb. I hope that the kit respawns. Does it?

The bomberkit respawns yes. There are also two of them on one of the tables.
Normaly the bomb throwing should work well. I've tested it on a local multiplayer game multiple times. If it doesn't wirk for any reason I could switch to another bomberkit.

Quote starking018 ()
The stationary German MG is teamlocked, but I think this is a bit too much teamlocking. Same with the stationary artillery pieces. No reason to lock these.

Anyway not all MGs are locked but could change that.
But the arty should stay teamlocked as it is a somewhat game changing object on the map.

Quote starking018 ()
The ground above the tunnel is bugged and you can walk in the air in multiple places. The collision mesh has been bugged since ever. Perhaps it should be redone. I think it will be annoying as is.
Really? Hm, have to check it out some time...
I've made sure to use the original objects if they don't appear on the FHSW mod files.

Quote starking018 ()
I would still like to see destructible walls all around the normal flag. That one place where there is a fallen telephone pole over it, remove the pole and put a half-destroyed wall there so that infantry can always pass.

I'm not really sure about destructible walls. They seem to cause problems on certain maps (breakable objects in general).
Let's see how it turns out.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 11:01 AM | Message # 143
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@starking: thank you for the new mappack-version!

@all: download the New-Mappack-beta-2.zip
and extract the files to the game's /Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/Archives/bf1942/levels folder and replace all existing files with the same names!

We are going to test as many maps as possible on Sunday.
We will start at 6 pm or earlier if there are enough players!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 12:20 PM | Message # 144
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote marduk ()

@all: download the New-Mappack-beta-2.zip
and extract the files to the game's /Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/Archives/bf1942/levels folder and replace all existing files with the same names!

Wait, wait, I almost have Battle of Foy done, and Carentan needs some fixes too, which I'm planning to do today.

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 12:21 PM | Message # 145
Colonel
Could someone also include the Ocean Town_001.rfa file??
It is a update file that improves the object lightmaps clientside ^^

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 12:51 PM | Message # 146
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
Could someone also include the Ocean Town_001.rfa file??
It is a update file that improves the object lightmaps clientside ^^

No need for that. I included them in map file in the recent Beta-1 version of mappack (you may notice this by increased file size).

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Saturday, 2015-10-03, 12:52 PM

[LSD]SeppDietrich[OGF]Date: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 3:33 PM | Message # 147
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
ob man hier ne frage stellt oder nicht ist in etwa so als wenn ich mit der mauer im garten unterhalte! die sagt das gleiche nämlich nix

Mut bedeutet zu kämpfen auch wenn der Feind übermächtig ist!
Courage meant to fight even if the enemy is over powerful!

Stefan1990Date: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 4:43 PM | Message # 148
General
Awards: 10
so wie es aussieht wollen sie morgen am sonntag gegen 18:00 die maps testen. dzu wirst du die aktuellste ersion des mappacks laden müssen.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 6:55 PM | Message # 149
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Battle of Foy and Carentan are done:
https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

The only thing I changed in the initial suggestion are pick-up mortar kits instead of mortars for Americans.

DeathDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 7:25 PM | Message # 150
Colonel
Awards: 13
So which ones do I download?  cry
new mappack beta 2 and the battle of foy and carentan?

crazygameloverDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 7:42 PM | Message # 151
Colonel
Group: Trusted
I don't think you need to download any of them. They're all serverside mods, anyways.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2015-10-03, 7:58 PM | Message # 152
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote crazygamelover ()
I don't think you need to download any of them. They're all serverside mods, anyways.

This is not true for Battle of Foy, as I changed combat area, thus modifying MaterialMap.raw.

Quote Death ()
So which ones do I download? cry
new mappack beta 2 and the battle of foy and carentan?

Both. Or you can download update mappack archive:

https://drive.google.com/file....sharing

starking018Date: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 0:43 AM | Message # 153
Colonel
About The_Attack_on_Carentan-1944:
You've added a flag at the last flag, but no flagpole smile Actually, all flags lack these, but this last one was the most confusing for players new to the map. I think there is no need to add flags and flagpoles to the other flags.

The spawn APC self destruct timer is too short. Better disable the self destruct altogether for any spawn vehicle, in general.

There are worse issues though. There are 3 flags close together in the middle of the map. The first and the third one are marked "3". The middle one is not marked at all. Did you intend to make the middle one a second "3" flag? Allies can capture it before the first "3" is taken, and even before 2 is taken. There is a visible barbed wire around it (which disappears only after the first "3" is taken), but you can go in and capture it nevertheless, so things are definitely wrong there. The other flag marked "3" is actually not capturable after "2". So there are things to fix both on the minimap and with the push system itself (although I am not sure exactly how you intended it to be).

Also, when 2 is taken by allies, there is no cage to keep axis from returning to it and using its defences - I don't know if this is intentional or not.

About Operation_Lilliput:
The two flags "1" are both in allied hands from the start, so there is no battle for those two flags as it was originally in FH. However, there are still a bunch of axis stationary weapons pointing at where the allied main was in FH, which can be removed.

crazygameloverDate: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 2:56 AM | Message # 154
Colonel
Group: Trusted
@starking I'm aware of this, it's been like that on Lilliput for as long as I can remember. When it comes to the Japanese weapons, I see no need to remove them. It makes the main bases feel like they've just been recently captured, which isn't a bad thing.

Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 9:46 AM | Message # 155
General
on witch server we will test the mappack today?

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 9:58 AM | Message # 156
Colonel
If the complete mappack will be uploaded on our main server we will certainly play there I think ^^

Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 10:53 AM | Message # 157
General
cant wait to play this maps biggrin

starking018Date: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 11:31 AM | Message # 158
Colonel
My server will be up.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 11:55 AM | Message # 159
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Quote starking018 ()
You've added a flag at the last flag, but no flagpole smile Actually, all flags lack these, but this last one was the most confusing for players new to the map. I think there is no need to add flags and flagpoles to the other flags.
Oh, my bad, wacko . I needed to test the map more thoroughly.
Quote starking018 ()
There are worse issues though. There are 3 flags close together in the middle of the map. The first and the third one are marked "3". The middle one is not marked at all. Did you intend to make the middle one a second "3" flag? Allies can capture it before the first "3" is taken, and even before 2 is taken.
Yep, I intended to compose them in one push layer in order to simplify push system and thus reduce the possibility it will break, as those flags are quite close to each other. Regarding minimap, I didn't notice that the number is missing while exporting it from GIMP.
Quote starking018 ()
The other flag marked "3" is actually not capturable after "2".
That's because at least 2 players are needed to cap it, as well as 4th flag.
Quote starking018 ()
The spawn APC self destruct timer is too short. Better disable the self destruct altogether for any spawn vehicle, in general.
Done.

Quote starking018 ()
There is a visible barbed wire around it (which disappears only after the first "3" is taken), but you can go in and capture it nevertheless, so things are definitely wrong there.
Yes, I found a mistake in code (I forgot to add axis killercage for 5m) and now it's hopefully fixed.
Quote starking018 ()
Also, when 2 is taken by allies, there is no cage to keep axis from returning to it and using its defences - I don't know if this is intentional or not.
1st and 2nd flags are uncapturable (as it was in the original map), what is also written on the bottom of the minimap. Therefore there is no need to put allied push cage on it.

Overall, thank you for fast feedback!
Here is the fixed version: https://drive.google.com/file....sharing
Maybe you can upload it to your server, as it is an _001.rfa file, thus server restart is not required?

Mappack updated on the same link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By17mLYB7EvqRElQS09YMFR5Nzg/view

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2015-10-04, 12:10 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-10-04, 12:29 PM | Message # 160
General
Awards: 38
Uploaded to the server:

New Mappack.zip
New-Mappack-beta-2.zip

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Bring back the old maps! (m) (Road to Rome, Secret Weapons of WW2 & FHSW-maps)
Search: