[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » "Please add this to next FHSW version" Thread (r) (Post here your suggestions....)
"Please add this to next FHSW version" Thread (r)
Stefan1990Date: Friday, 2011-02-25, 3:32 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
This is a thread to post your suggestions for the next fhsw versions. you can posts pics,videos or other stuff of vehicles, tanks, plans, ships... wicht you want to see in the next fhsw version! the FHSW devs will fallow this thread tensely cool

Dieser thread ist gedacht um euch die möglichkeit zu geben fahrzeuge, panzer, flugzeuge, waffen... die ihr in der nächsten fhsw version sehen wollt zu posten. die fhsw deevs werden diesen thread gespannt verfolgen und versuchen eure vorschläge umzusetzten cool

Please keep in mind that EVERY additional vehicle in FHSW extends the overall loading time of ALL maps!

Add at least a short reason why this vehicle should be added and not just blindly copy/paste everything that you have found somewhere on the net.
When you are about posting a request, think it twice whether excessive time spent for map loading is worth of all less significant prototypes found on the Internet, even if none of maps use them. The more doesn't stand for better, in this case. Thanks for understanding.

All suggestions so far (collected by Fritz Kempf)
All crossed entries = already added in FHSw or planned in next version.

mardukDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 9:29 AM | Message # 81
General
Awards: 45
The Map "Remagen" needs more trees and bushes and some more buildings on the east shore of the river (especially on the way between the factory and the bridge and on the hill where the 88's standing). The east shore has always been forested so that would be way more authentic. Also, it would give the infantry more possibilities to stop US tanks through ambushes [...].

The Map "Bastogne" just needs little changes. On the field between the US and German some trees (just a few) and several tree stumps should be placed, That would give the German infantry at least a little chance to attack the US lines from the front side by side with their tanks.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2012-03-18, 5:10 PM | Message # 82
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
@ Fritz Kempf yeah nice idea maybe I wished exactly that a few pages before.

Quote (marduk)
The Map "Remagen" needs more trees and bushes and some more buildings on the east shore of the river (especially on the way between the factory and the bridge and on the hill where the 88's standing). The east shore has always been forested so that would be way more authentic. Also, it would give the infantry more possibilities to stop US tanks through ambushes [...].

OK, nice thoughts. I would prefer the posibility that only 2 or 3 players could switch a flag into grey when a flagg could only be captured by 2 or 3. It´s very bad that only 1 guy can grey a flgg but it needs 2 or 3 own teammates to get it back again. That is such a big disadvantage on Remagen. An allie flys over the Rhein and bail and makes the flag grey and takes a tank (absolutly no go) and crushes everything from behind. That is no fun and miles away from any realism.

I want to ask if it´s possible to activate the controll during looking around with mouse view in a plane. Actually it´s impossible to make any maneuvers in the air while looking around sad . And, perhaps it is possible to ad the HUTfunction with snapviews to right, left etc?!

Cam position on Ships: perhaps it is possible to give choice between view as Captain from the brigde and hitting F9 toggle to to turretgun iron sides?! And I think it´s bad that a ship has radar but the AA gunner on ship can´t use it?! Great disadvantage.

Another very important dot I want to call is that a player do the VERY important job of driving the libertyship or the Bergetiger or the Milchkuh (german supply submarine) or even run around with wrench and earns no points for that sad . Isn´t it possible to develop a system that an engineer get points for his honorable work?! That would bee absolutly great and thoose units will be used more often like now.

Now I have 2 wishes for 2 maps. First isn´t my idea but Green shifts. He wrote somewhere here in the Forum about battle of the bulge to delete the flagg on the hill with the mill at the german base and put it on the outpost in the east of the allied fuel dump on the other side of the river.
I think that is a great idea. Perhaps add another flagg at the sawmill on the way in the east to the stonebrigde?! Please post your comments.

The other map is "Bocage" I´m sad that it is gone in FHSW, just like market garden. That maps are not so great and there is everything on it without Navy. I think those maps could be very usefull for us european players because we are mostly only few and ... the size of the maps just fit, doesn´t it?!
1 idea for bocage is to put a strong point on the great open terrain in the northwest of that map where some goodis can be token. A flag with, litle fortification 1 or 2 tanks, a remotekit or whatever?!

Thats all for the first. Please leave your comments and very important cool your ideas!!!

regards, der Eberhahn

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Sunday, 2012-03-18, 5:14 PM

GreenShiftDate: Sunday, 2012-03-18, 5:38 PM | Message # 83
SSM Modder
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
In regards to Roberts suggestion for Bocage, there is also a small group of houses by the south eastern bridge that could be location for a flag.

Edit: I made a post with pictures about Battle of the Bulge, I had forgotten about that but you reminded me smile

Message edited by GreenShift - Sunday, 2012-03-18, 6:18 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-03-18, 6:05 PM | Message # 84
General
Awards: 38
Quote (Robert_von_Eberhahn)
OK, nice thoughts. I would prefer the posibility that only 2 or 3 players could switch a flag into grey when a flagg could only be captured by 2 or 3. It´s very bad that only 1 guy can grey a flgg but it needs 2 or 3 own teammates to get it back again. That is such a big disadvantage on Remagen. An allie flys over the Rhein and bail and makes the flag grey and takes a tank (absolutly no go) and crushes everything from behind. That is no fun and miles away from any realism.

The best idea would be that it should take 3 players to make it grey (= same amount to make it "colored") and make all or at least the high tier tanks only available for the side they're placed.

I want to ask if it´s possible to activate the controll during looking around with mouse view in a plane. Actually it´s impossible to make any maneuvers in the air while looking around . And, perhaps it is possible to ad the HUTfunction with snapviews to right, left etc?!

This bothers me too, but I think it's hardcoded and so impossible to change.

Cam position on Ships: perhaps it is possible to give choice between view as Captain from the brigde and hitting F9 toggle to to turretgun iron sides?!

This is possible on some carriers, you have to hit and hold the Up arrow key on the captain's seat. It definitely works on the American carriers on Operation A, try it out and tell us if that's what you mean. smile

And I think it´s bad that a ship has radar but the AA gunner on ship can´t use it?! Great disadvantage.

Every American ship I know of has a radar on AA positions. The Japanese not, but I think they did this on purpose to simulate the terrible fire control (?? Feuerleitung in German) they had.

Another very important dot I want to call is that a player do the VERY important job of driving the libertyship or the Bergetiger or the Milchkuh (german supply submarine) or even run around with wrench and earns no points for that . Isn´t it possible to develop a system that an engineer get points for his honorable work?! That would bee absolutly great and thoose units will be used more often like now.

That's something I have no opinion, personally I don't care how many points I have at the end of a round. They aren't saved and thus forgotten after next round.

Your map suggestions sound good, nothing to criticise here. happy

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Message edited by Endless_Nameless - Sunday, 2012-03-18, 6:07 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2012-03-19, 8:38 PM | Message # 85
Lieutenant General
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
The best idea would be that it should take 3 players to make it grey (= same amount to make it "colored") and make all or at least the high tier tanks only available for the side they're placed.

Exactly what I mean. My english is too rusty to find the fitting words cool

Quote (Endless_Nameless)

This is possible on some carriers, you have to hit and hold the Up arrow key on the captain's seat. It definitely works on the American carriers on Operation A, try it out and tell us if that's what you mean. smile

Tryed it and exactly what I mean!

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
Every American ship I know of has a radar on AA positions. The Japanese not, but I think they did this on purpose to simulate the terrible fire control (?? Feuerleitung in German) they had.

I recognized that on Eugen and Bismark. I don´t think so that the Germans had such bad communikation on their modern battleships that they forget this ?!

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
That's something I have no opinion, personally I don't care how many points I have at the end of a round. They aren't saved and thus forgotten after next round.

Points are not the very important thing but the dot on the i biggrin . If anyone drives all the time on Rheinübung the Libertyship and his team wins because of that it feels just wrong when he stay on last place with no points!!! Couldn´t we adapt the rating system from FH2 smile ?!?!?

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2012-03-19, 9:06 PM | Message # 86
General
Couldn´t we adapt the rating system from FH2 ?!?!?

How does it work? blink
I don't know if the engine is able to count repairing as points but I see what you mean, it definitely could make the repair ships more attractive.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2012-03-19, 9:47 PM | Message # 87
Lieutenant General
Well I meant that as a joke shy I can´t imagine that it really fit in the BF 42 engine ... sadly weep that is a thing I love at FH2

Not just the Liberty ships but the Bergetiger and the Milchkuh the same.

ningen_yayDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-21, 8:52 PM | Message # 88
Private
Group: Friends
Awards: 1
Japan's new forum!!

http://bb2.atbb.jp/bf1942/index.php

Japan wiki
http://www4.atwiki.jp/battlefield1942
Japan forum
http://bb2.atbb.jp/bf1942/index.php

ACEDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-21, 9:33 PM | Message # 89
Sergeant
Awards: 2
Hey guys why don't they just add the BF1942 SW jetpacks to Operation Rattrap. Just make them a special pickup kit that the British have (say 1 or 2 kits max). It would change gameplay up a fair bit.

While I am at it, why not convert Mimoyecques to FHSW and add a jetpack or 2 also?

Both could be quickly done and the changes would be fairly notable

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-21, 10:43 PM | Message # 90
General
Quote (ningen_yay)

Awesome, but doesn't load for me. Is it down? sad

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

GreenShiftDate: Thursday, 2012-03-22, 5:56 AM | Message # 91
SSM Modder
Awards: 0
It works for me? Maybe they have fixed it since then however

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2012-03-22, 11:31 AM | Message # 92
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
It dosn't work for us in Europe, we have to use japanese proxy site, Google translator is good enough too.

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2012-03-24, 8:25 PM | Message # 93
General
Yes, that works, thanks.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 3:24 PM | Message # 94
General
Has anyone noticed that aiming with the MG-Tankette feels weird or inaccurate?

It's a "bug" in the coding and can be fixed by changing few lines in Tankette's objects.con. Maybe the devs already know about it but here's how I did it (Don't do this as player because I think you won't be able to join the server!):
It doesn't work because MG and Camera have an own Rotational Bundle with different rotation speeds.

Clean solution:
1. delete the "RotationalBundle tksMG_CamBase" and all links to it
2. add the following lines to "RotationalBundle tksMG_Tower"
Code
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate lodtksMG_Cockpit
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0.024/0/0.09
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate tks_MG_Camera
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -0.33/0/0.15

This should also be done with the 20 mm Tankette although it works there because Gun and Camera have the same rotation speed. But it's not really a good idea to have seperate Rotational Bundles for the same purpose.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 4:18 PM | Message # 95
Lieutenant General
U mean the polish small pockettanks?

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 5:12 PM | Message # 96
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12

T30

O-I with the Maus

Message edited by Fritz-Kempf - Sunday, 2012-04-01, 5:15 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 6:03 PM | Message # 97
General
U mean the polish small pockettanks?

Yes. happy

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2012-04-08, 12:01 PM | Message # 98
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
Bachem "Natter"

Da würde ich mich auf ne Map im Battle of Britain Stil freuen. B-17 vs Natter.

Allgemein wären Schienenfahrzeuge noch sehr interessant, EoD zeigt ja, dass es geht. So ein richtiger Panzerzug wäre natürlich die Krönung.

€: Warum funktioniert denn der [i<b></b>mg]-code nicht?

I think the Natter should be bether on the Bombing the Reich map. Near the Flakbunker with a own radar. So if the radar spot a Bomber, the Natter can attack it as soon as possible. The Natter is already in the BF1942 world, like you most know, also the other cool stuff like the Sturmpanzer, T28, .... I hope the FHSW will add those weapons in the mod with little modifcation in texture etc... And maybe add some Allied Jet fighters should be more bether. I hope they will fast go over to a mod that took place between 1937 and 1946. 1937 China - Japan war and 1946 just for all those cool secret projects the armies have made. Al those Jet fighters and powerfull tanks. I want to see the German Volksjager enter the mod, fighting againts the British Meteor, the American Shooting Star, the Russian Borovkov-Florov D. While Germany can reach the USA with his Horten H.XVIII Bombers. That is what i hope will happen.

Message edited by Fritz-Kempf - Sunday, 2012-04-08, 12:03 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-04-08, 10:38 PM | Message # 99
General
Yeah, I was a FHSW noob back then, I didn't even know of the map Bombing the Reich. tongue biggrin

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 0:58 AM | Message # 100
Lieutenant General
Oh! OK So in fact that the Germans are in enginering mostly 3 steps forward I want to have this one than:

ME P1101

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » "Please add this to next FHSW version" Thread (r) (Post here your suggestions....)
Search: